You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Running trainers

Elite

• 5 years later...

My Lunarglide 8's were overdue a change so I bought some Pegasus 37s on discount from Pro:Running and then went the Nike shop at McArthur Glen and got a pair of Pegasus 36s for £50. Will rotate them and hopefully they'll last. Great shoes though, already easing the pain in my left foot arch, which I suspect might be plantar fasciitus. 

On 30/04/2021 at 16:53, Kepler-186 said:

This site is good for running gear. 

https://www.sportsshoes.com/

+1. Get all my stuff from there via TopCash back as well. When I buy new shoes, I tend to buy the 'previous' years version as these carry the biggest discount. Unless you're a competitive runner, I dont see the point paying 140 quid a pair when last year's version are 50 to 60 quid.

Last Saucony's I bought from them I got for 48 quid. Used Saucony for years now, Mizuno the only other brand Id use.

• Like 1

Just this week bought these from sports direct for £50.

Very impressed.

I was using a cheap pair from decathlon which lasted me 3 months and whilst very basic they did a job and some reasonably high miles - 100k in April alone, but felt time to upgrade as doing more now.

21159418_l.jpg

Just made an appointment for an assessment/ fitting in a couple of weeks time. I could have soldiered on with my old pair but the number of injuries I've picked up over the years, I might as well do it properly. I went for my local Run4It shop (https://www.run4it.com), they're not particularly cheap, but they were very good when I bought my old ones.

10 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Just made an appointment for an assessment/ fitting in a couple of weeks time. I could have soldiered on with my old pair but the number of injuries I've picked up over the years, I might as well do it properly. I went for my local Run4It shop (https://www.run4it.com), they're not particularly cheap, but they were very good when I bought my old ones.

I tend to do this when I need to get a new pair every few years. Then like @dockers_strike I buy what has then become last year's model and stock up on multiple pairs if possible. 

Not sure if that makes sense 

Go for gait and pay full price, then six months later buy model again on discount and ideally stock up. Once no longer able to buy discounted model and stock has run out then go for gait again. Rinse and repeat every couple of years.

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...
On 02/05/2021 at 13:50, an tha said:

Just this week bought these from sports direct for £50.

Very impressed.

I was using a cheap pair from decathlon which lasted me 3 months and whilst very basic they did a job and some reasonably high miles - 100k in April alone, but felt time to upgrade as doing more now.

21159418_l.jpg

These have lasted me nearly a year doing pretty high mileage every month - but have more or less died now.

Going to give these a try - just ordered them for £59.99 on a mates recommendation.

ASI11623_1000_1.jpg

12 hours ago, an tha said:

These have lasted me nearly a year doing pretty high mileage every month - but have more or less died now.

Going to give these a try - just ordered them for £59.99 on a mates recommendation.

ASI11623_1000_1.jpg

Which ASICS are these? I need some new ones and I've just got a year out of mine. The only replacement signal being sole wear so well impressed with them. Mine were asics gel torrance  and Ive ran 10k a week for a year plus walking,

gym. Great trabs

• 4 months later...

Been running in those asics above and got some high miles out of 2 pairs i have been rotating - those which are gel pulse 12 and a pair of gel pulse 13's.

They are both good but a bit on the heavy side for long runs.

So have splashed out what is an unbelievable amount for me of £135 on a pair of gel numbus lite 3's which i will run marathon in.

Wore them this week for first time on a 60 min run and set a 10k PB during it....really nice feel and really light.

They are deffo overpriced and i have seen better reviewed trainers that are lower priced - but i like asics, their trainers fit me well and it is a one off paying this sort of money.

c22aga0035_7057_m.jpg