You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Metal Gear 5: Phantom Pain

skend04

Can this be downloaded on the Ps4 or have I got to buy a physical copy. As I am now boycotting Amazon, where's best to order it.

You can download it from PSN Store, but it'll cost you £59.99.

Game are doing the standard edition for £44.99.

No idea what other stores are doing it for, and frankly, I can't be arsed checking, as I won't be buying the game.

• Upvote 1

No. I am still shite at the sneaky bit. The legging it around panicking and trying to kill absolutely everybody when they spot you is still boss though. I have a sniper rifle now which can only help.

It's hard to approach bases due to them having a guard at every angle. The sniper Rifle should help you, do you have tranquilizers with it?

It's hard to approach bases due to them having a guard at every angle. The sniper Rifle should help you, do you have tranquilizers with it?

You can use tranquillizers with it. I haven't yet.

I am alright at getting in the base. I am just shit at being super sneaky when I get there and then mayhem breaks out.

The cardboard box is one of those things that's been in the series since the start. It's more of a running gag now, where as in the first game it actually came in quite useful at times. 

I can't really give any details on the story either as with the exception of the first, I've only played through all the games once and they were always a bit of a head scratcher. There's a lot of great stuff in there, but also a lot that makes you groan out loud and shake your head. Nearly all the games have at least one moment where I used to pray my mum or dad didn't walk in and ask me what the fuck I was watching/playing (with the exception of 4 which I played at uni)

From what I've heard about V, it hasn't lived up to the hype for the diehards, but the people new to the series seem to be really enjoying it. I'm probably going to wait until I've got a bit more spare time before I buy it.

Never thought I'd say this about a metal gear game but I wish there were more cut scenes. I'm doing missions and going back to a base where you can't really do shit except recall the helicopter and go back out on a mission. Can't even go inside that oil rig and see if other characters are lounging around. its an ace game though just lacking a bit of narrative aside from listening to the cassette tapes.

Thought the prologue was a bit pants and when I'd finished the first mission I couldn't help but think 'Is that it?' but then the game opened up and I realised some of the options available to you when approaching a mission and it won me over big time.

Still only done about 5 hours and it's taking time getting used to the controls, keep doing things by accident or accidental throwing magazine clips at people rather than blowing their brains out but I'll soon get used to it. I seem to remember the AI was better on the older games though. There's been times when its been daylight and there's an enemy 14 meters from me and he's not noticed me. Might just be because I'm early doors but the enemies don't seem to function as a team either, but I'm sure I remember the older games been similar with the enemies getting smarter as you progress.

Really surprised a lot of the story so far seems to be told through tapes. Doesn't seem like a Kojima decision. The series has always been very story driven and I can't imagine he cared about the people who moaned about the length of 4's cut-scenes.

• 5 months later...