You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Declaring war on Rodgers

Gym Beglin

It's not individual defeats that are the issue it's the overall narrative. He's lazy and arrogant and probably spends too much time buzzing off his lifestyle than he does trying to sort out the mess.

I doubt very much he eats, breathes and sleeps football the way Rafa and Houllier did.

His hubris is his biggest flaw, but his arrogance can't cope with failure so he's taken the technique of blame shifting to unprecedented levels.

"I'm out of my depth in the champions league therefore the champions league is shit, it's getting in the way of training and I'm going to put a token side out against Madrid so that when we lose I'll have a ready made excuse"

John Henry: "Brendan, something needs to change at the top."

Rodgers: "I agree, I'm happy to lose my friends on the backroom staff"

"Our signings aren't very good, but that's their fault, they can't adapt to the new order I'm creating, a new brand of football that requires no defensive midfielders, but does require you to always have the world's best striker so you can continually try and equalise when you forfeit the inevitable goals."

Get out Brendan, go and work on your tan and take your snake oil show to Fulham or some shit - your ego is writing cheques your level of managerial ability can't cash, and it always has.

• Upvote 11

It's not individual defeats that are the issue it's the overall narrative. He's lazy and arrogant and probably spends too much time buzzing off his lifestyle than he does trying to sort out the mess.

I doubt very much he eats, breathes and sleeps football the way Rafa and Houllier did.

His hubris is his biggest flaw, but his arrogance can't cope with failure so he's taken the technique of blame shifting to unprecedented levels.

"I'm out of my depth in the champions league therefore the champions league is shit, it's getting in the way of training and I'm going to put a token side out against Madrid so that when we lose I'll have a ready made excuse"

John Henry: "Brendan, something needs to change at the top."

Rodgers: "I agree, I'm happy to lose my friends on the backroom staff"

"Our signings aren't very good, but that's their fault, they can't adapt to the new order I'm creating, a new brand of football that requires no defensive midfielders, but does require you to always have the world's best striker so you can continually try and equalise when you forfeit the inevitable goals."

Get out Brendan, go and work on your tan and take your snake oil show to Fulham or some shit - your ego is writing cheques your level of managerial ability can't cash, and it always has.

He's an arrogant bullshit merchant and needs to fuck off now.

• Upvote 2

The one they decided on when they decided to spend 100 odd million and change all the support staff.

Listen I am not defending the shite we are watching I just think a bit of patience may be needed. Unless as I say a top manager will come in.

I see no plan. Nowt. Never have done.

Stumbledupon several formations/personnel that worked for a few weeks, and had Suarez to bail out all the defensive ineptitude.

No plan, not ever.

Just relentless sales talk.

In the last 14 Premier League games, we've collected 15 points, have scored 12 goals and conceded 24. Extrapolated over a season that's 41 points and 30 goals for. If Hodgson had lasted a season he was on track for 48 points and 45 goals for. Kenny managed 52 points and 47 goals in the season he was sacked.

Rafa's worst season was 63 points, 61 goals and a Europa League semi. If the idiots who forced him out are the same ones calling for Rodgers' head now, I have no sympathy.

For the sake of balance the owl inherited a team consisting of Reina, Carra, Stevie, Mashman, Agger and Torres all before they were over the hill and still managed to make a dogs bollocks of it.

We knew the start of the season was going to be tough and we have been poor.

It is a tough league and I will say he is under pressure but we are not Man City who sack managers after three defeats.

He deserves until at least Christmas to get it sorted.

But its not 3 defeats is it? Last season was utter pants, we were all over theplace. I think what's missing is any sign of consistency never mind improvement. I think he'll be given more time but I think time is of the essence now before the rot truely sets in.

What the fuck is the point in playing an attacking front three if you are going to spend 70 of the 90 mins piss arsing around with the ball between the gk and your defenders ????

Benteke, Ings, Firmino, Ronaldo, Suarez even fucking Messi up front, makes no bastard difference if you dont get the ball forward . Even when we do get the ball forward, we do it with 10 passes when 4 would do the job just as easily and wouldnt give the opposition as much time to regroup.

Im afraid my patience with Rodgers has ran out. We need someone who wants to move the ball around and get it to the attackers quickly, im not talking about hoofing it long, im talking about getting the ball to the midfielders quicker.

The reason we are playing it around at the back so much is because Mignolet cant kick for shit. He doesnt back himself to find a midfielder with his kicks, so he rolls it to a defender every fucking time !, slowing the attack down, giving the opposition time to get behind the ball.

I honestly think its worth a punt on getting Stevie in as manager as soon as hes done his badges.

Sacking a manager after three defeats? Are you drunk?

