You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bordeaux away

mouse1989

Honestly think this is the first time I've ever had zero expectation for a Liverpool team. Nothing would have surprised me that much today - not the football, not the result. At 0-0 I thought we'd lose, at 0-1 thought it would end a draw but wouldn't have been that bothered either way

That's the worst part of this.

• Upvote 1

oh, and can we all now agree that Emre Can is a "German Paul Stewart"  - can't control the ball, can't pass, has no positional sense, has no speed when closing a man down/ trying to win the ball, yet struts around in an arrogant fashion as if he's Paul Breitner....fucking hate the ponce

Negged. I'm sorry, but I really don't know why you think you can swan around here just pressing the tab key willy nilly.

• Upvote 1

Honestly think this is the first time I've ever had zero expectation for a Liverpool team. Nothing would have surprised me that much today - not the football, not the result. At 0-0 I thought we'd lose, at 0-1 thought it would end a draw but wouldn't have been that bothered either way

That's the worst part of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9znA_dwjHw

did I fall asleep in January 2014 and dream we played our best football for 25 years and that Brendan will give the kids their story....

talk about the modern fickle fan - fortunately, most match going fans are a bit sturdier than you internet warriors, although I do remember murmurs about Paisley going in May 81 after we pathetically lost to Sunderland 0-1 on the last game of the season (and those 10,000 away fans, 2000 of which were in the Kop)..Paris soon stopped such talk but our league demise continued until Boxing Day and the Joe Corrigan game, and talk was still rife then that Bob was past it...

..in other words, patience and support is a virtue.....not for someone like Hogdson perhaps who never earnt it, but Brendan has...wait until he has his 1st team available before writing him off, which means Sturridge up front with Benteke, Coutinho behind, Allen holding and Hendo and Milner making up the diamond....love the new full backs and tonight proved that Sakho should be the rock alongside Mart.

I have some sad news for him.

did I fall asleep in January 2014 and dream we played our best football for 25 years and that Brendan will give the kids their story....

talk about the modern fickle fan - fortunately, most match going fans are a bit sturdier than you internet warriors, although I do remember murmurs about Paisley going in May 81 after we pathetically lost to Sunderland 0-1 on the last game of the season (and those 10,000 away fans, 2000 of which were in the Kop)..Paris soon stopped such talk but our league demise continued until Boxing Day and the Joe Corrigan game, and talk was still rife then that Bob was past it...

..in other words, patience and support is a virtue.....not for someone like Hogdson perhaps who never earnt it, but Brendan has...wait until he has his 1st team available before writing him off, which means Sturridge up front with Benteke, Coutinho behind, Allen holding and Hendo and Milner making up the diamond....love the new full backs and tonight proved that Sakho should be the rock alongside Mart.

Is that you Jermaine?

Comparing Sir Bob to our current incumbent is like comparing Bella Emberg to Kelly Brook.

And Bob is in no way Bella Emberg!

did I fall asleep in January 2014 and dream we played our best football for 25 years and that Brendan will give the kids their story....

talk about the modern fickle fan - fortunately, most match going fans are a bit sturdier than you internet warriors, although I do remember murmurs about Paisley going in May 81 after we pathetically lost to Sunderland 0-1 on the last game of the season (and those 10,000 away fans, 2000 of which were in the Kop)..Paris soon stopped such talk but our league demise continued until Boxing Day and the Joe Corrigan game, and talk was still rife then that Bob was past it...

Right so finishing second is now on a par with three league titles, two European Cups and one Uefa Cup? Which is what Bob had won by 1981.

Ok.

And if you think we played the best football in 25 years that's your opinion, but put Rodgers team up against Rafa's of 2008/09 and get back to me. Just in case you forgot:

Reina

Aurelio

Agger

Carragher

Riise

Benayoun

Alonso

Mascherano

Kuyt

Gerrard

Torres

So basically you're talking complete shit, sorry.

• Upvote 3

Our last decent european season was 09/10 when we were narrowly beaten in the semis to a very good Atletico team (and eventual winners). We've been utter sh*t ever since.

Does rodgers send out weakened teams so he has an excuse when we're inevitably sh*t?

We're Liverpool Football Club - we have one of the best european pedigrees in football, and it's being trampled over. The owners cash in on our "famous" atmosphere on these big european nights, but there aren't going to be anymore the way things are going.

• Upvote 2

Sakho and Moreno must start, the balance of a side can not be underrated. Game sums up Lallana really, moments of complacency and indecision coupled with the sublime. His touch remains exquisite but he's got to hurry the fuck up on the ball, there's a real player in despite what the boo boys say. He's 27 now it's up to him to make the step up.

Sakho and Moreno must start, the balance of a side can not be underrated. Game sums up Lallana really, moments of complacency and indecision coupled with the sublime. His touch remains exquisite but he's got to hurry the fuck up on the ball, there's a real player in despite what the boo boys say. He's 27 now it's up to him to make the step up.

He needs to get on the juice. If he was a bit bigger and faster he'd be better.

Get some steroids in your bloodstream, Adam son.