You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where are we all now with Brendan?

Paco

Where are we now with Brendan?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. should we sack Brendan now?

• yes, sack him now
    • Don't be ridiculous

Chelsea made Crystal Palace look like they are ready for Europe

True. And if that were the trend for Chelsea, would you say they have poor players, or that the manager is at fault?

My point is that in our case it's the manager who's making the players look poor, and to base a view about the quality of a player on how they've fared in this disjointed side is to base it on very little.

We have no idea what quality our players are, just that they're better than the performances the manager is getting out of them.

I want you to get this fuck where he breathes! I want you to find this nancy-boy Brendan Rodgers, I want him DEAD! I want his family DEAD! I want his house burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna PISS ON HIS ASHES!

Has Susan hacked your account Dr Troy?

Other teams get results against us because we are not that good. Collectively the team may be better than we are showing now but not 20 points better.

You seem to be getting close to saying that it doesn't matter who is the manager now, we won't be successful?

I agree that with FSG/Ayre in charge, and our abject failure with the timid stadium project ( and the consequent loss of potential revenue), there is a limit to what anyone can do.

But I do not accept that our post Rafa Euro showings have reflected what we could achieve, nor do I think our transfer dealings have reflected the money spent.

'Judge me after 3 years' 

'If you spend more than £100 million, you expect to be challenging for the league'

The only reason he is still here if that he is a media darling which suits FSG who has no ambitions. I fear that if we sack BR, we will get version 2 of him anyways with the current owners.

That being said, I want BR gone as I see no direction with him.

You seem to be getting close to saying that it doesn't matter who is the manager now, we won't be successful?

I agree that with FSG/Ayre in charge, and our abject failure with the timid stadium project ( and the consequent loss of potential revenue), there is a limit to what anyone can do.

But I do not accept that our post Rafa Euro showings have reflected what we could achieve, nor do I think our transfer dealings have reflected the money spent.

Well I think I am suggesting that it may be clutching at straws to think that just changing the manager is going to do the trick. 

Part in bold agree - any logical person would. The stadium thing is your own personal vuvuzuela - revenue is not the pressing issue here and now.

Post Rafa we have only had one showing in Europe - and it was poor, but certainly not out of character for this squad. If anything it was defining. So I don't think we should have achieved more. Could have - of course.

We are shit at transfers and I think it is silly to suggest that is down to Rodgers or the committee or even FSG - it has been that way for dog's years.

Of course it would be ridiculous; you don't give someone a boat load of money to spend over the summer and then sack them after one defeat. The time to sack him was immediately after that Stoke game at the end of last season. Guess we fucked it up again.

That's the problem because he's spent money I'd give him time to see if it works but i personally wouldn't find it ridiculous if he was sacked because I do think he's a bit shit. May aswell give him a bit and see if he can prove doubters like me wrong. Like other have said though I'd certainly be sounding out other managers.

Well I think I am suggesting that it may be clutching at straws to think that just changing the manager is going to do the trick. 

Part in bold agree - any logical person would. The stadium thing is your own personal vuvuzuela - revenue is not the pressing issue here and now.

Post Rafa we have only had one showing in Europe - and it was poor, but certainly not out of character for this squad. If anything it was defining. So I don't think we should have achieved more. Could have - of course.

We are shit at transfers and I think it is silly to suggest that is down to Rodgers or the committee or even FSG - it has been that way for dog's years.

I accept that a change of manager alone is no silver bullet. I don’t accept that another manager, with the same cash backing, could not do better in Europe, and a little better in the league.

I don’t accept that revenue from a bigger stadium is not a pressing issue. Neither do Chelsea, Spurs , Man City and West Ham who are all addressing it.

Surely Brendan has led two Euro campaigns? The first courtesy of KK’s LC win. ( Although it is easy to forget)

My own view is that under Brendan we have had two EL tilts, the second resulting from an early CL exit, (what a surprise). We have been the richest club in the competition, as we are this time around, but have massively underperformed.

• Upvote 1

I accept that a change of manager alone is no silver bullet. I don’t accept that another manager, with the same cash backing, could not do better in Europe, and a little better in the league.

I don’t accept that revenue from a bigger stadium is not a pressing issue. Neither do Chelsea, Spurs , Man City and West Ham who are all addressing it.

Surely Brendan has led two Euro campaigns? The first courtesy of KK’s LC win. ( Although it is easy to forget)

My own view is that under Brendan we have had two EL tilts, the second resulting from an early CL exit, (what a surprise). We have been the richest club in the competition, as we are this time around, but have massively underperformed.

Bold - had forgot that tbh, CL minded.

As for the other European tournament - I don't think that teams in the middle of the pack in England (read Uefa Cup teams) set up real well for it tbh. The collective record speaks for itself.

I still like Rodgers and want him to succeed and I'm not going to go into panic stations after one shit result but I do have plenty of concerns that others have brought up countless times already. I think he deserved another season despite last season's disappointments but I won't be as forgiving this season and it wont take long for me to turn if we're in for more of Saturday's shit shower.

One thing I don't like seeing is people called him a cunt and all this nonsense. Whatever you think of him personally and tactically, the bloke has always spoke well of the club and its fans. I see people saying things are getting to/are worse than under Woy which is madness. Woy wasn't just tactically inept, he insulted the club, fans and players on a weekly basis. By all means call him every name under the sun, but Rodgers has got someway to go before he deserves the same treatment.

Also, did we really need another thread to slag off the manager?

• Upvote 6

You are absolutely right, sacking Brendan after giving him a boat load of money to spend over the summer, after we have lost one game this season is ridiculous. And yet here we are. Guess someone owes Pascoe and Marsh an apology.

Poor pascoe and marsh, who nobody wanted here and everyone thought were shit anyway.

Edit: and should've been sacked anyway, along with the manager.

And has anyone changed their mind about him since last season?

What about the season before that?

All thats changed is that loads more people can now see that he's clueless and doesn't learn.

Doesn't buy the right players to fit a system, because he has no system.

Refuses to play 2 up front, refuses to buy some sort of element of control for the middle of the pitch, instead expecting pale young waifs like Lallana and Allen to do it. Buying players with no apparent clue how they will contribute, signing too many players of one ilk etc etc etc.

I read that he's lost both parents in quick succession recently, its hard to lay in to someone on a personal basis, when they've been going through that sort of shit.

However i'm fairly sure events will take care of themselves,without some southern no mark like me digging in any harder, and that he will be gone fairly soon.

At least career wise, he's having all the luck in the world right now.

I want him gone. He just seems clueless now and his decisions are baffling and our football has been awful. And the amount of money he pisses away is staggering. I was always convinced that we were massively overpaying for Benteke and nothing he's done since being at the club (albeit only 3 games) has changed my mind. And it wouldn't at all surprise me if Firminio turns out to be a flop. This, on top of the crazy money we spent on the likes of Lovren, Lallana, Markovic etc the previous season just goes to show how bad he is at spotting players. I would have fired him at the end of last season. Some of the worst performances ever seen by Liverpool were witnessed last season and ultimately the manager is to blame.

It's not a case of 'if' he gets sacked it's a case of 'when'. Hopefully he gets sacked before he really does some serious damage to our reputation as well as our ability to get a good manager in to succeed him. 

Worst case scenario 10th at Christmas or thereabouts with another season written off with both Carlo and Klopp agreeing to manage other clubs. Howe, Monk and Koeman leading the race for our new manager, a Brendan Rodgers Mark 2 recruited and another season after this one written off as transition.