You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

United v Liverpool - match thread

Paco

Dalglish would have been brilliant on it tbh. Good tv at least.

I watched soccer am at the start of the season - first time in years - and Lee Clark was saying he's the funniest guy he's met in football. Very funny fella, etc. I knew he was funny but I didn't know he was quite so. Would have been good alright.

Was never any doubt we'd lose to a horrendous team.

Bad times. Fuck knows how badly a replacement will be handled.

Moores and Parry swapping Ged for Rafa it won't be.

Half the managers in the PL would do better than Rodgers.For less than half the cash. If he is allowed to stay much longer he will be remembered in a worse light than the owl.

• Upvote 1

Half the managers in the PL would do better than Rodgers.For less than half the cash. If he is allowed to stay much longer he will be remembered in a worse light than the owl.

Aye, that wasn't  a suggestion we should keep him in place due to the risk of bodging his replacement mate.

Just a secondary problem.

For me he is worse than the owl, and you've pretty much highlighted the reason. Rodgers is a manager that's had an unprecedented amount of money spent on his squad, irrespective of committee signings or not it's a ridiculous amount of money and we are dropping further and further backwards. All that money spent and we're playing 433 with at least 4 players out of position, it's nothing short of incompetence.

Hodgson was always the wrong manager and a defeatist tithead too. Rodgers is proving a lot of people right who said the job was too big for him from the start, I was always willing to give him a chance as he seemed to want to do things a certain way and had his 'philosophy' but I'm convinced now he is nothing more than a lucky bastard who blagged his way into the job from the start and took me along for a ride for a while. There is no plan, there is no philosophy - he had one great season purely on the basis of having one of the planets best players having the season of his life and dragging others along with him, including a manager who rode on his coat tails.

• Upvote 3

The police ought to be ashamed of themselves. I understand that policing a 5:30 kick off between Liverpool and United must be a twat of an exercise and highlights how Sky flagrantly don't give a fuck about supporters or their safety, but, fucking hell, at least show some semblance of competence.

Allegedly there was a police barrier shepherding supporters out of the car park and into the away section. You could count on one hand the number of bizzies who made this up. About as useful as a condom machine in the Vatican. Fuck all effort was given into moving on the hordes of their scum support who were congregating outside the car park and the away end waiting for us to show up, giving it loads with their standard repertoire of 'always the victim', 'the Sun was right' and 'murderers'. As they're already gathered outside, they clearly know who the Liverpool supporters are, even if supporters weren't wearing colours. One of the lads on our coach yesterday, a young lad just turned eighteen, was identified this way- wearing just a grey polo shirt- and was spat in the face and kicked by some horrible verminous middle-aged Manc. Inside the ground, there were loads of similar stories. The coppers just turned a blind eye to all this. On the way out and back to the car park, a bizzie says 'fuck off, you scouse cunts' to us as he's placed his hands on us to push us back into the car park. I actually pulled the bloke up on this and told him to take his hands off me and that I was freely heading back into the car park and told him he should be more concerned about the their supporters who'd again managed to gather outside to sing the usual songs, all classily accompanied with face-crushing gestures. 

I was pretty close to the partition yesterday and non-stop from the first whistle, it's all of those songs, all of those gestures. Even a few aeroplane ones thrown into the mix to goad us. I'm not even exaggerating here, all I heard in response from us was one 'Munich' chant in the second half (not that I'm condoning it- you're fucking scum if you engage in that sort of shit- more referring to the disparity in terms of output), which was pretty muted and thankfully shouted down by our own supporters. You had stewards and the police aligning the partition, looking dead straight at the dickheads singing these songs, making these gestures and fuck all is done. Why is there an acceptance of this when it comes to them? Week after week, you can hear the songs they song loud and clear on the telly, yet it's never reported, never mentioned. How? Why not? It's a fucking scandal that they aren't castigated, pulled up on this and told to get their house in order. The idea that 'always the victim' isn't about Hillsborough is fucking risible and they showed their true colours years back on it because I remember clear as day when the findings came out and they were playing Villa at Old Trafford. The Villa supporters started chanting 'justice for the 96' and are there any guesses what the Mancs responded with?

I'm fucking done with going to that shithole. The hate is just intolerable. Why the fuck am I paying top dollar to put up with that, with the whole operation overseen by a police force who couldn't give a shit? Compare and contrast it to what they're afforded at Anfield. Poles apart. As we were waiting for our coach in the car park after the match, I got chatting to one of the bizzies there- one of the few sound, human coppers there- and he even admitted to us that the United fans are a nightmare to place and that he was going to throw a complaint in himself as to how the day was policed because he said it was unacceptable and reflected badly on them. I told him about my mate getting spat on and he said he saw a consistent stream of events like that both before and after the game.

Still, I met Alan Kennedy in the concourse before the match. Top fella. Absolute gent and a pleasure to talk to. He even let on to my mate of mine at half time when he nipped down for a slash and resumed the conversation we were all having beforehand. I bet he could still do a job for us now. Can't be worse than some of the frauds we have wearing the Liver bird these days.

• Upvote 9

Shit game, poor selection by BR and he and the players deserve criticsim.

I've calmed down a bit and can understand fans getting angry yesterday, looking back on the game BR got his tactics wrong imo but that was not the main factor in the game.

First half we were happy for Manu to have the ball and they were happy to keep it and not take any chances in possession, second half they get a free kick which shouldn't have been given and score from a set piece.As Carra said after the game players should have recognised what was going on, we dominate the game from then and Manu score another set piece after a mistake by Gomez.

After that we continue to dominate, score and then Manu score a goal from a player running through our defence.From that game I can't come to the conclusion that tactics decided the game although I didn't like or agree with BR selection and tactics.

