You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favorite Thread in Which to Slam Rodgers

TheHowieLama

Favorite Thread in Which to Slam Rodgers  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which is it?

• Backing the manager
    • What's going on with Sakho?
    • For a manager who always favours 4-3-3 at start of a season
    • Where are we all now with Brendan?
    • Does Rodgers deserve another season.
    • Match Thread - Pick one
    • Cheese - how amazing is it?

he's not getting sacked any time soon, no matter what the results.  If we get beat in our next 4 games, he'll still be in charge.  The owners are not going to want to look that stupid.  

They already look stupid...... They just dont realise how stupid they've been.

Anyway Rodgers will probably be safe until the matchday crowd start to turn on him.....

They already look stupid...... They just dont realise how stupid they've been.

Anyway Rodgers will probably be safe until the matchday crowd start to turn on him.....

They have been stupid by almost every measure except the important one for them.  They know their credibility in the wider business community would take a sharp dent if they sacked the guy the've just reinvested in before he's had a chance to leverage that investment.  

The earliest he'll go is December imo.  

They have been stupid by almost every measure except the important one for them.  They know their credibility in the wider business community would take a sharp dent if they sacked the guy the've just reinvested in before he's had a chance to leverage that investment.  

The earliest he'll go is December imo.  

I think they may have an out. They could say they trusted the manager, gave him everything he asked for (point to the money), gave him all the chances a young manager could possibly ask for (point to Lovren) but the differences the manager had with the committee were irreparable (still pointing at Lovren). Gordon takes a slap on the wrist for not doing the review properly. FSG get a top top top manager. They then sack the committee and get in the Sporting Director they always wanted. All of this while announcing a new naming rights partnership. The owners look like they saved the day and Bascombe writes the nice words in a full colour double-spread exclusive.

• Upvote 2

I think they may have an out. They could say they trusted the manager, gave him everything he asked for (point to the money), gave him all the chances a young manager could possibly ask for (point to Lovren) but the differences the manager had with the committee were irreparable (still pointing at Lovren). Gordon takes a slap on the wrist for not doing the review properly. FSG get a top top top manager. They then sack the committee and get in the Sporting Director they always wanted. All of this while announcing a new naming rights partnership. The owners look like they saved the day and Bascombe writes the nice words in a full colour double-spread exclusive.

Does anyone actually take much notice of what comes out of the club these days? From where I'm standing it's all a load of bollocks. Same goes for 99% of things I read about Football in the media.

Win Football matches & people will be happy, don't win them & people will be pissed off, regardless of whatever propaganda is coming out.

I'm still waiting for the passive-aggressive manager out thread.

I think this is it.

Does anyone actually take much notice of what comes out of the club these days? From where I'm standing it's all a load of bollocks. Same goes for 99% of things I read about Football in the media.

Win Football matches & people will be happy, don't win them & people will be pissed off, regardless of whatever propaganda is coming out.

People love narratives. And wins. Winning narratives? I don't know. It just helps me understand why people do what they do, especially when actions make absolutely no sense whatsoever, or, when it appears the kit man is held accountable when something fails.

What's the plan to win? A Coutinho screamer away from a 1-0? Is that us through the rest of the season? Can't be happy with that as I don't think that's a sustainable plan of action.

People love narratives. And wins. Winning narratives? I don't know. It just helps me understand why people do what they do, especially when actions make absolutely no sense whatsoever, or, when it appears the kit man is held accountable when something fails.

What's the plan to win? A Coutinho screamer away from a 1-0? Is that us through the rest of the season? Can't be happy with that as I don't think that's a sustainable plan of action.

I think it's just me, I find all the Rodgers vs Owners vs Committee & all their press mouthpieces incredibly tedious.

Just do the fucking job you're paid to do & get the team winning instead of having your petty little squabbles in the paper.

The plan is to get the players fit, get them to gel on the pitch and get results.The season we finished second our start was very similar, we picked up results playing defensive early on but after a couple of months when the players got confident we performed.It's too early to judge things either way.

The plan is to get the players fit, get them to gel on the pitch and get results.The season we finished second our start was very similar, we picked up results playing defensive early on but after a couple of months when the players got confident we performed.It's too early to judge things either way.

He's

won

nothing

We haven't got a Suarez up the sleeve.