You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

United v Liverpool - match thread

Paco

Said it many times, but the 'sign on' and 'council houses' jibes from mancs never ceases to astound me.

Save for a couple of coffee shops in the middle built to service your BBC and Advertising types who've moved there from down south, the place is an absolute wall-to-wall shithole.

Racial strife, crime, extreme poverty, long legacies of gang violence, and shitholes aplenty like Moss Side, Long sight and Hulme that make Norris Green look like Bermuda.

Modern mancs are like cockneys, they look at the swanky bars in the middle of the city and take some kind of bizarre sense of smug superiority from it, seemingly not having the brains to realise the place is being rebuilt around them for other - wealthier - demographics and that they themselves just happen to live there. I wonder how many mancs work at the beeb? Probably the girl brewing up.

It claims to hate us yet defines itself by mimicking our achievements 30 years later, be they musical or sporting.

Souless shithole consisting of a ski slope, a shopping centre, various sink estates and three motorways, and a bunch of snide, scruffy shit houses too scared to venture anywhere away from their comfort zones when not in large numbers, typical bully mentality.

Fortunately everyone sees them for what they are, that's why they spend their european trips getting their heads kicked in while our songs are sung from Dortmund to the San Siro.

• Upvote 13

Football aside Manchester is my least favourite major provincial UK city .

Liverpool is just lights years ahead in the way the city and docks have been developed . Give me Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh or even Newcastle  anytime.  

Don't see Manchester on any list of European Capitals of Culture either. 

Said it many times, but the 'sign on' and 'council houses' jibes from mancs never ceases to astound me.

Save for a couple of coffee shops in the middle built to service your BBC and Advertising types who've moved there from down south, the place is an absolute wall-to-wall shithole.

Racial strife, crime, extreme poverty, long legacies of gang violence, and shitholes aplenty like Moss Side, Long sight and Hulme that make Norris Green look like Bermuda.

Modern mancs are like cockneys, they look at the swanky bars in the middle of the city and take some kind of bizarre sense of smug superiority from it, seemingly not having the brains to realise the place is being rebuilt around them for other - wealthier - demographics and that they themselves just happen to live there. I wonder how many mancs work at the beeb? Probably the girl brewing up.

It claims to hate us yet defines itself by mimicking our achievements 30 years later, be they musical or sporting.

Souless shithole consisting of a ski slope, a shopping centre, various sink estates and three motorways, and a bunch of snide, scruffy shit houses too scared to venture anywhere away from their comfort zones when not in large numbers, typical bully mentality.

Fortunately everyone sees them for what they are, that's why they spend their european trips getting their heads kicked in while our songs are sung from Dortmund to the San Siro.

Even by your extraordinary lofty standards, this is absolutely dynamite. Hall of fucking fame post.

Liverpool is just lights years ahead in the way the city and docks have been developed . Give me Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh or even Newcastle anytime.

Was a thing on Granada Reports last year saying it'd dropped out of the top ten for tourist destinations and Liverpool was second after London. They had an expert on saying Manchester should start selling itself by saying it's 'close to Liverpool'. Scenes.

Be class once the cruise ship terminal is running at full pelt, try fitting them up your ship canals you small man syndrome cunts.

• Upvote 1

Was a thing on Granada Reports last year saying it'd dropped out of the top ten for tourist destinations and Liverpool was second after London. They had an expert on saying Manchester should start selling itself by saying it's 'close to Liverpool'. Scenes.

Be class once the cruise ship terminal is running at full pelt, try fitting them up your ship canals you small man syndrome cunts.

Liverpool is the third biggest tourist destination after London and Edinburgh 

The cruise ships are going to bring more visitors and the investments in the docks are going to attract more commerce and create jobs. Fucking shame we don't have a football team worthy of the city at the moment, Used to be the other way round. 

Liverpool is just lights years ahead in the way the city and docks have been developed . Give me Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh or even Newcastle  anytime.  

Liverpool had a massive start on Manchester of about 150 years.  Manchester has better food, hotels, cocktails and shops.  It's not going to overtake the architecture in Liverpool in the foreseeable future though, nor is it ever really going to be a destination for anything but commerce.

