You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke away 9/8/2015

aRdja

Well, he's not even in the squad for tomorrow's friendly game against HJK Helsinki. You would've thought if he was to start the season against Stoke, Rodgers would want to give him at least one practice match with the rest of the first team squad.

Our first two games this season are so important. 6 points would make things a lot more comfortable given the tough run of away games we have. Baffles me why we took so long to secure Benteke when we knew the release clause and Villa made it clear they wouldn't sell for less. Was the small amount we thought we could save more important than a full pre-season for our second most expensive signing ever?

• Upvote 1

The only reason I can think of as to why Benteke wouldn't start today (and Stoke) is that Rodgers thinks him and Firmino are better off on the training ground than playing 45 minutes in a friendly.

But even then that seems daft and surely travelling with the squad for some team bonding makes more sense than leaving them both at home though I suppose they'll play tomorrow.

Seriously hoping for a good season. Starting here will help exorcise some of the demons of that last game.

I think we've identified some of our weaknesses and addressed them quite well.

I really like Milner, he's constantly working hard for the benefit of the team, doesn't drop his head and offers a lot more than people give him credit for. He's also built like a small tank. Having him on the pitch will help a lot in lessening the pain of losing Gerrard.

I wouldn't mind Ings starting next week either. He's as hard working as Kuyt, whose pressing in the final third we've sorely missed (except when Suarez was on the pitch), is a handful for defenders and is a decent finisher. I'm hoping for some good things from hin this season.

Clyne will offer fuckloads more Johnson, Lallana seems to be hitting some form, albeit against shitty opposition, Ibe seems a great prospect, and I expect last seasons signings that stick around to perform at a much higher standard. Scrappy 1-2 win for us.

why dont you all go and support some other team... never read such pessamistic  k rap for years... if we dont finish in the top 4 i will show my ass in lewis`s window... in fact i fancy us for numero uno.. big bren is the man... 

Where can I get some of whatever you're smoking?

Cry cry cry

Fucking babies

You can tell the clueless cunts on here from a mile off. We have a game against Swindon tomorrow. Sahko, Can, Firmino and Benteke will play there. 2 of those players have had injury issues and two played in tournaments in the summer and only came back into full training about a week ago.

That's probably why they didn't travel with the rest to Helsinki. We have a huge squad now and many games coming up, chill the fuck out mother fuckers. Stop bashing the club and manager over every little thing you can before a fucking ball has even been kicked.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Cry cry cry

Fucking babies

You can tell the clueless cunts on here from a mile off. We have a game against Swindon tomorrow. Sahko, Can, Firmino and Benteke will play there. 2 of those players have had injury issues and two played in tournaments in the summer and only came back into full training about a week ago.

That's probably why they didn't travel with the rest to Helsinki. We have a huge squad now and many games coming up, chill the fuck out mother fuckers. Stop bashing the club and manager over every little thing you can before a fucking ball has even been kicked.

Not quite up there with the Shia Lebeouf motivational video, but I'm sure you'll get there eventually. 

It looks increasingly likely that Benteke and Firmino won't start this game. My prediction of the starting line up;

-------------Mignolet---------------

Clyne---Skrtel-----Lovren--Moreno

---------------Lucas----------------

--------Milner-------Henderson----

----Lallana----Ings---Coutinho----

Rumor has it that the team will pretty much be the same as yesterday's friendly with the exception of Benteke maybe replacing Ings.

So that would mean:

Mignolet

Clyne

Skrtel

Lovren

Gomez

Milner

Henderson

Ibe

Countinho

Lallana

Ings/Benteke

.......... shrug.

Exactly right. That was the game that got everyone believing.

Was it because of Luis Suarez's brace and MOTM performance or because Rodgers is a great manager? No man can say.

I can: it was because of Luis. The Stoke game is the one I always point to that proved without SAS we were crap.