You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where are we all now with Brendan?

Paco

Where are we now with Brendan?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. should we sack Brendan now?

• yes, sack him now
    • Don't be ridiculous

Did United elevate Swansea players last week? Will Shaqri's quality at Stoke be elevated? There is real quality throughout the league now.

Other teams get results against us because we are not that good. Collectively the team may be better than we are showing now but not 20 points better.

That's why we need a better manager Howie. We're down to surviving on our wits against yard dogs like Pulis and Hughes. We are coming up short. We don't even have the fight now, let alone the Suarez's et al anymore.

A bloke that takes 11 lots of 1 and makes 20 is needed.

Rodgers is nowhere near that man.

• Upvote 1

Agree with that. There should be a moat built around the terms applicable to Hodgson, that aren't used for other incumbent Liverpool managers.

Thats fair comment.

Theres no need for the overtly personal.

The professional dismantling will take of itself.

Dont like him much though..

He should have got bin bagged at the end of last season.

We are wasting time with him with every day that passes and he hasn't been sacked.

There are proven world class managers available who we could actually get....this situation may not arise again any time soon.

If we had owners who had a clue we would get rid of Rodgers and get one of those managers in.

He has spent a fortune, had time and we have a squad that lacks quality, winners, depth and is unbalanced - he has failed and is failing.

• Upvote 2

We've got another thread on pretty much this exact topic, in which I posted the following:

I think Rodgers' ego is now such that he fails to realise or chooses to ignore the fact that his preferred method of playing and setting up a team does little to provide defensive solidity and stability or enough potency and creativity in attack. His best results have come when he's had to go against his own philosophy and that has been evident in each of his previous 3 seasons here, and it's looking to be the case again this season. Our best spell of attacking potency came when we sacrificed domination of possession in favour of intense pressing high up the pitch and lightning-quick attacking play after winning the ball. Our best period of defensive solidity came at the expense of dominating possession and pressing the play, instead looking to stifle the opponents and nick a goal or two at the other end. If all the time, money and hard work is being invested in a philosophy that is producing the least effective results and consistency, then you have to conclude that the philosophy is not right. That's a polite way of saying that the 180-page philosophy dossier is a load of bollocks.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/topic/101892-does-rodgers-deserve-another-season/?p=4254012

• Upvote 1

The owners obviously made a decision to back him in the Summer.  I'm not convinced that losing to West Ham is reason enough to rip it up and start again with a new manager, new players, new coaching staff, etc.

What is this - The Newcastle Way?

I agree he shouldn't be sacked because of West Ham but taking everything into account, his whole tenure and everything he's promised and failed to deliver then yeah, he's living on borrowed time and should of been sacked a while ago.

• Upvote 1

It's not a case of 'if' he gets sacked it's a case of 'when'. Hopefully he gets sacked before he really does some serious damage to our reputation as well as our ability to get a good manager in to succeed him.

Worst case scenario 10th at Christmas or thereabouts with another season written off with both Carlo and Klopp agreeing to manage other clubs. Howe, Monk and Koeman leading the race for our new manager, a Brendan Rodgers Mark 2 recruited and another season after this one written off as transition.

He won't be sacked in three games. I don't believe that's the way FSG as American franchise owners work. Short of the wheels seriously coming off, the supporters turning and us knocking around the relegation zone he'll get the season. He's their pet project so he'll get more leeway than Kenny did.

The owners will want to go through a managed process off-season; meetings, evaluation against agreed targets and if they get rid of him probably another interview process. 

After three years as supporters I think you've seen pretty much what every manager has to offer. There's a lingering hope that he'll rekindle the spirit of the second half of the season before last for some. Personally I suspect we're in for a repeat of last season with a manager too flawed to be organise a back four or get a team to play to the sum of it's parts.

Shame as I believe Arsenal and the mancs have screwed up their respective transfer windows and are nothing to be frightened of.

• Upvote 1

The owners obviously made a decision to back him in the Summer. I'm not convinced that losing to West Ham is reason enough to rip it up and start again with a new manager, new players, new coaching staff, etc.

What is this - The Newcastle Way?

