You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This Legalise Cannabis campaign

Gnasher

More like passive aggressive troll time.

Anything to prevent certain people having to explain their contradictory views, eh.

I'm yawning my fucking head off Stronts, and I haven't had a toke in about 8 years so it isn't that. You never, ever miss a chance, and you fool precisely no-one, barring yourself, of course. Wise up, man; this is exactly why you supposedly get quote unquote bullied on here.

You have absolutely fuck all to reply with to anyone who knows your game and calls you on it, other than saying they're a troll or that they're evil, or spazzing out and writing or doing something cringe-making.

It's actually a real shame, as you're a witty fella with a great line in dark humour, as I rep you for when I see it without your inherent biases nakedly on display, hence not "having a problem with you", as I am able to distinguish between the bits I like of you and the bits I don't.

So just save yourself the embarrassment and don't try something as trite and fucking obvious, eh, as your 'justice' resembles a wholly impotent organ when turned on anyone perfectly capable of seeing the pattern of what you do on here with untramelled vision.

Now is there any chance that perhaps this thread could be kept on course without your usual deadly dull Lib Dem posturing and campaigning, as I genuinely couldn't give a fuck what colour tie you wear or how morally superior you think your little club is while the matter is being discussed, and if we put it to your old mate the democratic vote, I'm quite confident I wouldn't be the only one to feel that way.

• Upvote 1

Ive never touched the stuff and the smell makes me want to retch but as long as its treated in the same way as cigarettes,smoked outdoors and its ingredients regulated then who am I to stop anybody if they want to smoke it.

As for the Liberals supporting it,why wasnt it legalised during their stint propping up their fascist partners?

I dont remember it even being discussed myself.

Indeed, many different policies, all with the same underpinning ideology.

"Liberals are scum!"

"Let's liberalise things!"

Yes, I do find that perplexing. Because I'm not a simpleton.

Ah, I see, you're doing that thing where you think that your political party is a synonym for all the good words again. Nobody calls liberals scum on here. They may call Lib Dems that though.

You literally cannot comprehend that intelligent people may not see all your policies as leading to personal freedom can you?

Or you can...but just enjoy playing dumb when it suits.

If it's not that, you need deprogramming.

So you and your mates like drugs. I dare say you'd like them just the same if cannabis didn't exist. Gateway theory is a load of shite. I liked cannabis so much I moved over to the Netherlands in 1999. I can grow 5 plants, don't have to buy from illegal dealers and I'm not sat here with a crack pipe and needles.

Negged you by mistake so rectified here even though I disagree with you.

Your point is valid to a degree. But you moved to Holland so you could smoke it legally. Weed was/is obviously your "thing" and you are happy to stop there. Others i know wanted more highs after weed bored them. If coke was legal in say Belgium, you'd get coke lovers heading there. So you've not proven a thing other than your love for weed brought you to Holland.

Each and every person I know who had taken some form of e speed or coke did so after weed because weed opened their eyes to the world of drugs. That's a fact and other than getting these people lined up to confess and putting videos on you tube, you'll have to take my word on it.

I'm not convinced that it robs people of their drive. I reckon most of the type who'd fall into the stereotype of feckless losers would be the same without it, they'd just substitute one crutch for another; no longer work shy stoners, but now fat and work shy, changing the burns in their trousers for bacon grease.

I've known people who function on it, they just abide by a little moderation like most do with other vices.

I'm not convinced that it robs people of their drive. I reckon most of the type who'd fall into the stereotype of feckless losers would be the same without it, they'd just substitute one crutch for another; no longer work shy stoners, but now fat and work shy, changing the burns in their trousers for bacon grease.

I've known people who function on it, they just abide by a little moderation like most do with other vices.

Much wisdom in that. I suspect a lot of these things fall under self-medicating and are something of a chicken and egg situation.

Or swap it for alcohol and actually kill themselves, or other people.

I find cannabis users in the UK to be slimy little fellas who wear trackies, sit in Maccies car parks revving their engines, have staffs and have that weird haircut where it's not long enough to gel but they gel it anyway. I've never done it, have never had an inclination to do it and hate the smell when others smoke it. I'm probably generalising but there you go.

Repped. Deffo the words of a true stoner.

Much wisdom in that. I suspect a lot of these things fall under self-medicating and are something of a chicken and egg situation.

Funnily enough, one woman was quite literally self medicating with it, as it was the only thing that worked for the pain. She still held down a job, and an active one at that.

I find cannabis users in the UK to be slimy little fellas who wear trackies, sit in Maccies car parks revving their engines, have staffs and have that weird haircut where it's not long enough to gel but they gel it anyway. I've never done it, have never had an inclination to do it and hate the smell when others smoke it. I'm probably generalising but there you go.

