You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

United v Liverpool - match thread

Paco

It's the fans at the game today that i feel most sorry for. I know what it's like being in that shithole watching an inept team surrendering to the mancs.

Amen to that Byrnie. It was bad enough watching it on the telly. The poor fans who forked out to watch the utter shite served up yet again are the ones I feel truly sorry for.

Worst part for me is that I really don't care.

I want to feel bad when we lose, and be lifted up when we win.  It's part of the sport, part of being a fan.  There are times when watching Liverpool play (and lose) against a Chelsea or a Man United is just a reminder of how everything about life is wrong sometimes, how the evil prosper and the just suffer.  And normally I'm all about that, at least it's better than going through life numb and resigned to it all.

But at the depths of the Hodgson era it was like this, I didn't expect us to win and I really didn't care much when we didn't.  And here we are, 5 years later, repeating it all again.  

Bring back football.  I miss it.

Rodgers' hubris will rightly cost him his job as he is hell bent on proving his judgment is sound; it isn't. 

This right here is the worst part about Brendan Rodgers.  He's actually a competent coach, in my opinion, when he can check his ego at the door and just focus on making the players better.

His problem is that he wants to be Alex Ferguson, a larger-than-life figure who dominates the club (and in fact the league) with his ability to manage every facet of a club from scouting to recruitment to coaching to in-game management.  But he hasn't the talent to do it, and instead of recognising that he's limited in some areas and finding and trusting talented people to handle them instead, he doubles down to prove his poor judgement correct.  Which leads to bizarre situations like freezing out Sakho to play Lovren and the like, all because he was the one leading the charge to bring them in.

Hubris, as you say.  I'll be genuinely surprised if he's here at Christmas at this point.

• Upvote 1

Utter fucking wank.

I'm really beginning to feel pure hatred and contempt for Rodgers now. How on Earth has he managed to spend so much money just to get it so badly wrong?

Why can't he see that 433 just doesn't work for us? Why can't he see that we lack pace, strength and athleticism in the middle of the park? Why does he insist on playing strikers out of position?

Why and how the fuck has he sucked all belief and hope out me who was a big Rodgers fan?

Man utd are absolutely bang average just as they were last season but yet again we somehow manage to contrive to find a way to lose comfortably.

We are so easy to beat these days and the regularity we concede three or more goals in a game is beyond a disgrace. We are toothless and spineless in equal measure.

Fuck knows where we go from here.

• Upvote 1

I'm not getting too worried because it's obvious the owners and match going fans won't tolerate more of this for much longer and we've actually got the makings of a good squad, with plenty of young talented players to get excited about and providing the owners appoint the right man, we'll be alright.

It's frustrating obviously, but I don't see the season as a complete write off. Even if the owners didn't get rid until Christmas, I still think that's enough time to save the season. My biggest worry is if the owners will go for a top manager or we'll go for Monk or some shit.

We lost 3-1 to those cunts at that vermin shithole. And I dont feel angry...

I feel a resigned sense of apathy.

The last time I felt this way was when we were sinking like a stone under Hodgson.

This is Rodgers' fourth season and where are we at? Defensively we are as shit as ever, we have no leaders on the pitch, and an attack which scores just 3 goals in 5 games (2 worldies and an offside) says it all. Not that any of this stops Rodgers talking out of his arse after the match.

Until the charlatan is out of our club, we will be treading water at best.

I'm not getting too worried because it's obvious the owners and match going fans won't tolerate more of this for much longer and we've actually got the makings of a good squad, with plenty of young talented players to get excited about and providing the owners appoint the right man, we'll be alright.

It's frustrating obviously, but I don't see the season as a complete write off. Even if the owners didn't get rid until Christmas, I still think that's enough time to save the season. My biggest worry is if the owners will go for a top manager or we'll go for Monk or some shit.

I have no faith in the owners to appoint the right man