You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ketosis

• 1 month later...

A32727_A6_D95_F_4_D9_B_8_A29_227_C5_D3_A

The whole family is just mental. Jordan Peterson said he stayed awake for 25 days after drinking some cider. This chick eats some pepper and is fucked for 3 weeks...

Thsts seriously fucked up.

It really sounds like they are seriously fucking themselves up long term with this shit. Making themselves unable to eat other foods.

Poor girl. If she snogs somebody who's just had a pasta meal with all the trimmings she'll go into anaphylactic shock...

Luckily her husband has the same issues as her, so is also on the carnivore diet.

So she can snog away to her hearts content.

Does it help with neuropathy feet pain brought on by diabetis

You’d want to be careful if you have diabetes. Essentially, your blood sugar is low because you’re not putting lots of carbs into your body. I’d do a bit of reading on how it impacts you and your type of diabetes before even trying it. This should be a good starting point.

https://youtu.be/lY87ylWWZYI

Wet shits are a common side effect in the early weeks, from what I've read.

Added my first return to something approaching exercise with 30 minutes of brisk walking on the treadmill this morning. Given how sedenty my lifestyle has been it was a shock to my calf muscles. I joined a 24hr gym at the weekend and was there at 5am (still feel a bit awkward because of my weight, hence the time to avoid the beautiful people).

I was going to just start walking around the park at an early hour, then remembered how overzealous some Merseyside Police officers can be. Walking around in the dark in a hoodie is potentially more trouble than its worth. And the treadmill is easier on the feet and legs, at least until they get used to being used more again.

• Upvote 1

Wet shits are a common side effect in the early weeks, from what I've read.

Added my first return to something approaching exercise with 30 minutes of brisk walking on the treadmill this morning. Given how sedenty my lifestyle has been it was a shock to my calf muscles. I joined a 24hr gym at the weekend and was there at 5am (still feel a bit awkward because of my weight, hence the time to avoid the beautiful people).

I was going to just start walking around the park at an early hour, then remembered how overzealous some Merseyside Police officers can be. Walking around in the dark in a hoodie is potentially more trouble than its worth. And the treadmill is easier on the feet and legs, at least until they get used to being used more again.

Good job, mate. Results and improvement in fitness happen surprisingly quickly. It's the initial hump that's the worst thing. I run most mornings, and the first couple of weeks were... well, torture. Now I can't think without it.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Sorry to be ignorant but what’s a net carb? Also can you still lose weight on lowish carbs without going into keto or does it make no difference?

I think net carbs is the total amount minus the carbs from fibre. You don't need to calculate that in the UK though, the figure given for food is net carbs.

Ketosis is an effective way of losing fat, as your body will start burning that for fuel rather than carbs. You can lose weight on higher carb diets as long as they're calorie controlled too.