You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Declaring war on Rodgers

Gym Beglin

Just thinking about the way he blamed the backroom staff (or at least made them scapegoats) at the end of last season, i wonder if that was similar to what he done to the doctor fella, Zaf something or other , I remember reading at the time several current and ex players seemed shocked by that they all spoke about how good he was and everything he'd done for them he would regularly speak to them during their rehab and keep them upbeat, when we hit the buffers last season and Sturridge went out injured for the 2nd time he "left" the club by mutual consent but he's since walked back into a job (at Palace i think?) so i wouldn't say they offered him a better deal. He (Rodgers) make my skin crawl with his use of the clubs fans and history when things are going wrong when they are going right he uses those sarcastic comments "that our new defence coach" remarks i just feel like booting his head in.

Who knows what went on in the backroom last year. This idea that he threw his mates under the bus is speculation. For all we know Rodgers may have set out a plan that the coaches were to implement and they failed to deliver. Ferguson did not take training at United he gave his coaches a plan.

I am not defending him out of some love. He is close to getting the bullet I agree but sometimes I think we take rumours and internet gossip as truth.

I also have no great love for FSG but I do believe they want a successful team. Whatever their motivation. They have no desire to see us playing shit.

John Henry knows how things work and in a way I am glad he has not gone through 6 managers in 3 years like some. We could be a lot worse off.

It was only a few games ago we were all upbeat seeing a bit of resilience. Did not run deep mind.

Rodgers is on his final warning and he and his staff need to get a grip. Now.

Should Pochettino be sacked as well?

They cannot get top 4 have spent a shit load recently and have had a shit start.

Not quite the same granted but where do you draw the line?

Be careful what you wish for lads. Expecting Klopp but could just as well end up with Pardew.

On a footballing level, what the fuck is wrong with Pardew?

He's twice the manager our current blagger will ever be.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I like him, rate him and there is definitely a manager in there but I think he's come to the end. He doesn't turn it around from here. He'll still be in a job for a few months though. If they sacked him now it would make them look incredibly stupid after backing him.

• Upvote 1

I like him, rate him and there is definitely a manager in there but I think he's come to the end. He doesn't turn it around from here. He'll still be in a job for a few months though. If they sacked him now it would make them look incredibly stupid after backing him.

I agree, and in 10 years time he might be ace, but the last couple of years he seems more wrapped up in his private affairs than becoming a better manager.

We'll be bottom half if he's still around at Christmas.

We may well be but they look like idiots if they sacked him after giving him 1) more money to spend and 2) allowing him to replace his backroom staff. 

As Malcolm F Tucker once said in the Thick of it " Sacked after 12 months - looks live you've fucked up. Sacked after a week - looks like he's fucked up.". 

CommentPhotos.com_1393520746.jpg

Just look at the fortunes of the club he left and the club he joined.

He's done well pretty much everywhere he's been, gaining 3 promotions. not really got a Reading or a Watford on his CV.

Palace are 4th btw and should have had a point yesterday vs the runaway league leaders.

He's not the manager you should be using to make your point, would be my take away message here.

Rodgers will never ever in a million and one seasons be a top manager. He cannot manage. End of. This reasoning or excuse is just peddled out by folk that are week in week out being proved wrong about their backing of him based on a single runners up spot. It's embarrassing and really needs to be stopped.

• Upvote 2

This one result isn't going to change anything with regards to BR job as much as some would like it to.I understand those who are pissed right now and so am I after yesterday's game, if we are out of the race for cl at Christmas he will go, right now we lost a game to one of the strongest teams in the league and that's not going to make the owners rush in to any changes.

• Downvote 3

They cannot get top 4 have spent a shit load recently and have had a shit start.

Be careful what you wish for lads. Expecting Klopp but could just as well end up with Pardew.

I thought Spurs had pretty much turned a profit, and their wage bill is about 2/3 of ours.

I don't think they'll risk bringing in and giving money to another manager with no track record. Been there and done that one.

They can't rely on the fans' patience again, either. I'd say they've got to at least prove that they've tried to get a manager who's won things before they get one who hasn't.