You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

24th August 2015 - Away to Arsenal

WhiskeyJar

To be fair to Brendan he has changed half of last season's team, brought in the streetwise SOD and the top flight experience of Gary Mac, and the latter moves have brought immediate benefits in two bear trap games.

I don't want any fancy stuff, a bore draw will be fine, and Benteke will pose a significant threat on the break.

We are gonna get beat, Hendersons injury couldn't have come at a worse time.Id go with a 442 diamond with Coutinho behind Benteke and Ings with a 3 man midfield behind them of Milner, Can and Lallana.Firmino clearly isn't match fit and that showed against Bournmouth, not many mentioned that as it doesn't suit their agenda and they want to peddle their stories about Lallana getting special treatment.

I think we might sneak a win here... We should go two up top and apply pressure to their defence. Cech isn't the player he was, if we pull our shots on target a couple are bound to go in. Target their German bus with Ings or Firminho and keep the midfield compact. Anyone know if Henderson is fit for this one?

Cech isn't the player he was? What is that statement based on? It may well turn out to be true, but to come to that conclusion after 2 games where he was at fault in 1 of them is hardly the sign of of someone's career coming to an end.

Rodgers will play the same team injuries permitting, He'll conveniently overlook the fact we have been very lucky so far, We not creating much up front, Ibe is ineffectual down the left, Benteke good but pretty isolated , our midfield solid but uninspired and our defense yet to be tested properly . If I were Wenger i would be fairly comfortable. They really  just need to cover Benteke properly and stop Coutinho getting it onto his right side with space to shoot, They will have to much going forward  down our left for young Gomez and Lovren.

I think Moreno and Sakho should come in and Ibe should give way to Ings.. i'll be stunned if it happens.  2-0 to the Arse if he doesn't change it round.   

Cech isn't the player he was? What is that statement based on? It may well turn out to be true, but to come to that conclusion after 2 games where he was at fault in 1 of them is hardly the sign of of someone's career coming to an end.

I didn't say his career is coming to an end, I said he he isn't the player he once was. All three of the goals they've conceded could have been avoided if he was a bit more alert, or just stretched his arms out instead of dropping with a less than half arsed attempt to raise them.

I didn't say his career is coming to an end, I said he he isn't the player he once was. All three of the goals they've conceded could have been avoided if he was a bit more alert, or just stretched his arms out instead of dropping with a less than half arsed attempt to raise them.

I know you didn't say his career was coming to the end. But saying he isn't the player he once was suggests his better days are behind him & he's in the twilight of his career. How anyone can come up with this assumption after 2 games & playing a handful of games last season is beyond me. He fucked up for Chelsea when he was at his 'peak', so by that rule, perhaps he's never been the keeper we all thought.

I know you didn't say his career was coming to the end. But saying he isn't the player he once was suggests his better days are behind him & he's in the twilight of his career. How anyone can come up with this assumption after 2 games & playing a handful of games last season is beyond me. He fucked up for Chelsea when he was at his 'peak', so by that rule, perhaps he's never been the keeper we all thought.

Fair enough. I just checked and he's 33, which should be within the peak years for a goalie.

Honestly, he's been poor for all the goals that they've conceded so far. Now all goalies make errors, and that obviously leads to goals conceded, but for him to be that poor points out one or possibly more of the following to me:

1. Not being the player he was, or...

2. Being rusty from warming the bench last season, or

3. Not being all that great, and having one of the best defences in the league previously masking his deficiencies, or

4. Being out of form

Any of those indicates that he's currently a weak link that's there to he exploited on Monday.

That being said, he'll now put in the performance of his life against us. Jinxed it you did.

5 from possible 24 points against the top sides last year If memory serves. Very important to improve on that this year.

Whoa there, lad! Get those expectations in check and start thinking positively.

Remember: anything better than last season's 4-1 thrashing would be de facto improvement.

I just hope we give them a game this time,  We have been pathetic in this fixture of late and last season was fucking embarrassment . We have to offer more going forward than we have in the first two games , If he starts with the same formation with Ibe down the left and Gomez and Lovren defending that side we will lose , Moreno has to come in for me and ideally Sakho,

Ings up front , drop Ibe to the bench 

• Upvote 1