You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rugby World Cup 2015

sir roger

Had the impression that Lancaster has been looking for an excuse to get Farrell in & not surprised that he has got the nod, but I always think he makes us safer but stodgier in our play, particularly when added to the Burgess / Joseph swap.

I hope I am wrong but I am expecting a real grind on Saturday night & think Wales will be happy enough with the changes.

Totally agree. Wales under Gatland (who is a prick btw) are very one dimensional.  When they get it right they are absolutely superb & a match for anyone.  Its all about physicality with Wales, hit the gain line hard and feed off that.

Ford caused Wales all kinds of problems when the teams last met. Wales rush defence is not as effective against progressive #9's & #10's.  Farrels more conservative approach will play right into Wales hands imo.  Added to that a midfield selection of Burgess & Barritt.  No problem with Burgess starting but Slade should have been picked ahead of Barritt who offers absolutely nothing in attack imo. 

I fancy wales to nick it on saturday tbh.  England's pack is mis firing & Wales can dominate that area.

Guest Pistonbroke

Good first half that, England the better team but Wales aren't out of it. If Wales don't sort their scrum and Line Outs out then England will win this easily in the end. Some big hits going in, that will tell later in the match too. 

Guest Pistonbroke

We have been our own worse enemies in this second half, giving Wales far too many chances to gain ground when we have been in the ascendancy. Big effort needed now as we are finally in a great position and the Welsh are running out of players- 

Guest Pistonbroke

Well that was a lucky bounce out of nowhere, England seem intent on giving wales all the help they need. All square and a massive final 9 minutes coming up. Neither team good enough to win the cup though. 

Guest Pistonbroke

The only joy I can take from that game is that I had a cheeky 10€ bet on Wales to win at 4/1, softens the blow a wee bit.

England are fucked though, no way will we beat Australia, we got to cocky in that second half and everytime we were in the Welsh 22 we came up short and relied on pens. 

How to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, England their own worst enemies. 

Yep, outstanding from Wales, hopeless from England, just keep the ball don't keep kicking it back when you're leading. Never been a fan of Lancaster, England have bottled it far too many times under his leadership.

Guest Pistonbroke

Yep, outstanding from Wales, hopeless from England, just keep the ball don't keep kicking it back when you're leading. Never been a fan of Lancaster, England have bottled it far too many times under his leadership.

Every time we ran the ball we got past them and caused them problems gaining huge yardage, so what do we do in the second half...kick after shitty kick. Pretty piss poor tactics in that second half summed up by going short at that final line out instead of long. 

We seemed to be trying to be cool. calm & collected, but sometimes it is a game of passion & Wales had that and we seemed really lethargic in the second half.

A fantastic effort by Wales, but I don't think England are out of it yet, They are quite capable of downing the Aussies if they show a bit of a spark & stop their fat lads rolling in to every ruck & maul to give away penalties constantly.

( I'm not even going in to the decision to kick to the corner with 3 minutes to go ! )

Guest Pistonbroke

We seemed to be trying to be cool. calm & collected, but sometimes it is a game of passion & Wales had that and we seemed really lethargic in the second half.

A fantastic effort by Wales, but I don't think England are out of it yet, They are quite capable of downing the Aussies if they show a bit of a spark & stop their fat lads rolling in to every ruck & maul to give away penalties constantly.

( I'm not even going in to the decision to kick to the corner with 3 minutes to go ! )

It would have been a difficult kick at the best of times, but add the pressure of the situation I reckon going for the corner wasn't a bad idea. What was pathetic was the decision to throw short at the line out instead of long. Win the line out, get further into MF and try to win another penalty in a favourable position. 

The play which led to the welsh try lost us that game though, schoolboy error. 

Guest Pistonbroke

That game against Australia is so big, I reckon England might do them.

One never knows with this England squad, capable yes, but we'll have to play out of our skins and hope the Aussies get complacent.