Don't read too much into the 'capital of culture' tag.  It's given to cities blighted by decay as a fillip. 

What Liverpool desperately needs is proper jobs.  In proper businesses.  That pay well and will attract talented, ambitious and qualified people to stay, and encourage talent from elsewhere.  And I don't mean call centre, retail or hotel jobs.  

Liverpool had a massive start on Manchester of about 150 years.  Manchester has better food, hotels, cocktails and shops.  It's not going to overtake the architecture in Liverpool in the foreseeable future though, nor is it ever really going to be a destination for anything but commerce.

Don't read too much into the 'capital of culture' tag.  It's given to cities blighted by decay as a fillip. 

What Liverpool desperately needs is proper jobs.  In proper businesses.  That pay well and will attract talented, ambitious and qualified people to stay, and encourage talent from elsewhere.  And I don't mean call centre, retail or hotel jobs.  

i would agree with the last paragraph

manchester has had hundreds of millions of pounds poured into it and its still a shithole. Even mansours near billion pounds hasnt changed much beyond a tiny area of eastlands.

And the mancs have stolen many visitor attractions from other places, the football museum in particular. Why the fuck the BBC decided to site the 'media city' in salford, an area not particularly well served by road,one can only wonder.

I don't even care about which city is more cosmopolitan or attractive to tourists or whatever.

What shocks me is that mocking people for essentially being poor is commonplace whenever we play.  Whether or not it's accurate, it's just bizarre.  Imagine going to a poor neighborhood, anywhere in the world, and mocking people by singing songs about how poor the people are and about how they depend on government handouts.

Seriously, how much of a gobshite would you have to be to do that?  Even if it were true (which, as several have pointed out above, it's not, really, at least relative to a place like Manchester), it's still a completely ignorant thing to do.  Boggles my mind that it happens again and again.

• Upvote 6

I don't even care about which city is more cosmopolitan or attractive to tourists or whatever.

What shocks me is that mocking people for essentially being poor is commonplace whenever we play.  Whether or not it's accurate, it's just bizarre.  Imagine going to a poor neighborhood, anywhere in the world, and mocking people by singing songs about how poor the people are and about how they depend on government handouts.

Seriously, how much of a gobshite would you have to be to do that?  Even if it were true (which, as several have pointed out above, it's not, really, at least relative to a place like Manchester), it's still a completely ignorant thing to do.  Boggles my mind that it happens again and again.

True, but the English are - by and large - huge cunts.

• Upvote 4

Queuing up to get into White Hart Lane last season and loads of them were bellowing "In your Liverpool slum" and "We pay your benefits".

As I loudly pointed out, and as anyone who's ever been round there would know, it's a fucking lush area, like.

I'm still raging after that fucking shambles. And to top it off, I have to go into work tomorrow and face a few Manc cunts. Fuck sake.

How the fuck do you start with Ings wide left? Even fucking Moreno would've been more suited.

Then we're a couple of goals down and he decides to bring on Origi........TO FUCKING REPLACE INGS WIDE LEFT!!?? He finally brings on Moreno with 4 minutes to go!

The amount of times either Can or Milner were furthest man forward was ridulous.

I've developed a real dislike for Rodgers. Ignoring the results, which are obviously shit, the way he threw his back room staff under the bus to save himself shows him to be a right cunt. Not cut from the same cloth as Mourinho, but made in the same factory.

• Upvote 2

When they're in a group, Manchester United fans are arseholes. I don't mean that as an insult to them, it's just objectively true. Singing to somebody about an event where they lost a family member is an incredibly Cuntish thing to do, but whenever they come to Anfield they cannot help themselves.

I don't understand why we still let them in the stadium.

When they're in a group, Manchester United fans are arseholes. I don't mean that as an insult to them, it's just objectively true. Singing to somebody about an event where they lost a family member is an incredibly Cuntish thing to do, but whenever they come to Anfield they cannot help themselves.

I don't understand why we still let them in the stadium.

