You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

United v Liverpool - match thread

Paco

I'm surprised the media isn't clamouring for a guard of honour for the greatest ever English player.

It'd be a nice gesture, a guard of honour made from all the top class keepers he's managed to beat at international tournaments.

As the spotlight falls on him, Hodgson takes over PA duties and booms out from the loudspeaker: "His goalscoring prowess has translated from Kazakhstan to San Marino, Lichtenstein to Bulgaria".

• Upvote 5

How long before that's all over faceaids as an actual Bill Shankly quote? No doubt with a picture of his head in some clouds ,Shankly gates and surrounded by Angle's.

It already is. My Dad cannot remember him ever saying that and he's got a book of Bill Shankly quotes. Maybe it's just not as memorable as the Everton playing in the back garden and drawing the curtains quote.

I also think some Evertonians have a picture up of Shankly in their house with the quote about him being made more welcome at Goodison than Anfield after he retired.

It already is. My Dad cannot remember him ever saying that and he's got a book of Bill Shankly quotes. Maybe it's just not as memorable as the Everton playing in the back garden and drawing the curtains quote.

I also think some Evertonians have a picture up of Shankly in their house with the quote about him being made more welcome at Goodison than Anfield after he retired.

That's the other one isn't it? If you can't support us when we lose don't support us when we win.

Someone at the club just made it up and admitted it a couple of seasons back.

They're fucking shit, Mata is the only one that worries me. Unfortunately for us Coutinho, Sturridge and Henderson will be absent, three of our key players. Coutinho is the biggest loss imaginable, I feel we are going to look a very blunt force without his ingenuity and creativity. Sakho has to come in for Lovren and Moreno for Gomez however I've no doubt Rodgers will stick with Lovren and Gomez. Expecting hoofball to Benteke, Firmino to show a few nice touches. We'll fall behind and Rodgers will throw on Ings but it will be too little too late.

• Upvote 1