You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rugby World Cup 2015

sir roger

Think the Wales game looks the standout , but I feel the Argies will give Ireland a harder time than most are envisaging.

The Scots seemed hard done to with the 2 bans - there must have been at least a dozen similar offences as the Ford one without any citing being made. While I am sure the citing officer being an Aussie is a coincidence, surely it isn't beyond the wit of the organisers to avoid such conflicts of interest.

Feel sorry for wales missing so many players. They'll give south africa one hell of a game though. This will be won by no more than 5 i reckon. I think wales have another big performance in them.

Scotland have good spirit and won't make it easy for australia. I think australia will win by 10-15 in the end though.

I have this feeling that france will beat the all blacks. They're a mad bunch who seem to come together when it suits them or when they're underdogs. I think this could be a belter of a game....either that or the all blacks will win by 15.

Ireland v argentina could be the best game of the lot. Two cracking sides that i love watching. If ireland had everyone fit, i'd have them by 5-8 point winners. Right now,it's a toss of a coin but i'm going to say ireland.

Wales should have won that. Apart from the SA try which came out of nothing they were comfortably defending SA's one dimensional power based attack.  They left at least one try out there especially in the first 10 minutes.  They should have gone in HT leading by more. Gave away a couple of stupid penalties as well.

I'm sure Welsh supporters are sick of being heroic losers again though. 

Biggar had a superb tournament. Halfpenny wasn't really missed as a result. Webb probably a much bigger loss pre tournamant

need more magic behind the scrum

Think can be said of England, Wales & Ireland. On their day all capable of beating the SH teams but not on a consistent basis.

Ireland have the best/most consistent game plan of those 3 teams hence why they have won the 6 nations twice in a row

All 3 teams though should be having much better home results against SH teams than they have. Lack of diversity to the play is the key imo & that comes from having a well balanced back line. I don't think either of the 3 teams have enough creative players or weavy runners in their back lines.  Still too much emphasis on power & strength.   Need to see more O'Driscoll & Darcy + Roberts & Davies type partnerships in midfield & also a few more watson type wingers as well as the North/Cuthbert types

Felt for Wales there. They looked absolutely dead on their feet in the second half, unsurprising after their tough pool matches and massive injury list. Saffers just coasted theirs, topping their group despite losing to Japan, and seemed to have a bit more of a shove in the closing moments. More silliness from the frankly fucking ridiculous draw.

Guest Pistonbroke

Wales did themselves proud and were unlucky, especially having to play with a depleted team. Saying that, all of those injuries probably spurred them on to play better than if they had a full squad to choose from. They can hold their heads high though and being knocked out, however painful, saves them from an All Black mauling which is exactly what those South Africans will get. 

Good luck to the Irish and Scots today, Ireland will probably make the Semi's but I reckon Scotland will get bummed.