You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester United 3 Liverpool 1 (Sep 12 2015)

tlw content

I don't think it's mediocrity the fans can't accept, I think it's a bit of a fallacy to suggest Liverpool fans are ultra demanding, when in actual fact we've grown use to the place being run keystone cops style for decades now.

Can't remember the last time we booed a manager, even while mancs are flying banners over their own ground or lower league managers are getting death threats.

What we don't like is managers who don't change even when what they're doing is clearly not working. Playing players out of position and making the same tactical errors again and again is what gratss.

Rodgers has all the same ability flaws as Roy Evans but the hubris of Alex Ferguson, a grating combination to be sure.

• Upvote 2

Good report, pretty much nails it.

The biggest issue for me right now is the attack, and the use of CFs and number 10s in this formation. I think we're actually damaging the value - both in transfer and playing terms - of our forward players now. If we persist, others will follow Balotelli and Markovic in being loaned and eventually going for buttons. I can't see Origi and Ings being as highly rated when they look at their options next year.

God help the next manager.

Instant multi millionaire, just spout enough old guff to convince the owners you know what you're talking about. Set about your plan and enough fucking idiot fans (TK421) will back you even if you know fuck all, even if the results are shit, even if it's pretty obvious you're clueless. 

Sit back and wait for the pay off. I'm surprised there isn't a queue already. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Too bloody right on Skrtel, yet another shambles from our beast at the back...following 1st (shit header)-3rd goal (backing off again!!) v West Ham this one was special. Lets slap it on Lovren through he cost 25m! Not available, cue Sakho at 18m

The players we have on the whole are not that bad, not world class though, but here is something...wee Joe Allen...yes the subject of many an argument on here is by far a better passer than our Quadruple Lucas midfield...

For a club that had Alan Kennedy, Souness, McDermott, Whelan, Molby, Gerrard, Alonso...and the rest...we now have the worst passing midfield I have ever seen in red!

Too bloody right on Skrtel, yet another shambles from our beast at the back...following 1st (shit header)-3rd goal (backing off again!!) v West Ham this one was special. Lets slap it on Lovren through he cost 25m! Not available, cue Sakho at 18m

The players we have on the whole are not that bad, not world class though, but here is something...wee Joe Allen...yes the subject of many an argument on here is by far a better passer than our Quadruple Lucas midfield...

For a club that had Alan Kennedy, Souness, McDermott, Whelan, Molby, Gerrard, Alonso...and the rest...we now have the worst passing midfield I have ever seen in red!

Is there a reason why 97% of your posts are about Skrtel?

Youve got skrtel and lovren in front of mignolet all poor passers, ahead in theory its milner and henderson too similar hard working forward looking late box runners who offer no protection of the defence in open play or indeed positional discipline to offer protection from.

Then theres presumably benteke up top and firminho and coutinho behind no pace or running. Ibe is a rwb in rodgers eyes and barely seems to be given a run in an advanced role even though we have clyne now. I think if we get sturridge back theres hope presuming hes not goosed him an ibe could add much needed pace but will he play a two up top then what happens with firmino and coutinho or lallana or ibe? Where does can fit in all this? Aaaarrg

• Downvote 1

Rodgers has entered the coward phase of his time with the club. It's when they would rather settle for a point than try to win. He would be happy to keep it tight at the back and keep a clean sheet for the rest of the game so when the first goal went in we had no plan about what we were supposed to do. When we finally moved up the pitch after the second it was because they settled down because they were two goals up. You could make it out as if we were playing better, but mostly it was becuse they let us since the match was over anyway.

What I don't get is why we didn't press them higher. This is easily the slowest United side since the 80's and just sitting back and letting them control the game is kind of like surrendering the game.

I must say that I hope we lose in Bordeaux so the heat will turn up even more because Rodgers has to go, he's not an elite manager and that is what we need. We might still be in contact with top 4, but we won't be come December if this keeps going on. There is no optimism in the side and we just keep putting out mid-table performances.

• Upvote 1

He's lost the players. Many many people said it after the shambles at Stoke, and seeing as though the owners decided to give him another chance we've had to wait and see what would transpire and the evidence is pretty damming. These players are not playing for him, worse still it appears they wouldn't know how to even if they wanted to.

I doubt very much that a manager with such a lack of standing as Rodgers can get the players back on side, he has no decent experience to fall back on as a manager or player and no medals to throw on the table.