You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

United v Liverpool - match thread

Paco

If I was in charge:

--------------------Mignolet--------------------

Clyne------Skrtel----------Sakho-----Moreno

---------------------Lucas----------------------

------------Milner------------Can---------------

---------------------Firmino---------------------

------------Benteke---------Ings---------------

My prediction:

Clyne------Skrtel----------Lovren-----Gomez

-----------Firmino----------Lallana-------------

--------------------Benteke---------------------

• Upvote 2

If I was in charge:

Clyne------Skrtel----------Sakho-----Moreno

---------------------Firmino---------------------

------------Benteke---------Ings---------------

My prediction:

Clyne------Skrtel----------Lovren-----Gomez

-----------Firmino----------Lallana-------------

--------------------Benteke---------------------

think it ll be

mignolet

clyne

skrtel

lovren

gomez

lucas

can

milner

ings

firmino

benteke

• Upvote 1

I think this will be a repeat of last season. United being completely shite but still managing to stick 3 or 4 past us. And this time we don't even have Sterling to cause them any problems like we did last season. And no Coutinho or Henderson. I really used to look forward to this fixture, we've had some epic wins and performances away to the mancs but this one I just want to get it over with and on to the next game.

Sad but true.

I wish we were good.

I really do.  It would be the perfect game to curb-stomp them.  They are struggling badly, after another summer of huge spending, and really aren't very good.  Rumours of mutiny, new players failing to bed in, etc.  If we went in there and beat them 0-2 or 0-3 the whole narrative of their season would change.  It would start to snowball in a big hurry and you could possibly see the dissent among their players become open and van Gaal getting his marching orders before the end of the season.

The problem is that though they're there for the taking, we're probably even poorer than they are, just like last season.  Instead of exploiting their current situation, we're going to be the perfect tonic for it - if/when they win, the media will seize upon de Gea as their saviour and it'll be seen as a "turnaround match" and the like.

It really is just such a crucial match.  Whoever wins has 10 points from 5 games, and starts to look good for fourth after a brief early wobble.  Whoever loses has 7 points from 5 games and is on a 2-game losing streak, and the media will be starting to talk about the manager coming under pressure.  It's just such a shame that we're much more likely to be in the latter position at the end of it than the former.

• Upvote 1

when we got bummed 3 nil by them last season we were marginally the better side that day too. The problem being that Sterling hits the ball like a fanny and they had Brad fuckin Jones doing his best to help them.

Yep. It was also 3 times he did it as well. 

when we got bummed 3 nil by them last season we were marginally the better side that day too. The problem being that Sterling hits the ball like a fanny and they had Brad fuckin Jones doing his best to help them.

Ah Brad Jones, what another genius Rodgers decision that was - quite possibly the worst goalkeeper in Liverpool history. 

• Upvote 2

The Brad Jones business was strange. Mignolet loses his spot, Jones steps in and not long into his first game walks off the pitch injured, no one from the medical staff went on, disappears and never plays again. Never saw a goalkeeper just walk off like that. Whole thing looked like a set-up.

Worst performance ever from a goalkeeper. Dives the wrong way for a shot from the 18 yard line, lets the ball bounce in the 6 yard box for the second, when nothing was stopping him coming out to collect it. His positioning for the third is the worst i've ever seen from a keeper, he's 6 yards off his goal line for no reason and he covers non of the goal.

If we had a world class keeper that game would of ended 0-0.

Worst performance ever from a goalkeeper. Dives the wrong way for a shot from the 18 yard line, lets the ball bounce in the 6 yard box for the second, when nothing was stopping him coming out to collect it. His positioning for the third is the worst i've ever seen from a keeper, he's 6 yards off his goal line for no reason and he covers non of the goal.

2nd goal wasn't his fault, but yea he was shit

That is a horror seeing that, mad all over again.