You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ketosis

2.9 kg great stuff. See it works. 2kg of that will be water loss mind but still you are on the way.

Take some before and after photos for yourself.

I guy told me once to imagine yourself as a bog roll. Every week you peal off 1 layer. Week to week you look no different but compare week 1 with week 20 and then you see the difference.

The concept of water loss is mad considering the amount of water I'm drinking....

It is readily available so your body does not need to hoard it.

For every gram of stored glycogen you need a couple of grams of water to maintain it. As you glycogen is depleted your body dumps the water.

The body is amazing and its adaptation to new conditions is incredible.

Sounds to me like you are on the way. Give it another 10 days or so then have a beer and pizza feast.

When I use the weight machines I'm doing about 30 reps on each of 40kg but the second I try a deadlift with a 20kg weight on a bar it seems way fucking heavier. Am I just ridiculously weak?

No mate not at all. Don't for one minute worry about other pricks in the gym. They don't know your goals, history etc.

There is a guy in our gym who does deadlifts with 5kg each side of the 20kg bar. One young lad was taking this piss out of him behind his back until one of the old blokes pinned him to the wall and 'explained' to him that the bloke had been in a car crash and had to learn to walk again.

I started deads with 10kg each side. Now there is 100. Took 2 years but I am getting there.

Get off the machines and do 6-12 reps

Will mean I have wasted a week doing it.

Fuck Vodka!

Tis a quandary alright, and one only you can sort.

Between this and then, try get in as much exercise as you can, as well as eating keto-style. Same Monday morning before the funeral.

Then you've a choice to make. Something like Miller Lite has about 5g carbs per pint. So you could have about half a dozen of them, and then top it up with the small stuff.

But it really is a judgement call on your part. Like you said, you'll be wasting a week otherwise. You can still get drunk on the small stuff like.

You do t necessarily get knocked out of ketosis from drinking. Once it processes your alcohol it should continue, also there's studies to suggest it even accelerates it.

I think that's only really true of spirits, if it's true at all.

You could cheat and do some alcohol free lager to feel like your drinking, but again be mindful of false sugars.

May have a couple of low carb pints, mostly likely Coors if the pub sells it. If not it'll have to be spirit mixers.

Only problem is boozing makes me eat like an horse.

Buy a whole chicken and some sriracha sauce, as soon as you get home you'll be sorted.

You should check the comments section, they're going mad at the article as much as Guardian readers do when another anti-Corbyn piece is posted up. I think that's a good sign of how stupid it probably is really. It's supposed to be inflammation from too many sugars/carbs that causes problems, not saturated fat.