You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is this the furthest away from winning the league we have been since we last won it?

Bjornebye

Nah, the Evans era for me. 

The squad was shite save for two or three players, absolutely shite, but the Mancs were in their pomp, there was lightyears between the two clubs in every possible way, the arse were becoming a real force too. 

These days we're shite but everyone else is shite too. We've also got more money than we had then. Remember when we couldn't find a decent CB for love nor money and couldn't stump up 10 mil for Stam, then the mancs just came in and grabbed him.

I can't imagine that now, to be fair we spend big and we do it quite often, we just waste it all. 

Nah, the Evans era for me.

The squad was shite save for two or three players, absolutely shite, but the Mancs were in their pomp, there was lightyears between the two clubs in every possible way, the arse were becoming a real force too.

These days we're shite but everyone else is shite too. We've also got more money than we had then. Remember when we couldn't find a decent CB for love nor money and couldn't stump up 10 mil for Stam, then the mancs just came in and grabbed him.

I can't imagine that now, to be fair we spend big and we do it quite often, we just waste it all.

spent 10m on scales babb and ruddock

Playing the way we have been over the last six months, we're about as far from the top as at any stage over the last 25 years. (With the obvious exception of the bleak Hodgson days).

Maybe I'm being simple-headed, but I think with the right sacking/appointment in the summer we could have had a sniff of top 2/3 this time around. It's a poor Manchester United side by their standards and Chelsea have been struggling too. Christ knows what Manchester City side will turn up from week to week.

Early days, but clubs like West Ham, Swansea and Leicester are showing what can be achieved with some solid organisation, players who know what their role is and a clear game plan. We've better players than those, but it remains to be seen whether they can be moulded into a real team under this manager.

I'd love to see Klopp here, but it's probably not going to happen. It's a lot more likely that we'll be signing Jamie Vardy for £24m next summer.

• Upvote 2

91 - top of league and still in cup until kenny resigns

92 - win fa cup under souness

93 - wilderness even though we re in CWC

94 - wilderness

95 - league cup under evans

96 - decent league challenge and beaten fa cup finalists

97 - fairly serious title challenge

98 - wilderness

99 - wilderness

00 - nearly get CL qualification under houllier

01 - cup treble. CL qualification

02 - league runners up. CL QF

03 - LC winners but feels like wilderness following CL and uefa cup exits

04 - CL qualification

05 - CL winners. LC runners up

06 - FAC winners. CL qualification

07 - CL finalists. CL qualification

08 - CL SF. CL qualification

09 - League Runners Up. CL QF

10 - EL SF

11 - wilderness

12 - LC winners. FAC Runners Up

13 - wilderness

14 - League runners up.

15 - LC and FAC SF wilderness

Playing the way we have been over the last six months, we're about as far from the top as at any stage over the last 25 years. (With the obvious exception of the bleak Hodgson days).

Maybe I'm being simple-headed, but I think with the right sacking/appointment in the summer we could have had a sniff of top 2/3 this time around. It's a poor Manchester United side by their standards and Chelsea have been struggling too. Christ knows what Manchester City side will turn up from week to week.

Early days, but clubs like West Ham, Swansea and Leicester are showing what can be achieved with some solid organisation, players who know what their role is and a clear game plan. We've better players than those, but it remains to be seen whether they can be moulded into a real team under this manager.

I'd love to see Klopp here, but it's probably not going to happen. It's a lot more likely that we'll be signing Jamie Vardy for £24m next summer.

I think there are very few clubs in Europe currently being managed, both by the owners and the actual manager, worse than we are.

91 - top of league and still in cup until kenny resigns

92 - win fa cup under souness

93 - wilderness even though we re in CWC

94 - wilderness

95 - league cup under evans

96 - decent league challenge and beaten fa cup finalists

97 - fairly serious title challenge

98 - wilderness

99 - wilderness

00 - nearly get CL qualification under houllier

01 - cup treble. CL qualification

02 - league runners up. CL QF

03 - LC winners but feels like wilderness following CL and uefa cup exits

04 - CL qualification

05 - CL winners. LC runners up

06 - FAC winners. CL qualification

07 - CL finalists. CL qualification

08 - CL SF. CL qualification

09 - League Runners Up. CL QF

10 - EL SF

11 - wilderness

12 - LC winners. FAC Runners Up

13 - wilderness

14 - League runners up.

15 - LC and FAC SF wilderness

now imagine you're everton newcastle spurs.

I reckon we're pretty much level with arsenal but behind chelsea and united in trophies won over this period.

I think there are very few clubs in Europe currently being managed, both by the owners and the actual manager, worse than we are.

very few of what you might call the elite clubs maybe but at least 75% of the clubs in every league in europe are worse off than us.

• Downvote 1

very few of what you might call the elite clubs maybe but at least 75% of the clubs in every league in europe are worse off than us.

That doesn't mean they're being managed worse than us.

We'll probably end up a couple of points ahead of Swansea again, does that mean we're being managed better? Of course it doesn't. They're working with a fraction of the budget we are.

I don't think we are that far away. Give Ancelloti some money in Jan and with the players he has we'd easily make 4th and being that this league is shite we'd be right in there for the title but we have a clueless cunt in charge and FSG are still reading his 180 dossier when on the last page it just says... "Gottacha...."

• Upvote 1