You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Martin GOBSHITE Tyler.......

old skool tom

• 2 years later...
2 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

No doubt been mentioned in the match thread but he was insufferable today, almost in tears over the offside goal. It's not even funny anymore, listen to him when TAA scores and then imagine if it was Rashford.

He was embarrassing today - never heard anything quite like it. Cryarsing like fuck over the VAR decision to chalk that Chelsea goal off and then going on and on about the use of VAR and generally spewing for pretty much the rest of the game....when he started going on about doing 51 in a 50mph zone and offside it was just bewildering...

He even at one stage tried to call Henderson for putting his hands on the ref but did so in a really petty and angry way - which was the sort of thing a fan might do, but a supposedly neutral commentator doing it was laughable.

He spent rest of game virtually willing Chelsea on, constantly referencing 'all the calls going against them' and bemoaning their situation, again like a fan might do.

Sky should be having a word with him after that today, it was laughable 

• Upvote 2

Just like Motty who was just shite at the end this cunt is utterly detestable sounded like he had a titty lip on before the match  started he probably knew what was coming .

Having watched the brief highlights on here the commentary is shocking it's  obvious he detests us and consequently hates us doing well if those goals had been scored by the Mancs then he'd have jizzing all over the place the twat needs fucking off sharpish 

You can bet your house that this cunt and his cronies will start to try and pressure the authorities to change the rules. Hes a grade 8 mong and offside is the only thing VAR is getting right 100%

All last season all we heard was how Liverpool will be fucked when VAR comes in and now it's in and were still motoring along the same people are up in arms about LIVARpool.

I haven't had sky for years but watched it yesterday and now I know I didn't used to imagine his bias, having pretty much forgotten about it.

Apart the other stuff, I thought the disappointment in his voice when we scored and his happiness when the opposition scored (or when he thinks they've scored) was more obvious. New Zealand commentator Ian Smith managed to sound more neutral during the CWC final than he did yesterday.

100% agree with all these comments - listen to the difference when Trent scores his screamer v the Kante goal.

It's become more than just a minor irritation now, his ridiculous bias colours Sky's whole commentary.

How about Dave U calling him out in one of his blogs? 

I'm not really bothered about his perceived bias, it's subjective- he can be as biased as he wants, it makes no difference to how the team performs.

It's the droning, rambling bullshit he constantly spews that really grates though. Endless pompous nonsense about tenuous coincidences, boring trivia, obviously pre-rehearsed 'talking points' and attempts to whip up some excitement when there really isn't anything there- just stick to the game, ffs.

The offside stuff at first glance looks biased as fuck (Liverpool have benefited from this, therefore it should be scrapped), but I think it was just him trying to get something going, yet another talking point for the pundits to waffle about. It was actually quite funny to see how he was slapped down by everyone. As they all pointed out- you're either offside or you're not, and trying to complicate matters will just lead to more problems (how offside do you need to be- an inch, 6 inches? What if someone is just at the threshold for being adjudged offside, do we then discount that because it's close to some arbitrary limit?). In cricket, you don't get the commentators saying a decision shouldn't count because it was really tight, they just acknowledge how close it was and get on with it.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Anubis said:

To be honest, I was buzzing off him yesterday. He was almost in tears. It was funny as fuck. Carragher and his whole neutrality schtick annoys me more than Tyler.

Yeh, Carra should have grown a pair over his offside hissy fit . Souness called it when he said you can't be a little bit pregnant.

He gets on my tits. There's a clear bias in his commentary. That must mean we're doing something right to get up his nose. He used to view us as inconsequential, now, he cannot hang onto such thoughts though as ourselves and city have broken the united, chelsea and arsenal hegemoney for good.

His comments about the off side reminded me about that other uber twat of the airways, Adrian Durham. He who once famously said after we'd got the benefit of a debatable decision in the 1st leg of a European game, that the same ref should take the 2nd leg and have 'a chance to even the aggregate score up'!

Old time football viewers will remember Gerald Sinstadt commenting for Granada tv. Towards the end of his time, he became a rambling old twat who just talked drivel during commentary. That's where I see Tyler at now, an old, out of time twat talking drivel.

• Upvote 1