I've calmed down a bit and can understand fans getting angry yesterday, looking back on the game BR got his tactics wrong imo but that was not the main factor in the game.

First half we were happy for Manu to have the ball and they were happy to keep it and not take any chances in possession, second half they get a free kick which shouldn't have been given and score from a set piece.As Carra said after the game players should have recognised what was going on, we dominate the game from then and Manu score another set piece after a mistake by Gomez.

After that we continue to dominate, score and then Manu score a goal from a player running through our defence.From that game I can't come to the conclusion that tactics decided the game although I didn't like or agree with BR selection and tactics.

You forgot to tweet again,didnt you?

At no stage yesterday did we dominate the game.  We were shit.

You're very like Jose with your reading of a game where you lose 3-1.

Here’s An Apology From A United Fan

I was at the game today at while lots of people will talk about the wonder goals, De Gea and Rodgers, I would like to discuss the singing/chanting of our fans where we spent more time being unpleasant people than we did supporting our team.

Singing ‘You’ll Never Get a Job’ is an outdated chant from the Thatcher era (especially as statistically long-term unemployment is actually falling in Merseyside) and will surely have no bearing on the performance of any United or Liverpool players.

Chanting ‘City Reject’ at James Milner is once again inaccurate since Pellegrini wanted him to stay and he decided to leave City. Maybe next time we should sing ‘Rejected City’ at him, it would probably affect his performance about the same.

The anti-Gerrard chant made an appearance despite him having no affiliation with Liverpool, although if he has a poor game for LA Galaxy this weekend maybe this is why.

The ‘murderers’ and ‘The s*n was right’ chants are false, disgusting and make me ashamed to be a United fan – especially as one of the people doing this was an eight-year-old boy there with his dad. Then, despite accusing Liverpool fans of murder we sing a song about burning Scousers on a bonfire, which isn’t as acceptable an activity as it was in the 15th century.

Anyway for what it is worth on behalf of one United fan: apologies to any Liverpool fan or anyone else who heard the chants, and if anyone can justify them (without using the word banter) please let me know.
Mark in Manchester

http://www.football365.com/news/klopp-or-asda-delivery-man-please

The police ought to be ashamed of themselves. I understand that policing a 5:30 kick off between Liverpool and United must be a twat of an exercise and highlights how Sky flagrantly don't give a fuck about supporters or their safety, but, fucking hell, at least show some semblance of competence.

Allegedly there was a police barrier shepherding supporters out of the car park and into the away section. You could count on one hand the number of bizzies who made this up. About as useful as a condom machine in the Vatican. Fuck all effort was given into moving on the hordes of their scum support who were congregating outside the car park and the away end waiting for us to show up, giving it loads with their standard repertoire of 'always the victim', 'the Sun was right' and 'murderers'. As they're already gathered outside, they clearly know who the Liverpool supporters are, even if supporters weren't wearing colours. One of the lads on our coach yesterday, a young lad just turned eighteen, was identified this way- wearing just a grey polo shirt- and was spat in the face and kicked by some horrible verminous middle-aged Manc. Inside the ground, there were loads of similar stories. The coppers just turned a blind eye to all this. On the way out and back to the car park, a bizzie says 'fuck off, you scouse cunts' to us as he's placed his hands on us to push us back into the car park. I actually pulled the bloke up on this and told him to take his hands off me and that I was freely heading back into the car park and told him he should be more concerned about the their supporters who'd again managed to gather outside to sing the usual songs, all classily accompanied with face-crushing gestures. 

I was pretty close to the partition yesterday and non-stop from the first whistle, it's all of those songs, all of those gestures. Even a few aeroplane ones thrown into the mix to goad us. I'm not even exaggerating here, all I heard in response from us was one 'Munich' chant in the second half (not that I'm condoning it- you're fucking scum if you engage in that sort of shit- more referring to the disparity in terms of output), which was pretty muted and thankfully shouted down by our own supporters. You had stewards and the police aligning the partition, looking dead straight at the dickheads singing these songs, making these gestures and fuck all is done. Why is there an acceptance of this when it comes to them? Week after week, you can hear the songs they song loud and clear on the telly, yet it's never reported, never mentioned. How? Why not? It's a fucking scandal that they aren't castigated, pulled up on this and told to get their house in order. The idea that 'always the victim' isn't about Hillsborough is fucking risible and they showed their true colours years back on it because I remember clear as day when the findings came out and they were playing Villa at Old Trafford. The Villa supporters started chanting 'justice for the 96' and are there any guesses what the Mancs responded with?

I'm fucking done with going to that shithole. The hate is just intolerable. Why the fuck am I paying top dollar to put up with that, with the whole operation overseen by a police force who couldn't give a shit? Compare and contrast it to what they're afforded at Anfield. Poles apart. As we were waiting for our coach in the car park after the match, I got chatting to one of the bizzies there- one of the few sound, human coppers there- and he even admitted to us that the United fans are a nightmare to place and that he was going to throw a complaint in himself as to how the day was policed because he said it was unacceptable and reflected badly on them. I told him about my mate getting spat on and he said he saw a consistent stream of events like that both before and after the game.

Still, I met Alan Kennedy in the concourse before the match. Top fella. Absolute gent and a pleasure to talk to. He even let on to my mate of mine at half time when he nipped down for a slash and resumed the conversation we were all having beforehand. I bet he could still do a job for us now. Can't be worse than some of the frauds we have wearing the Liver bird these days.

The 'murderers' chant started soon after kick off. It was clearly audible on the tv yet tyler said fuck all about that, 'always the victims' and 'without killing anyone.' Wonder why that was? Fucking scum.

• Upvote 1