You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Backing the manager

G Richards

GET BEHIND OUR FUCKiG MANAGER. FFS.

After the west ham game i went into a bookies and bet £5 that Kenny Daglish will be the last Liverpool manager to win a trophy for the club till 2050. And a very generous return it will be.

Except it won't, i will not be alive to pick up the money so it will go to my kids, but i can't stand my kids and the thought of them gaining on my bet turns my fucking stomach, but luckily they may not be alive in the the year 2050 so the money will go to the grand kids, but they are fucking worse, horrible little kids.

So come on, in Brendan i trust.

Donate it to the HJC.

Another result or two like this weekend's and he'll be on the wrong side of a critical mass of fans at the game, I'm sure. FSG will just be marking time if booing, leaving early en masse or any other open show of disdain for what's being served up becomes a regular occurence, that's a given whoever the manager is.

They may not sack him until November/December time, but he'll be dead in the water if a majority of fans at the match have clearly had enough, which is another reason he shouldn't have lasted the summer, as it was only going to take one or two repeats of last season's troughs for the atmosphere to sour.

I think you could see it in him during the post-match interview, as well. We've been here before with Houllier and Rafa, and it only becomes more red-faced, stressed and incoherent at this point.

Be interesting to see what happens if people start staying away like they did towards the end of the owls tenure.

I seem to recall 35,000 for a league game against Bolton on New Years Day....

Another result or two like this weekend's and he'll be on the wrong side of a critical mass of fans at the game, I'm sure. FSG will just be marking time if booing, leaving early en masse or any other open show of disdain for what's being served up becomes a regular occurence, that's a given whoever the manager is.

They may not sack him until November/December time, but he'll be dead in the water if a majority of fans at the match have clearly had enough, which is another reason he shouldn't have lasted the summer, as it was only going to take one or two repeats of last season's troughs for the atmosphere to sour.

I think you could see it in him during the post-match interview, as well. We've been here before with Houllier and Rafa, and it only becomes more red-faced, stressed and incoherent at this point.

Once a manager has lost the fans and at least some of the players, its almost impossible to get it back.

The sad thing is because of the amount of money spent, and the new coaching team in I think Rodgers will get until the summer at least.

The owners said before the start of the season they would tolerate a slow start with the difficult fixtures and new players bedding in.We have done ok so far and are ahead of Chelsea and level with Manu and arsenal, Rodgers is going nowhere anytime soon.

We lost 3-0 to west ham, two individual mistakes gave them a two goal lead, that game is not proof Rodgers can't set up a defence which some are making out and the people high up won't be coming to that conclusion.All this talk about he has a few games or he's out is wishful thinking from some.

LFC have always been best as underdogs during my time watching them, we will soon be going into games with no pressure or expectancy and that is when we normally perform.Ive said all summer I expect us to come through then first 10-12 games in a good position and nothing has changed, when that happens confidence in the squad will be good and players will have gelled.

I'm sticking with my prediction of finishing fourth atleast, rivals are looking weaker then I had expected and their signings haven't been that impressive apart from city.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You're right. It's the three previous seasons that prove Rodger's can't set up a defence.

We concede far too many to finish top four without record-breaking strike partnerships. When Rodgers turns Keegan-mode off and we set-up to be better defensively we often create few chances. That +4 goal difference last season was abysmal when you look at what we spent.

so the owners said they would tolerate a slow start of the season, I can understand that, new players and such but when you have  a combination fee of 70 million playing up front and the only real shot on target against West Ham was a 30 yarder from Lovren, how long will they tolerate this shite?

so the owners said they would tolerate a slow start of the season, I can understand that, new players and such but when you have  a combination fee of 70 million playing up front and the only real shot on target against West Ham was a 30 yarder from Lovren, how long will they tolerate this shite?

You're assuming the owners actually watch our games and understand what they see. I'm guessing at most they look at the table and see 2 wins, a loss and a tie and conclude "decent start, I thought we we're supposed to lose our first 15 games this year"

You're assuming the owners actually watch our games and understand what they see. I'm guessing at most they look at the table and see 2 wins, a loss and a tie and conclude "decent start, I thought we we're supposed to lose our first 15 games this year"

Our starting fixtures are mostly kind. I thought Rodgers would get a boost filling his boots against Stoke, then Bournemouth and West Ham at home but alas...

What about West Ham bedding in new players and a new manager, trashing us away? Bilic managed to set up a defence.

The more I think about this game the more disgusted I get. 6-1 away to Stoke was disgraceful but at least the game didn't mean anything; a lot of end of season meaningless wind up like that. But this wasn't meaningless 0-3 to a side that hasn't won here in 50 fucking years, with new players and a new manager. Hard to shrug it off as just a blip.

• Upvote 2

for me its not the defeats themselves, its the manner of them. We should not be getting thumped by the likes of Stoke, Palace or West ham.

if we loose then it needs to be we a case of everyone giving 100% for 90 mins plus, not going a goal down and heads drop.

under Rodgers we are becoming an Everton level club very quickly, raising our game for the "Big 4" and not being motivated enough to beat the dross.

• Upvote 1

for me its not the defeats themselves, its the manner of them. We should not be getting thumped by the likes of Stoke, Palace or West ham.

if we loose then it needs to be we a case of everyone giving 100% for 90 mins plus, not going a goal down and heads drop.

under Rodgers we are becoming an Everton level club very quickly, raising our game for the "Big 4" and not being motivated enough to beat the dross.

Exactly, before Rodgers you could count on one hand how many times we'd ship three goals to atrocious sides. Under him it's been a common thing, starting with his very first league game against West Brom.

Hodgson's head would have been on a pike if he was in charge for the countless bummings we've witnessed under Rodgers.

• Upvote 4

I agree with the manner of the defeats being the galling thing. Losing a game from time to time is acceptable, much as we don't want it to happen. And perhaps even moreso this season, as with the new money in the Premier League most mid-ranking teams and a few lower ones have enough match winners in their sides to surprise the big boys on their day. 

However... 3-0 at home to West Ham is not good enough, especially with so little created by us. 

I thought Rodgers should have gone in the summer (I was late coming round to that view). But since he was given the green light to carry on, and was backed in the transfer market, and also allowed to refresh the backroom team, I'm happy enough for him to get a bit more time than the four games so far this season. Mind you, the signs are starting to look ominous for him. As ever, results are the key. If we can stay close to 2 points a game for, say, the first 10 games, he will carry on. But if we have too many more games like the West Ham one, then it will be goodbye, and justifiably so. 

• Upvote 2