Redder Lurtz

Anyone ever run a pub?

5 min drive from my house.

Not far from the M62 and would make a good early drinking spot for Huddersfield away...

Sweet, looks like we got somewhere to crash after the piss up

I've believe Savile used to drink in there Now and Then Now and then.

I can’t believe no one has pulled you up on this. Quite possibly the worst joke I’ve seen on here .

5 min drive from my house.

Not far from the M62 and would make a good early drinking spot for Huddersfield away...

I could accommodate a coachful. We've got a decent car park.

October 20th, Sat teatime k/o. It's far enough away from Huddersfield for the police's liking, don't know what they're like in Huddersfield towards away fans but I'm happy to be an option if you need one.

• Upvote 1

Nice one mate. Looks very inviting- next time I find myself in Leeds I will forgo the Premier Inn offerings and slip in for a half a bitter  

On 7/28/2015 at 8:15 PM, TK421 said:

I haven't run a pub but I did work in one for a summer job when I was at uni.  After a couple of months a new manager came in.  He said I was the worse barman he'd ever seen and sacked me.  If you need some staff I'm all yours.

Bravo, sir.

Well done, Lurtz!  Superb, especially given the current climate - Mintel are forever throwing out stats about how grim the pub business is - 3 pubs closing per day, 11,000 since 2001 etc.

Good beer is the way, and it looks like you do that - congratulations.

Well fuck me sideways. I've made it in to The Good Beer Guide 2020. Four years of hard work doing what I love doing and I've got a CAMRA pub of the month award plus this under my belt. Fucking made up. 

20190913_110522.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 39

Good work Redders thats brilliant mate. 

If we get Leeds in the cup (Or if the scruffy warlocks come-up), TSOP pre and after match drinks have to be there. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the kind words lads. Been a few ups and downs over the years and I've made one or two terrible decisions but it seems to be working out for me overall these days. I'm closing for a major refurb in a few weeks, the pub is going to be fucking amazing when it reopens. 

I'm not sure what that "easy listening" bollocks is all about. I've got a playlist of videos which I put on random and consists of anything from Foo Fighters to Brian Jonestown Massacre, to Kirsty Macoll to The Doors to The Clash and anything in between. Easy listening my arse. 

• Upvote 5