You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ibiza

Scott_M

Forumites,

Anybody know much about the above island?

We're thinking of, I mean myself, my wife & our (will be) 4 month old daughter, for a bit of early winter sun & are considering going here for a week at the start of October - mainly because it's somewhere neither my wife & I have been.

Flights look reasonable enough but I'll confess, I don't know anything about the place at all. We've looked at & like the Hard Rock in Playa Den Bossa, would this be a suitable place for the 3 of us to go?

Seeing the we'll have our baby, we're not really planning on going all night taking E's & engaging in casual sex (unfortunately) so if this isn't a family place, can anybody kindly recommend anywhere more suitable.

Cheers in advance.

Guest Super Sub

I have never been but I have heard people who aren't hard core ravers talk about it and they have only said good things. One of these people was an old bloke about 60 and another was a young bird about 35 ish. San Antonio is supposed to be the bollocks although it is the clubbing capital of the island.

I went to Playa Den Bossa in the mid 90s (i was 15 i think) and it was a good place for families then. It's just a nice beach sort of holiday place with the nightclubs and stuff there if you want them.

It was the first time I got drunk as well so happy memories for me.

It might have changed a bit but it was fine from what I remember and it's a beautiful island.

Never been but the fella who sits next to me in work has been twice in three years. Said the place is great and his two kids had loads of stuff to do in the hotel he went to. He did a few day trips, one on a fishing boat with his son.

The only problem he had about it was the amount of massive cunts in the plane journey over there. It was a 7 am flight and it was full of scally girls in their rollers, over the top gay lads and lad desperately trying to impress the scally girls. One was told off repeatedly by the cabin crew for playing his music ridiculously loud, none of them say in their seats for more than 2 seconds and loads kept trying to smoke. One got handed over to the Spanish police when they landed for threatening the staff.

Not sure where you are planning to fly from but this was from Liverpool airport, but I saw a story in the Daily Mirror about similar behaviour from Gatwick.

I went to San Antonio when I was 17.  It was 1988.

That's all I have to say about that.

I went to San Antonio in 1988. I was 18 & my 1st holiday with the boys. I fucking hated it. Horrible place. It was the summer all the House & Acid music shite started & no matter where you went you just couldn't get away from it. Awful place. Although a mate of mine takes his 2 young ones to Eulalia (sp) each year for a short break & they love it, really laid back.

San Antonio, probably isn't the place to go, very laddy. Good fun, but the streets will be full of the drunk and strung out in the morning. Ibiza Town is meant to be the more laid back place, definitely the prettier of the two. The amount of money which is spent there does mean the hotels can be very nice for what you have to pay though, so could well be a good trip in the off-season.

Guest Super Sub

Never been but the fella who sits next to me in work has been twice in three years. Said the place is great and his two kids had loads of stuff to do in the hotel he went to. He did a few day trips, one on a fishing boat with his son.

The only problem he had about it was the amount of massive cunts in the plane journey over there. It was a 7 am flight and it was full of scally girls in their rollers, over the top gay lads and lad desperately trying to impress the scally girls. One was told off repeatedly by the cabin crew for playing his music ridiculously loud, none of them say in their seats for more than 2 seconds and loads kept trying to smoke. One got handed over to the Spanish police when they landed for threatening the staff.

Not sure where you are planning to fly from but this was from Liverpool airport, but I saw a story in the Daily Mirror about similar behaviour from Gatwick.

Ryan air or Easy Jet have banned alcohol on flights to Ibiza from Liverpool recently cause the behaviour of certain individuals was upsetting other people on flights to Ibiza.

I worked there for 7 months in 2001. Stay away from San Antonio, it's messy although it's not bad during the daytime. Might have changed since my time. As others have said, Ibiza Town is lovely and quite chilled. Stay within a 10 15 min walk of it and you'll be happy out. Every flight out is usually full of muppets so it's kindly unavoidable.

• 3 weeks later...