You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Declaring war on Rodgers

Gym Beglin

Those last 15 league games (plus the Villa shambles at Wembley) are at least as bad as what Hodgson served up. And the shite he comes out with every week is challenging Hodgson for sheer foot-in-mouth fuckwittery.

It's not even an aberrant one block of 15 games either. September till December last year (the Villa home game through to the Basle CL exit) was also as bad anything Hodgson served up. Ricky Lambert up front on his own in a must win CL game at Anfield! Those 0-0 draws against dross at Anfield with Ricky Lambert up front on his own. Those 6 CL performances. Playing the reserves in Madrid. That Newcastle away game. Getting turned over by Neil Warnock's Palace.

He survived one dreadful few months and then did it again. Teflon Hodgers.

Hard to argue with that.

Those last 15 league games (plus the Villa shambles at Wembley) are at least as bad as what Hodgson served up. And the shite he comes out with every week is challenging Hodgson for sheer foot-in-mouth fuckwittery. 

It's not even an aberrant one block of 15 games either. September till December last year (the Villa home game through to the Basle CL exit) was also as bad anything Hodgson served up. Ricky Lambert up front on his own in a must win CL game at Anfield! Those 0-0 draws against dross at Anfield with Ricky Lambert up front on his own. Those 6 CL performances.  Playing the reserves in Madrid. That Newcastle away game. Getting turned over by Neil Warnock's Palace. 

He survived one dreadful few months and then did it again. Teflon Hodgers.

And people think they'll sack him, he's going to be here for years. 

I'm not one for getting personal about this, and the time for militancy is not quite here yet, but hopefully the powers that be are noticing that the tide is turning quite significantly. 

John Henry has made a lot of money on the stock market (hedge fund principally, but futures and other options). Anyhow, principally that is all about two things: having good judgement and good timing. 

I hope his investment in Liverpool will now be viewed in the same way. He needs to show good judgement and see the writing on the wall for Rodgers. And he needs to have good timing by backing his good judgement ASAP.

It is clear to me at this point that Rodgers has lost his way at Liverpool and I don't think he can get it back on track. There's a certain fatalism at work now and it seems as though the only thing up for grabs is the timing of the inevitable departure.

FSG - end it now! And do all you can to bring Klopp in. 

• Upvote 1

I've read some really interesting stuff on here lately particularly the stuff from Roger's Reading days.   Some great points well made

However you funnneee are a fucking disgrace.  I don't like to slate anyone on the internets but some of  your posts these last few days have been disgusting.

You want Liverpool to lose to prove a point.

You are abusing a man you don't even know - the Liverpool manager

Yes, we all want him replaced but you need to have a word with yourself

• Upvote 8

PS - keeping the stock market comparison thing going, the main reason people lose a lot of money on the stock market is quite simple: they confuse fear and hope. Here's how it plays out:

When a trade is going well, a bad operator fears that it is about to turn, so they cut it short and lock in a modest profit. It's on the up, but they get out too soon. They should have hope but instead they have fear. The result is that they 'choke' their profit and don't make anything like the amount they should have done. 

Conversely, when a trade is heading south and losing, a bad operator hopes it will turn around, so they let it run and run. They should have fear but instead they have hope. The result is their losses are much bigger than they should be, because they couldn't cut it short and get out of a bad position. 

I would like to suggest that we are in a bad position. We are on the way down and it needs to be cut short. 

John Henry has made a fortune on the stock market. If he applies rudimentary stock market principles to the man at the helm at Liverpool, he will end the arrangement with Brendan Rodgers sooner rather than later. 

PS - keeping the stock market comparison thing going, the main reason people lose a lot of money on the stock market is quite simple: they confuse fear and hope. Here's how it plays out:

When a trade is going well, a bad operator fears that it is about to turn, so they cut it short and lock in a modest profit. It's on the up, but they get out too soon. They should have hope but instead they have fear. The result is that they 'choke' their profit and don't make anything like the amount they should have done. 

Conversely, when a trade is heading south and losing, a bad operator hopes it will turn around, so they let it run and run. They should have fear but instead they have hope. The result is their losses are much bigger than they should be, because they couldn't cut it short and get out of a bad position. 

I would like to suggest that we are in a bad position. We are on the way down and it needs to be cut short. 

John Henry has made a fortune on the stock market. If he applies rudimentary stock market principles to the man at the helm at Liverpool, he will end the arrangement with Brendan Rodgers sooner rather than later. 

But he might have applied that logic when we lost to the mancs at the pit last season, we then went on a great run.

