You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where are we all now with Brendan?

Paco

Where are we now with Brendan?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. should we sack Brendan now?

• yes, sack him now
    • Don't be ridiculous

I remain optimistic that this will be a good season.

19 points from the next 9 games will take us up beyond the city game and our difficult start will be over.

Straight in to Swansea at home, there are no easy games under this man. They are all difficult games. 52 years since West Ham at Anfield was a difficult game. 

We lost three nil to west ham at home, that's the issue

it's not the first loss or even the tenth that's humiliating in its nature against teams we should beat.By humiliating I'm not just talking about losing but being a shambles all over the field, with no fight or guile either.

We've scored two goals in four league games and you could argue one of them shouldn't have stood.

As I've said before he is an average poker player dealt a cracking hand with suarez and Sturridge.But the next cards haven't been as good to him and now he's floundering.

how did the arse go on at home to whu??? think before you speak...

Rodgers has never said that, you must be thinking about when he said the playoff final will always be the most important final of his career even if he went on to a cl final.The playoff final was key in his career as it allowed him to go on to bigger things, without that he wouldn't have got the chance to manage a top club when he did.

He said the Swansea play off final will always be the biggest game for him, bigger than any game that wins us the title or the champions league final. That to me just shows how little he values us and also how lacking in ambition as a manager he is.

It's not a case of 'if' he gets sacked it's a case of 'when'. Hopefully he gets sacked before he really does some serious damage to our reputation as well as our ability to get a good manager in to succeed him. 

Worst case scenario 10th at Christmas or thereabouts with another season written off with both Carlo and Klopp agreeing to manage other clubs. Howe, Monk and Koeman leading the race for our new manager, a Brendan Rodgers Mark 2 recruited and another season after this one written off as transition.

lets wait and see......

Should have gone in the summer. Two dour games settled by a wonder strike from our last remaining quality player and a referee that doesn't know the offside rule don't make up for the other failings- all documented many times, no plan, no pattern of play, players out out of position, better players overlooked for his pets, playing one up top, no solid defensive midfielder, the verbal diarrhoea etc.

I don't want to call him names- he's always stuck up for the club- but he's not good enough so shouldn't be here. And I'm fed up hearing about lots of new signings and giving them time to gel- there were only lots of new signings because the lot he bought last time were so bad or he got so little out of them! It was the same story last year.

I think a better manager would get more out of the current squad, mediocre as they are.

We'll be treading water with Rodgers until FSG get as far as they want with Anfield's redevelopment and we're flogged off.

I really don't understand opinions like this. It sounds like you think that part of their masterplan is to deliberately make the team shit so they can then sell us? Or are you suggesting that theyre sticking with rodgers cos hes cheap? How would sacking rodgers and replacing him with klopp prevent them from selling us when the stadium is finished?

Should have gone in the summer. Two dour games settled by a wonder strike from our last remaining quality player and a referee that doesn't know the offside rule don't make up for the other failings- all documented many times, no plan, no pattern of play, players out out of position, better players overlooked for his pets, playing one up top, no solid defensive midfielder, the verbal diarrhoea etc.

I don't want to call him names- he's always stuck up for the club- but he's not good enough so shouldn't be here. And I'm fed up hearing about lots of new signings and giving them time to gel- there were only lots of new signings because the lot he bought last time were so bad or he got so little out of them! It was the same story last year.

I think a better manager would get more out of the current squad, mediocre as they are.

Yep. In schools it is said that if one or two teachers get poor results then it is their fault; if most teachers get poor results then it is the head's fault - we have too many players that are inconsistent, or consistently poor, and Rodgers has to take responsibility for that.

I can accept paying over the odds for a player if that player then delivers on the pitch, but with too many expensive players we simply haven't seen performances that justify the price. Are these players one season wonders or is the manager failing to get the best from them?

If there is a better manager available, which I accept is a difficult judgement to make, then I have no problem with Rodgers going. I believe Klopp is a better manager and he will be available.

My judgement is clouded by the fact that I just don't like Rodgers. I have liked previous managers despite their failings (OK, not Hodgson) but it has reached the point with Rodgers where I cannot bear to watch post match interviews regardless of results.

I really don't understand opinions like this. It sounds like you think that part of their masterplan is to deliberately make the team shit so they can then sell us? Or are you suggesting that theyre sticking with rodgers cos hes cheap? How would sacking rodgers and replacing him with klopp prevent them from selling us when the stadium is finished?

Klopp, presumably, as a manager with far more pedigree than Rodgers, would demand far more of the owners. Getting the job wouldn't be his greatest ever footballing achievement. Rodgers knows that his next job will be at a mid table Premier League club (yeah, yeah, very funny), and FSG know that as well.

• Upvote 2

Not make us shit but like I said treading water. Being good enough to hover around or just below the champions league places seems good enough to them. And why spunk a load of money on paying off a manager and his new back-room staf

Klopp, presumably, as a manager with far more pedigree than Rodgers, would demand far more of the owners. Getting the job wouldn't be his greatest ever footballing achievement. Rodgers knows that his next job will be at a mid table Premier League club (yeah, yeah, very funny), and FSG know that as well.

Yeah Jairzinho pretty much answered that.
  • Upvote 1

For me the key thing is that Klopp would attract much better players. 

It would be a major show of intent to get back to the very top if we hired him.

• Upvote 1

Not make us shit but like I said treading water. Being good enough to hover around or just below the champions league places seems good enough to them. And why spunk a load of money on paying off a manager and his new back-room staf

Yeah Jairzinho pretty much answered that.

They just sacked all his staff. Why not just keep hodgson or kenny? They spent fortunes paying them off.

Brendan has spent fortunes on players. Klopp has never had a transfer or wage budget so big.

They just sacked all his staff. Why not just keep hodgson or kenny? They spent fortunes paying them off.

Sorry that first paragraph was supposed to have been binned and my reply was supposed to just be the Jairzinho quote.

Oh and I would answer your question but you and I would be the only ones who would understand it... and that includes your teacher.

• Upvote 1

We are rudderless in every sense. The owners, the manager and the players. But all of them will profit handsomely through failure, and the paying supporters are the ones picking up the tab. They're also the only ones who give much of a fuck, it would appear.

Fantastic.
  • Upvote 1