You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

29th August 2015 - Home against West Ham

WhiskeyJar

It's all well and good saying 'Gomez shouldn't play these type of games' and 'We should have played a different formation' but why would you drop someone who is playing well and change a formation that did us well in the game before?

They get an early goal then Lovren acts the spaz and then the sending off, it was just a horror show from start to finish and Rodgers got his subs wrong but don't think we can fault him too much for sticking with something that worked well in the previous match. If he'd changed it and we got beat people would be calling him a cunt for changing things.

It's all well and good saying 'Gomez shouldn't play these type of games' and 'We should have played a different formation' but why would you drop someone who is playing well and change a formation that did us well in the game before?

They get an early goal then Lovren acts the spaz and then the sending off, it was just a horror show from start to finish and Rodgers got his subs wrong but don't think we can fault him too much for sticking with something that worked well in the previous match. If he'd changed it and we got beat people would be calling him a cunt for changing things.

Because it's a different football match against a different opponent?

• Upvote 2

I stuck up for Rodgers in the window saying in his preferred style we dont need a DM. A couple of ground covering central mids can do the job and link the attack.

Milner and Henderson fit that bill and Coutinho Firmino should be out and out attacking players.

So what does Rodgers do. Not by a DM and then play fucking Lucas.

I like Lucas but he is too one dimensional and if Rodgers was going to play a DM he should have bought a fucking decent one.

• Upvote 1

Horror show from start to finish. Rodgers and Lovren got it superbly wrong. Gomez is pointless played in this type game. Bent eek and Milner were poor. To round it off no Coutinho at OT really adds insult to injury.

To be fair to Milner, he was trying to do the work of three men.  He put a real shift in today, I thought he couldn't realistically have done any more.  

Because it's a different football match against a different opponent?

But it was the best we'd looked in ages and on first half chances alone we should have at least 2 goals. Maybe 3. Why would you go from that to bringing in someone like Ings who hasn't even had a kick so far this season and hoping he'd click right away?

Bollocks defending from Srktel and fucking Lovren is what really cost us today. Though Rodgers deserves plenty of stick too for the shit subs

But it was the best we'd looked in ages and on first half chances alone we should have at least 2 goals. Maybe 3. Why would you go from that to bringing in someone like Ings who hasn't even had a kick so far this season?

Bollocks defending from Srktel and fucking Lovren is what really cost us today. Though Rodgers deserves plenty of stick too for the shit subs

Mate you've gotta admit that playing West Ham at home is a very different prospect than playing arsenal away. There was fuck all chance West Ham were gonna be as open as arsenal were

Mate you've gotta admit that playing West Ham at home is a very different prospect than playing arsenal away. There was fuck all chance West Ham were gonna be as open as arsenal were

Of course it is. They shipped 4 goals to Bournemouth, but still, Monday night was the best we'd played since City at home in March.

I've nothing against Lucas but he shouldn't be anywhere near the team in home games, Arsenal away yeah don't mind that but when you are playing at home you have to always go with two up to, and I'm not blaming Lucas in any way shape or form .

And then to top it all Rodger's on 5live "the first goal was crucial" fuck me we only had nearly 90 minutes to get back into it or does this mean now every time we ship the first its curtains?

Feel good factor lasted longer than I though it would to be fair.....but today is the first time I have ever got off before the final whistle, a truly shocking performance .

• Upvote 1

Just back.

Very disappointing from us.

Dejan Lovren makes me swear in front of small children. It's official.

From my vantage point he appeared to prevent a corner by conceding a goal. He is woeful in the air and worse on the deck.