You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harry Redknapp

Pureblood

Wouldn't really have made much difference.

No it wouldn't. I don't understand why there is a hypothetical discussion about what Harry fucking Redknapp may have brought to the Liverpool party. It would have just been another embarrassing chapter in the story of our recent history 

He was an excellent manager at Spurs. I remember the day they sacked him, I was in the car listening to talksport and they asked Graham Taylor who is the best man for the job now they have sacked Redknapp. His answer was 'Harry Redknapp'. Hard to argue with him at all. Like fuck is he ever a Liverpool manager but he isn't a mug. 

Harry Redknapp was a good manager. He should have been the England manager for the past decade but his face didn't fit. While they've been employing frauds just after a big pay day or English managers who have been nowhere near good enough he would have taken the side a lot further than it's gone.

He loved Gerrard and he spoke about how he couldn't understand why England hadn't built the side around him. He was a real life Roy of the Rovers, which he was, and England were playing him on the left etc. While the mancs and the southern press were trying to ignore what Gerrard was doing at the time and have since rewritten his career Redknapp was telling it like it was and I'll always lik him for that.

He likes Liverpool as well so I never understand the dislike of him by sections of our fan base.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Harry Redknapp, September 2, Telegraph Total Football Live event: “I don’t fancy Liverpool at all. I think it’s the worst Liverpool team I have seen in years. They look bang average. They are lucky to have any points. Bournemouth should have beaten them, they got a wonder goal at Stoke. Okay, they played all right first-half at Arsenal. I think they will do well to finish in the top five. I am not with Liverpool at all this year.”

Harry Redknapp, October 5, Daily Telegraph: “I don’t think Brendan deserved to go so soon into the season. I think they’ve got a wonderful chance of finishing in the top four this season.”

• Upvote 9

Harry Redknapp, September 2, Telegraph Total Football Live event: “I don’t fancy Liverpool at all. I think it’s the worst Liverpool team I have seen in years. They look bang average. They are lucky to have any points. Bournemouth should have beaten them, they got a wonder goal at Stoke. Okay, they played all right first-half at Arsenal. I think they will do well to finish in the top five. I am not with Liverpool at all this year.”

Harry Redknapp, October 5, Daily Telegraph: “I don’t think Brendan deserved to go so soon into the season. I think they’ve got a wonderful chance of finishing in the top four this season.”

I shouldn't be shocked by such fickleness and hypocrisy, but I am. That is fucking astounding.

What a thick cunt.

Harry Redknapp, September 2, Telegraph Total Football Live event: “I don’t fancy Liverpool at all. I think it’s the worst Liverpool team I have seen in years. They look bang average. They are lucky to have any points. Bournemouth should have beaten them, they got a wonder goal at Stoke. Okay, they played all right first-half at Arsenal. I think they will do well to finish in the top five. I am not with Liverpool at all this year.”

Harry Redknapp, October 5, Daily Telegraph: “I don’t think Brendan deserved to go so soon into the season. I think they’ve got a wonderful chance of finishing in the top four this season.”

Was the deluded cunt expecting a call or what ?

Sounds like he thinks he's been jibbed off at the altar

• Upvote 1

Not sure how anyone can categorically declare Redknapp a better manager than Rodgers. His Spurs team that finished 4th (his best achievement there) was solid and unspectacular, but laid the foundations for an outrageous talent (Bale) to pretty much carry them in an attacking sense. Rodgers did similar with us, but got a lot closer to the league.

He did well enough with Portsmouth and West Ham in terms of keeping them in the top flight longer than they would have expected (and winning one Cup with one of them) but by the end of his career I'm willing to bet Rodgers will have done the same without bankrupting the clubs and swerving the taxman in the process...

• Upvote 2

“Every year they (Sunderland) seem to be in the same position. They’ve not recruited very well, they’ve not bought good players in. I saw them at Bournemouth the other day and they were an absolute disaster. Bournemouth wiped the floor with them. They were horrendous.

“They wait till the next manager comes in and bring some more c**p players in. It’s a good club but whoever takes it has got a tough job on his hands. They are poor at the back, the centre-halves are not good enough, they are short up front. They are short everywhere” – Harry Redknapp, October 6.

“When you look at their squad, they have players who have been in trouble before and got out of it. They have got Steven Fletcher, Fabio Borini and Jermain Defoe up front and that can make a big difference. The newly promoted teams do not have squads like that” – Harry Redknapp, October 13.

“Every year they (Sunderland) seem to be in the same position. They’ve not recruited very well, they’ve not bought good players in. I saw them at Bournemouth the other day and they were an absolute disaster. Bournemouth wiped the floor with them. They were horrendous.

“They wait till the next manager comes in and bring some more c**p players in. It’s a good club but whoever takes it has got a tough job on his hands. They are poor at the back, the centre-halves are not good enough, they are short up front. They are short everywhere” – Harry Redknapp, October 6.

“When you look at their squad, they have players who have been in trouble before and got out of it. They have got Steven Fletcher, Fabio Borini and Jermain Defoe up front and that can make a big difference. The newly promoted teams do not have squads like that” – Harry Redknapp, October 13.

Redknapp in "making it up as he goes along" shocker

So he knew through contacts that Ancellotti was offered the job before Klopp, although Klopp was always first choice. His contact was " Big Jan " down the fish market who sells Mourinho KippersI believe.

Before we got Klopp he was waffling his Cockney bollocks about him being better proving himself at a smaller club, in trouble , with little money. Sunderland ? So taking over a nearly bankrupt and relegation battling Dortmund and making them champions and CL finalists isn't proving yourself.

His only success was earned spending millions Portsmouth never had the shady fucker.

Must kill the sad xenophobe that he never really got a top job. Even Hodge and Rodge managed us. Neither should have but he never ever got a look in. Now fuck off and hang out of your car window you melted faced wide boy. Barra boy cunt.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

When I saw this headline I thought the club had come to its senses and employed some top notch British managerial talent. I reckon he could even have persuaded Scott 'Dunkirk spirit' Parker to come out retirement.[/quote

I could just imagine one of Scott's captain team talks done in his best Ealing comedy accent.

Roight chips ! Weeya in a roight ole pickle this season an make no mistake, but I reckon with a birra British spirit we can beat the drop so we can. So let's all ava nice cuppa tea an get attam !

God save the Queen "

Harry Redknapp is claiming inside knowledge that Carlo Ancelotti was offered the Liverpool job before Jurgen Klopp.

The Italian was heavily linked with the role following Rodgers’ sacking, before Klopp was appointed on a three-year deal last week.

“I have heard from good sources that he [Ancelotti] was offered the Liverpool job,” Redknapp told talkSPORT.

“I don’t think [he wanted it]. They spoke to him at some stage.”

Redknapp’s ‘knowledge’ should be taken with a pinch of salt as he said last week that Sam Allardyce would not be interested in the Sunderland job.

He does claim to be impressed with actual Liverpool manager Klopp, saying: “I do like the look of Klopp, he’s a good appointment.

“He’s looks bright, with great enthusiasm and he looks like he could be a really good addition to the Premier League. I’m looking forward to watching Liverpool play over the next few years.'”

Those people who told you 'all about the British press', Jurgen? As the media's lubbly-jubbly relationship with this ghastly man shows, they weren't liars (although I doff my cap to F365 for having the wit to call out Redknapp's horseshit).