You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harry Redknapp

Pureblood

I was surprised like most we got Klopp. I don't think for one minute Ancellotti wanted it.

Redknapp obviously knows the game but I think the old Alzheimer's might be knocking at the door, either that or he is being sensationalist occasionally for a few bob from journos . Surely not knowing Harry is honest as the day is long. Jamie must shit himself every morning going to the mirror. One morning he'll be looking back at Droopy. And I don't mean his cock...James Corden.

Those people who told you 'all about the British press', Jurgen? As the media's lubbly-jubbly relationship with this ghastly man shows, they weren't liars (although I doff my cap to F365 for having the wit to call out Redknapp's horseshit).

All scooped by a local Bosnian newspaper.

I was surprised like most we got Klopp. I don't think for one minute Ancellotti wanted it.

Redknapp obviously knows the game but I think the old Alzheimer's might be knocking at the door, either that or he is being sensationalist occasionally for a few bob from journos . Surely not knowing Harry is honest as the day is long. Jamie must shit himself every morning going to the mirror. One morning he'll be looking back at Droopy. And I don't mean his cock...James Corden.

Yeah no point getting too worked up, he's just doing apiece for a few lost and founds.

Watching motd with a yank the other week and he couldn't believe how every manager had a foreign accent. He had a point, it is a bit redick, but then you read an interview with hound dog face/ fat Sam/ useless/ tactics , and it becomes obvious why we are shit in international tournaments, and even why the rest of the world regards us as island monkeys.

Edit- read Kane say Spurs will 'run about more' than Liverpool on Saturday. It's total bulldog moron thinking. Run smart not long.

Anyone else think he may have asked his agent to sound us out, his agent was told "don't be fucking daft, we've already got someone" and his agent went back to him saying "looks like they've got Ancelotti lined up, soz mate". Might explain why the flabby faced fuck seems set on trying to discredit the signing of Klopp.

Anyone else think he may have asked his agent to sound us out, his agent was told "don't be fucking daft, we've already got someone" and his agent went back to him saying "looks like they've got Ancelotti lined up, soz mate". Might explain why the flabby faced fuck seems set on trying to discredit the signing of Klopp.

Putting Redknappi in charge at Liverpool would be akin to giving Pete Doherty the keys to Boots.

• Upvote 3

Ancellotti come out and said he never spoke to us. Harry's source could be the sauce.

The 56-year-old was heavily linked to the recent vacancy at Anfield after Brendan Rodgers was dismissed, before Jurgen Klopp was appointed last week.

However, the Coach revealed that he was never close to joining the Premier League side.

"With Liverpool, there was no contact," Ancelotti told Goal.com.

"When a job becomes available, they always use the names of the Coaches currently without a team, so, my name was thrown out there.

"But I never had any direct contact with the directors of Liverpool.

I always thought never had direct contact is like I never had sexual relations with that woman.

I'm sure we sounded him out but maybe Klopp jumped and Ancelotti dithered.

We got an excellent manager that's all that matters.

Tony B was apparently saying Klopp was our first choice at the point we binned Rodgers so that is good enough for me. You're right about that direct contact quote meaning nowt though.

The direct contract thing is relatively meaningless, as it leaves lots of room for contact via intermediaries. Direct contact comes later down the line, when things are well on the way to being completed. 

In this instance my best guess is we contacted representatives of both Klopp and Ancelotti. Klopp was probably chomping at the bit to get back in the game after a four month break, and from the sounds of it, he has always had a soft spot for us, so he was made up with the approach and it all progressed quickly. 

Ancelotti was probably pleased by the contact, but maybe he really did need/want a longer break after back surgery. Maybe he also has another iron or two in the fire for jobs that will probably come up at the end of the season. He would probably have entertained a longer conversation but we needed to act, and with Klopp's availability and willingness to get to work, it was a simple decision for us. 

I'm glad we got Klopp, but also have a soft spot for Ancelotti, who is a gentleman and clearly cut from a different cloth to the likes of Redknapp. The latter seems to be offering soundbites and interviews in an effort to remain relevant in the game, when it is quite possible he won't get another job in management now. 

• Upvote 1