Nah, you're getting confused with wizards there.

They love a toke too, mind.

• Upvote 3

I'm in full support of legalisation by the way.

I smoked a lot back in the day, ended up overdoing it and having a minor funny turn, hence I don't do it any more. So I would preach moderation rather than a blanket ban.

If my lad wants to have a smoke, I'm not going to tell him not to. What I'll tell him is to treat it like a beer. You wouldn't drink a beer first thing every morning (unless you had issues), so don't have a joint then either. Don't do a massive cone and then go for a drive. You know, sensible stuff like that.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

You own your body, no one has the right to tell you what you can & can't put into it, just so long as you cause no harm to anyone else in the process.

I find the attitutude to cannabis legalisation perplexing when contrasted to the attitude towards the only major party to support it.

More like passive aggressive troll time.

Anything to prevent certain people having to explain their contradictory views, eh.

How fucking ridiculous. I agree with the first quote in this post, but it's a minor issue in comparison to other policies - like economic policies and social policies. Contradictory views? I could probably agree with one or more things from every party in existence, but I still find their other views abhorrent. What's contradictory about that?

I honestly have no idea how you're perplexed by this. 

It is a pleasant thing. As I get older I find it has much longer lasting effects on me than alcohol though, which sucks. I'm usually even more feckless and inarticulate and demotivated halfway through the week after a weekend toke.

I do enjoy it every now and again though, usually on a Friday night, especially enjoyable with some wine, watching the sun going down, sat next to a river or canal with some friends. It's an old person's drug ruined by young people. A bit like alcohol...

Struggle to see how it's an advert for speed of all things though... that's like a Netflix recommendation. Hey, you watched Blue Ruin so you might like Nutty Professor 2: The Klumps.

You should watch Blue Ruin btw.

• Upvote 1

Funnily enough, one woman was quite literally self medicating with it, as it was the only thing that worked for the pain. She still held down a job, and an active one at that.

Can well believe it; know people who use it for pain relief too.

I also know a guy who works in the crank/woo/quack side of health care, and at least 10 years younger than his age does he look, who sees cancer patients from all over the country, exclusively to help their bodies be better able to process the hugely toxic drugs required, and he told me that he's known patients try all the supposed miracle alternative drugs and treatments for cancer, in Germany and the like, but that sometimes nothing does the job like western medicine and this is exactly such a disease (I completely share his view, from much first-hand experience, albeit not quite at the level of chemo).

His patients who get best outcomes are those who can afford to go to the States for the best chemo treatment, and do various other things on the side 'holistically' to supplement their system through the savage process of medication.

The one thing which he did concede he'd started to hear and read about from patients and in medical publications as beneficial, in some cases, to clinical outcomes, was cannabis oil.

It may of course be proven to be bollocks, it may remain unproven with anecdotal accounts of success only, residing firmly in the snake oil category for many, but it seems an interesting one to keep an open mind about and tabs on.

It's a hell of a drug, so just maybe.

I don't want to go down the "RPs Tinfoil Hat of Doom" route (no offence fella), but as much as I'd like to believe if it was found to have have beneficial qualities that it would be made freely available, I can't help but feel that the people who profit from disease would do all they could to suppress it.

I'm getting supercynical in my old age. I'm finding it difficult to see something good without thinking "some rich cunt is going to put the kibosh on that".

Probably had about ten tokes in the last two years, it's too expensive and I don't really miss it (not that I ever smoked it heavily). Very occasionally think it would be nice to just have the odd joint, maybe once a fortnight, to inspire me to do something creative. 

Oh and I did two buckets (Ooh matron, etc) on holiday in Rhodes last year with what turned out to be Russian police officers. 

Probably had about ten tokes in the last two years, it's too expensive and I don't really miss it (not that I ever smoked it heavily). Very occasionally think it would be nice to just have the odd joint, maybe once a fortnight, to inspire me to do something creative. 

Oh and I did two buckets (Ooh matron, etc) on holiday in Rhodes last year with what turned out to be Russian police officers. 

I always found it got my juices flowing too. The jam sessions we used to have after a good smoke were fucking legendary in our own minds.

I don't want to go down the "RPs Tinfoil Hat of Doom" route (no offence fella), but as much as I'd like to believe if it was found to have have beneficial qualities that it would be made freely available, I can't help but feel that the people who profit from disease would do all they could to suppress it.

I'm getting supercynical in my old age. I'm finding it difficult to see something good without thinking "some rich cunt is going to put the kibosh on that".

Nothing remotely tin foil hat about it. It's most apparent in America. Big time drug dealers doing deals with people high up in the police and/or government, pharmaceuticals with their drugs to push, and a jail industry to exploit. Why would they ever legalise it?

• Upvote 2