You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

United v Liverpool - match thread

Paco

Lets give him another 300 million and another 4 years. I'm sure he can turn it around if given the opportunity. 

Joking aside you could give him Pellegrini's budget and he wouldn't turn it around,

He just doesn't have the ability to manage a big squad and get more from his teams than the sum of its parts. 

One would hope the owners are reviewing the situation but Im not that hopeful.

Last season was torrid and the way it ended was unacceptable. They gave him a lifeline but sometimes a drowning man cannot grasp it and save himself.

While the first 3 results gave me some hope, the only kind of hope it turned out to be was false hope. The west ham performance was everybit as shocking as palace at home and stoke away last season. The result against bournemouth was at the expense of woefully inept ref \ lino while davie blane's wonder strike helped ease the pain of the stoke 6-1.

But today's performance was woeful again. Shit schoolboy defending (actually, that's an insult to schoolboys) for 2 of the three goals (I'll excuse Gomez because he's a young lad learning while looking impressive and being a centre back playing at left full back!)

The club is a fucking joke and it hurts to say that. Gary Mac is a lovely fella but he's failed in managing. O driscoll managed fucking doncaster rovers for fucks sake and was in charge of coaching england U19's(?) And prem \ international players are supposed to take note of his tactical genius?

We paid nearly £33m for a striker who isnt prolific although scored a great goal today. But, can anyone honestly say they can see this lad netting 15 - 20 goals this season? Danny ings plays his heart out but he was the main striker for a one season in the prem club.

we're going nowhere except backwards. Ive said it before so will say it again. The owners will have 8500 shiny new seats to fill next season. If the team is playing like this by then, they might find they have 10,000+ seats to fill instead as people vote with their feet.

Im seriously considering selling my seat back to the club for Norwich or simply just not use it as I feel like I need to make a stand against this shit.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If Klopp would come here then it is fucking criminal that they are keeping Rodgers in the job.

I think Klopp would be a considerable upgrade if you could get him, but he's going to want to start over again with players who show considerable aggression and commitment, and that's another round of investment for FSG to fund. I'm really not convinced that losing to United matters very much to FSG at all. It hurts fans, but does it hurt them out in Boston? I don't think so.

The only thing I don't fully understand is how their desire for success was strong enough to sack Dalglish, but it's not strong enough to sack Rodgers? - something's changed at FSG, otherwise, he'd be gone by now wouldn't he?

Have they lost the appetite to aim higher in light of how much it'll will likely cost? (genuine question). I'm sure after 4 or 5 rounds of investment they must be wary of having to start all over again with yet another manager.

I think they've sussed out that spending on the stadium expansion will recover some money, but spending on players must fill them with dread now.

Arguably they'll be more focused on their own exit strategy than Rodgers' - getting the club looking as financially attractive as possible before selling up.

They seem like a pretty decent set of owners, but they've had three attempts at hiring a manager - the fans favourite, the older (allegedly) wiser guy, and the up and coming younger manager. The only remaining option is the 'big name' manager, but they've left it so very late, it's hard to attract one, and if they do, they'll need to spend heavily again. When you look at it like that, you can see why they're sticking it out with Rodgers.

The players are bitterly dissappointed??? fucking hell they should be suicidal, i would be if i'd lost against my clubs biggest rivals in the way they did tonight Rodgers is...

Fuck it he's a clown, he will be gone soon I'm not stressing myself out with his shite anymore.

I'm suffering from tonsillitis and can barely move. Thankfully it meant I didn't make any effort to find a stream and watched Back to the Future instead.

Having read this thread I'd take being sick as a dog for the rest of the season than watch a Rogers Liverpool play another game

Shame on you...

back-to-the-future-punch.gif

• Upvote 2

I was late to come to the view that he needed to go, but the way last season ended I thought he would go in the summer. To most people's surprise he got a reprieve.

Since he got a reprieve I started a thread called, "Backing the manager." It made sense to me that we should all calm down a bit to see how things unfolded on the pitch. I never advocated another whole season, but I was arguing for a decent block of games, perhaps even to Christmas, to see how things shaped up on the pitch.

I was wrong.

He should be sacked right away, especially if Klopp would come here. I'm not one for getting personal and being nasty to the manager. The way he has the team playing speaks for itself.

