You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC 2015/16 Season

Sugar Ape

Where will we finish?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

We've got tough games for the first couple of months, but if we can get through them with a decent points haul, I don't think there's any reason we can't finish 4th. We had a chance last year and we weren't very good, we've added some good players to the team this summmer so far too. It Sturridge could get fit that would be massive.

I think 5th if more likely though. Especially as I can see the 4 teams above all in the title chase.

I don't think I can remember a recent season where most people were so resigned to mediocrity. Even under Hodgson there were a reasonable amount of "he could surprise a few people" types. 

That makes sense to me. Under Hodgson we had a few players who were genuine stars e.g., Gerrard, Carragher, Torres, Reina, Mascherano at the start of the season... who were amongst the best players in the league. They gave us hope that maybe they could drag the rest of the shite along with them to mount some sort of challenge. The current squad looks to have been designed to consolidate our mediocrity.

That makes sense to me. Under Hodgson we had a few players who were genuine stars e.g., Gerrard, Carragher, Torres, Reina, Mascherano at the start of the season... who were amongst the best players in the league. They gave us hope that maybe they could drag the rest of the shite along with them to mount some sort of challenge. The current squad looks to have been designed to consolidate our mediocrity.

Yep I reckon one player of ours currently gets into the starting elevens of any of the champions league teams. Sturridge of a year or so ago's form and fitness probably too.

My worries are that the fixture list will hand us a few hidings early on, and between that and some of Rodgers' tinkering with new players and formations we'll end up in a tailspin that'll be hard to recover from. 

That's the big concern. People will say fixtures don't matter and we play everyone twice anyway. But 4/5 defeats early doors will just set us up to have the same season as last. Playing catch up all the fucking time. 

If we can get through the opening 10 games in decent shape though I'd be very optimistic about our chances as I think we have the players to blow away a lot of the shite in the league. 

I don't think I can remember a recent season where most people were so resigned to mediocrity. Even under Hodgson there were a reasonable amount of "he could surprise a few people" types.

This is a positive going in to the season for me, unfortunately we don't have a team that can deal with the expectation that they have to win every game and challenge.

I don't remember much optimism before the season we finished second under Rodgers, we were still in that rebuilding phase and the expectation was only to challenge for fourth and not get it.

And the expectation now is that we won't challenge for fourth.

I doubt a lot of fans believe that but if it was the case that would be good as it would mean less pressure on the team and fans wouldn't be going mad if we have a bad loss.

Our fans can be the 12th man or a bad influence, if they have high expectations and things go wrong they get to depressed and say everyone is shit bringing a bad atmosphere.If we get to jan and can still achieve things in the league they can play a part helping the team on the pitch as we saw a couple of years ago.

I doubt a lot of fans believe that but if it was the case that would be good as it would mean less pressure on the team and fans wouldn't be going mad if we have a bad loss.

Our fans can be the 12th man or a bad influence, if they have high expectations and things go wrong they get to depressed and say everyone is shit bringing a bad atmosphere.If we get to jan and can still achieve things in the league they can play a part helping the team on the pitch as we saw a couple of years ago.

Getting the bad excuses in early.

Liverpool look a very unknown proposition right now. You could have made some solid improvements capable of finishing 5th and maybe knocking on the door of 4th, but equally, it could be more of the same from last season. 

I think Sturridge's fitness will be very important, but can't shake the feeling that he's injury prone, and trying to get too much out of him might exacerbate any problems.

Personally, I think Liverpool could benefit from a tough start. A lot of teams won't be 100% early on, and if you can come through the tough start without having been battered, confidence will be good, and there'll be a run of easier games ahead. 

I've gone for 5th.  I can't see Spurs being any better than you, and I'm not convinced Southampton can keep going as they have been.

I think Chelsea will come 1st, and then it's a total lottery for 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

I voted for 5th. 

I think 4th is possible, I'm not convinced by the Manc's. They had loads of resources last year yet performed little better than they did under Moyes. They finished very poorly and were lucky we completely fucked up our run in. They also have CL this year and a lot of pressure having spent roughly a quarter of a billion since Ferguson left. I think we could pip them to 4th if everything falls into place. 

On the other hand we have the same challenge last year of having to bed in a host of new players, I think  us, the bitters (no Europa this year), and Spurs will likely fill out the 5/6/7 spots. I think Southampton will fall off this year. 

Brendan Rodgers’ reaction to the release of the 2015-16 Premier League fixtures in mid-June would have made for an interesting sight. Up first for Liverpool: a trip to Stoke. Not what any club would want, but ever the optimist Rodgers may well have greeted the news with a smile. Here, after all, was the chance to make an immediate amends for arguably the lowest moment of his managerial career, to quickly right an almighty wrong.

Indeed. I'll wait for the result of that match before voting.

I believe Chelsea will win it, Arse will be 2nd. The ones we coul overtale are Utd if they don't get the things going and City, whose midfield is not as quality as it should be. But then again... I voted 4th. 

I believe we will get it if we just keep our shit together and go steady for the most of the season, win the games we should be winning and take a few points of the big dogs.

I think Chelsea will win it but the rest is up for grab. City just have too many mental lapses over the course of the season, and both Aguero and Silva are a bit fragile. Sterling won't improve that much.

The mancs will live and die with Rooney. Going full galactico won't help defensively, where they'll be as shit as last season. DeGea is already counting his Bosman money.

Arsenal were lucky with Sanchez - did he even miss a minute from injury? Their defence is still fragile enough to ship plenty of Goals.

Us? Can't see us doing anything with Rodgers, who's easily the worst manager in the first 6, maybe 7.

I actually think we'll win the bastard league!

If we keep to the 3 4 2 1 and perfect it then it could work fucking wonders,espesh as we have the players to improve it greatly

Wouldn't mind our 2nd choice system being the diamond but slightly more direct with the forwards we have

If we start with the usual (and predicted) 4 3 3 plan I think we'll have another boring shit start and out of it by Christmas.

Think Chelsea will have shite season next year with fitness of there CBs and main striker.

Seeing as Chelski are the only consistent side and will have a bad year,it'll be a free for all for title like 2 years ago

I reckon we'll hammer a few teams but get hammered as ourselves more. 

We'll finish outside of the top 4. Rodgers and his diminishing fanbase will successfully lower expectations.

We'll go again next year, sell Coutinho and bring in another 6-7 to add 'quality' to the squad.