No, we should sack Rodgers after +3 trophyless seasons, for wasting £250m, valueable funds that could fund a whole new stadium, funds that were generated mostly by selling quality players (e.g. Suarez, Sterling) and cutting the wage bill, we should sack Rodgers for being overall incompetent, for being clueless in the defensive side of the game, for replacing Reina with Mignolet, Suarez with nothing, for Agger's, Sakho's, Illory's treatment.

We should sack Rodgers for his pathetic comments about providing Gerrard with the opportunity to have a standing ovation at the bridge of cunts, for shitting in his pants every time he sees or hears the portuguese shapeshifter, for his briefings about Sterling's texts, after the Jamaican pony pissed all over the club; we should sack Rodgers for being incapable to SHUT the fuck up. 

We should sack Rodgers for being a useless, overrated Fraudster, a YESman. Fuck off Rodgers. Fuck off Rodgers.

• Upvote 10

Sacking a manager after three defeats? Are you drunk?

No, we should sack Rodgers after +3 trophyless seasons, for wasting £250m, valueable funds that could fund a whole new stadium, funds that were generated mostly by selling quality players (e.g. Suarez, Sterling) and cutting the wage bill, we should sack Rodgers for being overall incompetent, for being clueless in the defensive side of the game, for replacing Reina with Mignolet, Suarez with nothing, for Agger's, Sakho's, Illory's treatment.

We should sack Rodgers for his pathetic comments about providing Gerrard with the opportunity to have a standing ovation at the bridge of cunts, for shitting in his pants every time he sees or hears the portuguese shapeshifter, for his briefings about Sterling's texts, after the Jamaican pony pissed all over the club; we should sack Rodgers for being incapable to SHUT the fuck up. 

We should sack Rodgers for being a useless, overrated Fraudster, a YESman. Fuck off Rodgers. Fuck off Rodgers.

Rant-astic!

There's no arc of improvement to give me hope. Arsenal away aside when was our last great performance? Probably Spurs away last year

Its awful, fucking awful, week in week out. The only thing worse than the performances, are Rodgers' cringeworthy post match press conferences full of the same old shit. But you know what will happen , we will scrape a poor win next game, and his arse will be saved again.

For the sake of balance the owl inherited a team consisting of Reina, Carra, Stevie, Mashman, Agger and Torres all before they were over the hill and still managed to make a dogs bollocks of it.

Also for the sake of balance Hodgson hadn't invested £300m in four years to get into exactly the same position.

I've lost all belief in Rodgers, in nearly 4 seasons hes sold Reina,Suarez,Agger,Sterling and let Carragher and Gerrard leave the club without even a part time coaching offer, and replaced them with what ???? Mingolet,Lovren,Ballotelli,Milner and the likes he's totally removed any and all leadership from the squad we used to have player with a voice on the pitch now we look like timid little Girls during games no fight or bottle. His 433 formation has always looked more 451 ever since day 1 we only looked "great" with a 442 and that was more down to Suarez than anything else, His treatment of Sahko (who is head and shoulders better than Lovren) Lucas who has battled and gave everything for the last 6-7 seasons (injuries have taken their toll, injuries, he got playing for us not his national team) and young players like Ilorri (who was never given a chance) is a complete joke even a disgrace. His pre match and aftermatch spiel is embarrassing I'm sick of hearing about our Great support (even though they are great) he's humbled by the chance to manage our great club and so he should be the fraud. Time to move him on and try to save our season, we have some really good players on our books (not all at the club) we just need a Klopp type Manager and some players who command a presence on the pitch who aren't afraid to open their mouths.

I've lost all belief in Rodgers, in nearly 4 seasons hes sold Reina,Suarez,Agger,Sterling and let Carragher and Gerrard leave the club without even a part time coaching offer, and replaced them with what ???? Mingolet,Lovren,Ballotelli,Milner and the likes he's totally removed any and all leadership from the squad we used to have player with a voice on the pitch now we look like timid little Girls during games no fight or bottle. His 433 formation has always looked more 451 ever since day 1 we only looked "great" with a 442 and that was more down to Suarez than anything else, His treatment of Sahko (who is head and shoulders better than Lovren) Lucas who has battled and gave everything for the last 6-7 seasons (injuries have taken their toll, injuries, he got playing for us not his national team) and young players like Ilorri (who was never given a chance) is a complete joke even a disgrace. His pre match and aftermatch spiel is embarrassing I'm sick of hearing about our Great support (even though they are great) he's humbled by the chance to manage our great club and so he should be the fraud. Time to move him on and try to save our season, we have some really good players on our books (not all at the club) we just need a Klopp type Manager and some players who command a presence on the pitch who aren't afraid to open their mouths.

You were doing well until the Lucas bit, he has been dogshit since his injury, absolute, total steaming dogshit.

• Upvote 1