You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favorite Thread in Which to Slam Rodgers

TheHowieLama

Favorite Thread in Which to Slam Rodgers  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which is it?

• Backing the manager
    • What's going on with Sakho?
    • For a manager who always favours 4-3-3 at start of a season
    • Where are we all now with Brendan?
    • Does Rodgers deserve another season.
    • Match Thread - Pick one
    • Cheese - how amazing is it?

At the end of last year I had planned to do my slamming in the "arguing about former managers forum".  However Mike Gordon decided otherwise. 

I honestly hope he will be successful this season though I doubt he will, I would imagine most slamming will take place in the match threads. 

• Upvote 1

I have no particular favourites. Although I have to admit, a home smashing to tin pot 11 really does get the juices flowing so I imagine this year I'll do most of my business in the match thread complemented by a smattering of vitriol in the standard Rodgers out thread.

• Upvote 2

Does anyone actually take much notice of what comes out of the club these days? From where I'm standing it's all a load of bollocks. Same goes for 99% of things I read about Football in the media.

Win Football matches & people will be happy, don't win them & people will be pissed off, regardless of whatever propaganda is coming out.

If you're looking for ready brek type rosy glows i'm not sure Premier League football is the "product" for you.

Unless, perhaps, you're a Palace fan.

In which case, you'd probably be rather chuffed with life at the minute.

Good manager, who happens to be an old boy,owner is a fan, well built team with players knowing what is expected of them.

Feel good literally dripping from every orifice.

None of which currently applies to the club i have followed since 1974.

Oh yeah and they signed Cabaye for a song.

A player better than anyone we signed for a fuck load more money.

LFC the alcoholic, obese, lottery winner of the PL.

If you're looking for ready brek type rosy glows i'm not sure Premier League football is the "product" for you.

Unless, perhaps, you're a Palace fan.

In which case, you'd probably be rather chuffed with life at the minute.

Good manager, who happens to be an old boy,owner is a fan, well built team with players knowing what is expected of them.

Feel good literally dripping from every orifice.

None of which currently applies to the club i have followed since 1974.

Oh yeah and they signed Cabaye for a song.

A player better than anyone we signed for a fuck load more money.

LFC the alcoholic, obese, lottery winner of the PL.

If it's feel good or feel bad, I find the propaganda tedious. I maybe didn't make that very clear in my post.

You're right about the 'product' though, which is a load of bollocks and certainly not for me.

• Upvote 1

I think it's just me, I find all the Rodgers vs Owners vs Committee & all their press mouthpieces incredibly tedious.

Just do the fucking job you're paid to do & get the team winning instead of having your petty little squabbles in the paper.

True. The squabbles between factions mean nothing when people are turning their backs and exiting the ground en masse because the stuff on the pitch is rubbish. I have horrible memories of Utd at home last season and at Wembley against Villa. Horrible.

• Upvote 1