I actually think we have some good players and we are much better than we are witnessing. But for whatever reason they look devoid of ideas and that is down to the manager. Someone made a good comment about him doing better at a smaller club with less players and less tactical options. I get the impression that with all the money spent and all the players brought in, whatever clarity Rodgers once had about the game is evaporating. And that gets through to the players and before you know it, the whole thing is so much less than the sum of its parts.

The remedy is to bring Klopp in. He has charisma so there will be an instant lift. But he also has good ideas about the game and is a proven winner. He will get the players believing in themselves. He will get them pressing and looking so much better.

Make the change and make it now, before another season is written off. Get Klopp now and we will still finish top four as there's loads of football to be played.

Wow.

“The players are bitterly disappointed because they know we can play better than that and over the course of the season I'm sure they will but as you can see there's still a lot of hard work ahead for us. The players are still learning and adapting to how we work.” Brendan Rodgers

The opposition had five new signings adapting today.

• Upvote 1

Just playing on FM 2015 i decided to fine Lovren on 3 seperate occasions 2 weeks wages (6 weeks in all) just for today's performance really, The only player who complained about me being unfair to Lovren was Skrtel so i fined him aswell. Even the players in the game think Lovren is shit.

• Upvote 2

I was late to come to the view that he needed to go, but the way last season ended I thought he would go in the summer. To most people's surprise he got a reprieve.

Since he got a reprieve I started a thread called, "Backing the manager." It made sense to me that we should all calm down a bit to see how things unfolded on the pitch. I never advocated another whole season, but I was arguing for a decent block of games, perhaps even to Christmas, to see how things shaped up on the pitch.

I was wrong.

He should be sacked right away, especially if Klopp would come here. I'm not one for getting personal and being nasty to the manager. The way he has the team playing speaks for itself.

I actually think we have some good players and we are much better than we are witnessing. But for whatever reason they look devoid of ideas and that is down to the manager. Someone made a good comment about him doing better at a smaller club with less players and less tactical options. I get the impression that with all the money spent and all the players brought in, whatever clarity Rodgers once had about the game is evaporating. And that gets through to the players and before you know it, the whole thing is so much less than the sum of its parts.

The remedy is to bring Klopp in. He has charisma so there will be an instant lift. But he also has good ideas about the game and is a proven winner. He will get the players believing in themselves. He will get them pressing and looking so much better.

Make the change and make it now, before another season is written off. Get Klopp now and we will still finish top four as there's loads of football to be played.

90% in agreement, but disagree that the players are particularly good.

Countinho is the current standout player, after that it's a struggle to see anything remarkable. Henderson's a fine player, Milner's often underrated too, but neither are standout performers.

You're kidding yourself in thinking that somehow they are better and just 'underperfoming'.as a result of Rodgers tactics.

It has to be down to Rodgers ultimately, but far more because he's not actually buying the quality he thinks he is. Certainly not of the quality required for top 4.

• Upvote 1

“The players are bitterly disappointed because they know we can play better than that and over the course of the season I'm sure they will but as you can see there's still a lot of hard work ahead for us. The players are still learning and adapting to how we work.” Brendan Rodgers

After the Stoke debacle we were promised that the players would "work hard and learn from this"- they haven't.

Worse than that, it is half a new team, and what they have learned is the old ways.

When Brendan pleaded for his job on the basis that he had "much more to give" we weren't thinking more of what we got against Villa, Stoke, west ham and Man u.

To make this worse, I don't think that we have bought badly- I do think we are being managed badly.

90% in agreement, but disagree that the players are particularly good.

Countinho is the current standout player, after that it's a struggle to see anything remarkable. Henderson's a fine player, Milner's often underrated too, but neither are standout performers.

You're kidding yourself in thinking that somehow they are better and just 'underperfoming'.as a result of Rodgers tactics.

It has to be down to Rodgers ultimately, but far more because he's not actually buying the quality he thinks he is. Certainly not of the quality required for top 4.

Chicken or the egg thing. I have no idea how good Firmino is, but it takes about 2 minutes to see that he's no wide player. Ings should be decent premiership quality, and a good squad player, but he's an attacker and not a wide midfielder in what looked a plain 4-5-1 today. Markovic? How the fuck would we know after watching him at wingback? Gerrard never was and never will be a defensive midfielder. I could go on. As long as this continues it's not very easy to judge the quality of the squad.