We have bought new players, have new staff and John Henry will have been advised it could take time to bed them in. Add to that Sturridge is coming back, Henderson was inured and Coutinho was suspended and he has his excuses to stick for now. 

But he might have applied that logic when we lost to the mancs at the pit last season, we then went on a great run.

We have bought new players, have new staff and John Henry will have been advised it could take time to bed them in. Add to that Sturridge is coming back, Henderson was inured and Coutinho was suspended and he has his excuses to stick for now. 

I think this is what he will do, but I also believe it will be a mistake. 

Just thinking about the way he blamed the backroom staff (or at least made them scapegoats) at the end of last season, i wonder if that was similar to what he done to the doctor fella, Zaf something or other , I remember reading at the time several current and ex players seemed shocked by that they all spoke about how good he was and everything he'd done for them he would regularly speak to them during their rehab and keep them upbeat, when we hit the buffers last season and Sturridge went out injured for the 2nd time he "left" the club by mutual consent but he's since walked back into a job (at Palace i think?) so i wouldn't say they offered him a better deal. He (Rodgers) make my skin crawl with his use of the clubs fans and history when things are going wrong when they are going right he uses those sarcastic comments "that our new defence coach" remarks i just feel like booting his head in.

His son has an illness so he wanted to move back to London to be close to him.

It's impossible to understand the owners rationale and what they will or won't do.

Who thought in the summer after last seasons complete disaster they would absolve Rodgers and the committee of any blame and just replace Pascoe and Marsh.

So far it is clearly pointing to the club having limited ambition. They even sold the best young player in Sterling whilst smaller clubs like Everton and Wba kept their young sought after players due to the huge increase in TV money. 

If the club has any ambition or at least attempting to have standards, Rodgers and a few others have to go immediately. 

If they don't have ambition they can justify it on the basis of some of the so called "gems" they bought like Markovic, Firmino, Moreno, Sakho and Can are treading water for various reasons under Rodgers calamitous leadership.

If they keep Rodgers it's because he has excelled at selling their par shite and managing expectations not for his ability as a coach.

I think some of you need to live through the Hodgson era again if you think this is rivaling it. His time is up but its nowhere near as bad as that. 

11 points of out 30 in his last 10 PL games. 4 wins in the last 16 league games and 7 defeats. In those 7 defeats we hae conceded 25 goals - relegation form Robbie. He's fucking shite mate and I hope you know me enough by now to know that I'm far from a knee-jerker and would love nothing more than for him to have built on his earlier work. That he simply isn't capable - not at this stage of his career anyway - is an uncomfortable truth, but a truth none the less.

• Upvote 2

11 points of out 30 in his last 10 PL games. 4 wins in the last 16 league games and 7 defeats. In those 7 defeats we hae conceded 25 goals - relegation form Robbie. He's fucking shite mate and I hope you know me enough by now to know that I'm far from a knee-jerker and would love nothing more than for him to have built on his earlier work. That he simply isn't capable - not at this stage of his career anyway - is an uncomfortable truth, but a truth none the less.

It's nothing to do with the points total mate. The Hodgson era was utterly grim and while Rodgers appears incapable of turning this around, he hasn't reached the level where his subs are being booed and people are actively singing for him to take the England job. We've seen before he can manage a team to good level, Hodgson never did that. 

• Upvote 1

Part of me hopes John Henry actually cares as much as our fans about the club.

Most of me thinks he couldnt give a shit anymore and will sell once the main stand is finished.

Far too many inside this football club with no top level experience at the highest level. Money thrown down the drain.

It's nothing to do with the points total mate. The Hodgson era was utterly grim and while Rodgers appears incapable of turning this around, he hasn't reached the level where his subs are being booed and people are actively singing for him to take the England job. We've seen before he can manage a team to good level, Hodgson never did that. 

Hodgson was never a Liverpool manger and the people who wanted him in at the expense of Rafa should take a long look in the mirror. I never wanted him here Robbie as you know and as such never gave him any time as I knew it was a complete disaster to even entertain the possibility of him as manager. Brendan is no wher near the level of poor manager Hodgson was for us, which is why I think what happened with Hodgson hasn't taken place, but I don't see that much difference between the performances aside from that however poor we were under Roy we were never getting beaten by so many goals with such frequency.

Edited by the chimp

A freak/good goal v Stoke, blessed V Bournemouth, lucky v Arsenal albeit just deserved draw. Crapped on in last two games by two very average teams.

Rogers might be luckier than we think, could actually be sitting rock bottom now!!

25 mins v Arsenal we looked like we might be a decent side. We have Lucas * 4 unable to pass ball in middle of park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk