You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC 2015/16 Season

Sugar Ape

Where will we finish?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

I've voted 3rd. How anyone can be so sure the Mancs will be top 4 is beyond me. They flatere just as badly as us towards the end, and their firepower and pace up front is still an issue, as is their backline. Their midfield will make sure they dominant possession in most games, but they need Depay to hit the ground running. Their only two world class players want to leave/are leaving them. If de Gea goes I'm confident we'll get them.

I think City will struggle as well, especially as Aguero can't stay healthy for more than a few weeks at the time...

Last but not least I think we'll be much, much better than last year. With Benteke and Firmino we've added some much needed physicality and firepower to our team. More running/pressing in midfield is also guaranteed (a huge issue for us last year). Hopefully Mignolet can start the season well, that and Rodgers' love for Lovren are our biggest obstacles to overcome for us to be top 3/4...

Looking at the poll here, and the one on the MF is the same, 5th place is by far the most popular position that people think we'll finish.

If we do finish 5th would you sack Rodgers? Is 5th par and all we can reasonably expect? Or has Rodgers got to do better?

We spent 2/3 of last season in borderline relegation form so I can't see how this one can fail to be a lot better. It's really just a matter of how much we improve relative to the competition. All the money coming into the league is allowing the teams below us to strengthen as well. If nothing else this may mean that they become a lot harder for the top teams to beat making the season even more gruelling than usual. Stoke, Palace, Southampton, Swansea and others are hardly pushovers these days.

There were a lot of negatives last season that should be forgotten now. No World Cup hangover. No deflation after losing our best player. No having to accommodate a legend past his best. Instead most of the squad have had a decent break and are joined by new signings who should make them a lot more optimistic. Clyne makes us stronger defensively, Benteke and Firmino will be a much greater goal threat but I think Milner will prove to be the most significant arrival, partly because he will offer a lot more mobility and physicality than Gerrard last season but mainly because he knows how to win games and I'm hoping that might rub off on some of the other players. From what I've seen of him he's not afraid of slipping in the odd tactical foul to disrupt the opposition's flow here and there, something the bunch of choirboys we currently have never do. We are the least cynical team in the league and that's got to change if we're going to get anywhere. I don't want to see us anywhere near the top of the fair play league next season.

It also helps that we should be competitive in the Europa League by fielding squad players while last year's top 4 have to take the Champions League much more seriously to progress. Rogers intimated that O'Driscoll was likely to stay behind with the players due to play in the league the following weekend while he takes the Europa League away games on his own. That should be a positive.

I don't see why we shouldn't be competing for the CL places and if Sturridge gets fit and starts scoring goals there's no reason why we shouldn't be in the mix at the top. Rodgers has no excuses anymore, it's his squad now. Another damp squib of a season and he's gone.

• Upvote 3

Looking at the poll here, and the one on the MF is the same, 5th place is by far the most popular position that people think we'll finish.

If we do finish 5th would you sack Rodgers? Is 5th par and all we can reasonably expect? Or has Rodgers got to do better?

5th is all we can expect with his dismal signings. A better manager would have had a great squad with the money he has wasted.
  • Upvote 2

I'd say many have predicted 5th BECAUSE of Rodgers.

It's like signing a shit forward who has the potential to score 2 goals a season and then keeping him on because he scores 2 goals a season and thus hit par.

I think as they all stand currently our squad is 5th or 6th best in the league so I would say 4th would be a good achievement by Rodgers. I think with the money spent though the owners may fancy a change if it doesn't happen and there's little return in the cup competitions also.

Not being arsey but aren't there enough threads about sacking Rodgers?  

• Upvote 1

is this website/forum for TRUE lfc supporters or just complete and utter dickheads who know eff all about eff all... go and "support" celtic if you want to win the league every year... here a reminder of what footy is about... 1923/24 season, div 2.... stockport county 12th... guess who was 13th... the dung.... say no more.... a true lfc fan... born and bred......

I don't think I can remember a recent season where most people were so resigned to mediocrity. Even under Hodgson there were a reasonable amount of "he could surprise a few people" types.

I think the transfer committee should have been disbanded, with every member sacked/demoted, as well as Rodgers and his senior staff. The decision to keep all of these people in place has robbed me of any potential enthusiasm; I can't see a past a trophy less season, while we battle for Europa league places.

• Upvote 1

I went for 6th.  The Mancs won't be as bad again and if they keep hold of De Gea they'll easily hold on to fourth (or better).

Spurs I think will improve on last year, again they can't be as bad again, so they'll get fifth, the only way I can see them being lower if special needs Crouch has a major injury.

I don't have any confidence in Rodgers sadly.

I'm willing us to fourth.

I think as much as Gerrard was loved by all, the team last season recognised how difficult it was continuing to support a player way past his peak - having to back him - like the manager - when deep down it was obvious he was a liability.

Now that the little overhyped shit stirrer Sterling has gone too, we'll see a refreshed campaign - Johnson, Lambert and looks like Ballottelli- all chopped from the hulk that was dragging us down.

Its a new dawn, its a new day, it's a new life for LFC.

• Upvote 1

is this website/forum for TRUE lfc supporters or just complete and utter dickheads who know eff all about eff all... go and "support" celtic if you want to win the league every year... here a reminder of what footy is about... 1923/24 season, div 2.... stockport county 12th... guess who was 13th... the dung.... say no more.... a true lfc fan... born and bred......

I expect to win the league every year. Despite the fact we haven't won it in quarter of a century.

We'll do enough to finish ahead of Spurs and Southampton, but we'll be miles behind the top four. Can't see us doing anything in Europe.

A fair summary.

But with us being the richest club in the EL, bar any English CL fall throughs, failure in Europe will surely bring an end to his tenure.