You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Declaring war on Rodgers

Gym Beglin

I know he's been shite since his injury i'm not saying otherwise,the injuries have taken their toll be but he still givis all when plays  although his "all" isn't good enough anymore im just saying fo his service to the club and for hes done for local charities he deserved to be treated better than he has been by Rodgers, left out of the squad several times for players like Allen(who worse even after lucas injuries) and he's also basically been pushed out for the last 2 transfer windows quite publically by Rodgers. I just think Rodgers has the loyalty of a rat.

Its awful, fucking awful, week in week out. The only thing worse than the performances, are Rodgers' cringeworthy post match press conferences full of the same old shit. But you know what will happen , we will scrape a poor win next game, and his arse will be saved again.

He'd lost the players last season and lost all direction. It's an absolute farce he kept his job and  the worm was allowed to sell his own staff down the river, and FSG have thrown good money after bad again with him in the summer.

We'd be better off just giving Gary Mac the job, at least until we can find a suitable replacement (just go all out for Klopp and tell him it's his when he wants it). He probably survived a mid-season sacking last year because there was no obvious replacement and you couldn't exactly give Pascoe the job.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Norwich script is written, we won't score against them.

We will probably beat Norwich and he will say something like "I guess it wasn't Suarez after all" or "The players are beginning to understand the brilliance of what I'm trying to achieve here". much like when he made a sarcastic comment about "must be that new defensive coach we have" when we started keeping clean sheets which inevitably led to us shitting ourselves. It's like the universe needs to keep his ego in check and piss on his cornflakes almost immediately after he opens his mouth. 

I'm getting on his case, I don't like doing it but it's just frustrating seeing incompetence every week.

• Upvote 2

We will probably beat Norwich and he will say something like "I guess it wasn't Suarez after all" or "The players are beginning to understand the brilliance of what I'm trying to achieve here". much like when he made a sarcastic comment about "must be that new defensive coach we have" when we started keeping clean sheets which inevitably led to us shitting ourselves. It's like the universe needs to keep his ego in check and piss on his cornflakes almost immediately after he opens his mouth.

I'm getting on his case, I don't like doing it but it's just frustrating seeing incompetence every week.

Aye, I hear you mate.

He refuses to learn the concept of pride before a fall, and it's us who smash our head open each time.

Yeah, a "defensive genius" he was just before the last 10 games last season.

And I remember that sarcastic comment of his breaking all hell loose on here.

His approach does appear self-serving, and divisive.

Shutting his gob a bit is really some advice he needs to take whatever the future holds for him.

Do it.  Win it.  Then say all you like, son.

Interesting, very little changes.

Rodgers was seen as the natural successor to Steve Coppell - young, dynamic, and, importantly, with previous links to the club, having both played and managed Reading's academy.

What he brought with him was some wonderful ideas and a book absolutely choc-full of meaningless football management speak.

Elliott is right in saying Reading was not the right club for him and his ideas, but that's not good enough reasoning.

I had a season ticket that year, every time I turned up to a game whatever randomly selected team he'd picked that day gave the impression they'd been introduced to each other about 20 minutes before kick-off.

No-one understood what to do, the football was sleep-inducing tedious and utterly ineffective.

The tactics seemed to be tippy-tappying the ball around, losing it, letting the opposition score, then repeating the process until finally having your first shot in the 87th minute.

It was awful.

Rodgers revolutionary tactics were lost on an admittedly limited group of players.

But I ask you, if you are eating a meal, and you realise it's disgusting, do you just blindly carry on eating it in the hope it gets better, or do you eat something else completely different?

Rodgers ploughed on and on, performances got worse and worse and the nonsense he was talking after games just got sillier and sillier.

Elliott is also overlooking the fact that when he was sacked, Reading were teetering above the relegation zone.

They did not give the impression of a team full of hunger for a relegation battle, more a team who really didn't have any idea what they were supposed to do at all.

It might have worked, Rodgers might have kept us up, but it didn't look very likely from where I was sitting.

I don't doubt Rodgers is now a very good manager, I think he'd probably be a decent England manager, although why he'd want to is a mystery.

But at Reading he would not change his ways, ever single fan in the ground could see what he was doing was not working, but he never changed it.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/debate-were-reading-right-sack-8097473

He just thinks he is cleverer than everyone else, fans, players, coaches, football administrators, everyone.

However, we have nobody who is experienced enough at the club to call him out for his shite.

You didn't invent football Brendan so stop acting as if you did.

A change will be made but only when the owners are hit in the pocket

• Upvote 1

I can't help but think what Brendan most have thought after the Stoke match and the players that played that day.

Did he believe that Sakho and Lucas gave up in that game and tried to get him the sack?

I wonder if he felt betrayed by some of the players not started this season?

Even if he had the ability to pull the performances back from the crapper, he was a dead man walking after the Stoke match, not just to the fans but to the players also. The club needed to purge even if it was unfair not to give him a chance, because the situation seems to have been toxic, something either proven or increased with the sacking of his coaches. 

Untenable is the right word here.