They're class traitors. Everything they sing about, from institutionalised poverty to police cover ups, was inflicted on the city because it was poor and working class. Manchester too, is equally poor and working class, yet they sing and sneer instead through their union jack drapes.

It's the least northern place in the north because its PR machine functions like the club itself, for 'biggest club in the world' read 'capital of the north', an image designed to whore it out to money from outside.

Its own people get marginalised while the chattering classes and their hangers on flock there with the promise of affordable dockside apartments and sushi.

Said marginalised Jeremy kyle material don't get angry about the fact they've been cut out of their city's own economic model (ride that tram from media city straight to the station and don't look back) but instead try and feel better about themselves by attacking others.

Mancs are the type of people who slag your bird off when you're in the pub toilet and then make out they were only joking when they see you coming.

• Upvote 10

They're class traitors. Everything they sing about, from institutionalised poverty to police cover ups, was inflicted on the city because it was poor and working class. Manchester too, is equally poor and working class, yet they sing and sneer instead through their union jack drapes.

It's the least northern place in the north because its PR machine functions like the club itself, for 'biggest club in the world' read 'capital of the north', an image designed to whore it out to money from outside.

Its own people get marginalised while the chattering classes and their hangers on flock there with the promise of affordable dockside apartments and sushi.

Said marginalised Jeremy kyle material don't get angry about the fact they've been cut out of their city's own economic model (ride that tram from media city straight to the station and don't look back) but instead try and feel better about themselves by attacking others.

Mancs are the type of people who slag your bird off when you're in the pub toilet and then make out they were only joking when they see you coming.

Is right

some good points about Manchester above

I lived there for a while ..... I'm over 6 foot built like a brick shithouse and ex boxer, kick boxer, and doorman

I used to always go out in Manchester with some sort of Liverpool recognition either by t shirt or small LFC badge - mrs mac used to hate it

I never got any trouble

Most mancs are ok and you can talk footy to them on a normal night

There's loads of LFC fans in Manchester

go the game and they are a different breed ..... little weedy shithouses give you the face pressing stuff.  

Unfortunately our boys of the 70/80/90's have been pensioned off because there's no way we would have put up with the the shit you kids put up with these days

we'd have fucking destroyed them

outnumbered or not we would have charged the cunts

Read faustas post and just sighed

This shit wouldn't have happened 10 years ago because we had a top team.  it's been broken up by a combination of jail, fugitives on the run, people getting old and general hatred of the people who kept you safe

your experiences at OT are an example of the club selling out to tourists rather than locals who would fuck those manc cunts

I have pictures of 4000 'lads' getting off at oxford street for man city away when they gave it big time - we fucking run it

tourist puddings fucking it these days

The days you are glorifying here Maca are the days that ultimately led to the disaster at heysel and were a contributing factor to the conditions and attitude of the authorities that were prevalent at the disaster at hillsborough.

Nobody in their right mind wants to see a return to those days, I am not suggesting you do but glorifying them seems a bit wrong to me....makes you sound a bit like one of thise beauts on that Danny Dyer shite about hoolies....although i agree with you about tourists and the half scarf whoppers that have almost taken over just dismay me.

• Upvote 2

I said before the game that de gea would have a worldie and we would lose but i see now that was heavily optimistic, in fact that would have been utopia.

The shortlist was lambert, martinez or rodgers and it would have ended the same with any of them, fsg have made us a dysfunctional institution, a mediocre football club, even hicks and gillette bar the whole bankrupcy thang didnt run us this badly and by god they tried.

Anyone who thinks ridding the club of rodgers is going to change much is just plain ignorant, no top manager with any semblence of self respect would work for these fuckwits who own our club who have fashioned an inept backroom staff and playing squad. They want rid of the king and the flags and the suarezs gerrards reinas and dilute our identity so we are just a franchise for sponsors and carpetbaggers, dunkin donuts pissing on our dead and some corrupt bank on our shirt. This is the future you silly fucks, hendo is captain birdeye with fish bastard fingers for toes the total fanny. Saves yourselfs some time for the rest of the season by tipping a bag of iron filings in your eye.

Fuck these owners off lads the shite is coming from the top and running thru to us at the bottom.