Well we are almost at that point at the start of each season anyway.

New players by the bomb load every season to correct the misspend of the previous one or loss of our best players. Bedding in players all over.

New coaches this season as they took the fall for last seasons debacle.

The manager does not have a methodology of sorts and seems to just be trying different approaches each season hoping to hit on something so there is no continuity/coherent plan that we are working with/to.

It is this lack of a clear direction, seemingly constant state of transition and change that is a big reason why it isn't working.

• Upvote 3

He should have got bin bagged at the end of last season.

We are wasting time with him with every day that passes and he hasn't been sacked.

There are proven world class managers available who we could actually get....this situation may not arise again any time soon.

If we had owners who had a clue we would get rid of Rodgers and get one of those managers in.

He has spent a fortune, had time and we have a squad that lacks quality, winners, depth and is unbalanced - he has failed and is failing.

X2

Well we are almost at that point at the start of each season anyway.

New players by the bomb load every season to correct the misspend of the previous one or loss of our best players. Bedding in players all over.

New coaches this season as they took the fall for last seasons debacle.

The manager does not have a methodology of sorts and seems to just be trying different approaches each season hoping to hit on something so there is no continuity/coherent plan that we are working with/to.

It is this lack of a clear direction, seemingly constant state of transition and change that is a big reason why it isn't working.

It is how I would run the club if someone was daft enough to employ me. 

Guest Super Sub

I think we need Pennant to start a thread showing us Rodgers the family man. He seems to be portrayed as a hopeless mother fucker by some. I don't personally think this is a true portrait of the man to be fair.

I agree he shouldn't be sacked because of West Ham but taking everything into account, his whole tenure and everything he's promised and failed to deliver then yeah, he's living on borrowed time and should of been sacked a while ago.

But if we had beaten West Ham, we'd be looking at a 10/12 points start to the season - and the pitchforks would still be in the barn - so people denying that this is a hysterical, pissy, knee-jerk reaction doesn't cut it with me.

• Upvote 1

We lost three nil to west ham at home, that's the issue

it's not the first loss or even the tenth that's humiliating in its nature against teams we should beat.By humiliating I'm not just talking about losing but being a shambles all over the field, with no fight or guile either.

We've scored two goals in four league games and you could argue one of them shouldn't have stood.

As I've said before he is an average poker player dealt a cracking hand with suarez and Sturridge.But the next cards haven't been as good to him and now he's floundering.

• Upvote 1

I remain optimistic that this will be a good season.

19 points from the next 9 games will take us up beyond the city game and our difficult start will be over.

26 points from a run of fixtures that includes arsenal united everton spurs chelsea and city away will be a fantastic return and then hopefully we can maintain that 2 points per game level throughout the season. Not easy but its a gauge for getting top 4.

On the flipside if we end up with 8 points or something from these games then the pressure will be huge to replace him.

Hopefully we start to see more of the first half performance against arsenal and less of the west ham dross that was served up.

West Ham has clearly been a watershed because im genuinely shocked to see 80% in favour of sacking him now. The tide has turned and Rodgers is quickly running out of time to save himself. Big 2 months coming up.

• Upvote 1

But if we had beaten West Ham, we'd be looking at a 10/12 points start to the season - and the pitchforks would still be in the barn - so people denying that this is a hysterical, pissy, knee-jerk reaction doesn't cut it with me.

My pitchfork wouldn't. I don't like the man, he's played the fans for fools. I don't want a Liverpool manager that says things like getting promoted with Swansea will always be a greater achievement than winning things with us. Thats not a Liverpool manager as far as i'm concerned.

• Upvote 2

My pitchfork wouldn't. I don't like the man, he's played the fans for fools. I don't want a Liverpool manager that says things like getting promoted with Swansea will always be a greater achievement than winning things with us. Thats not a Liverpool manager as far as i'm concerned.

Rodgers has never said that, you must be thinking about when he said the playoff final will always be the most important final of his career even if he went on to a cl final.The playoff final was key in his career as it allowed him to go on to bigger things, without that he wouldn't have got the chance to manage a top club when he did.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1