You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This Legalise Cannabis campaign

Gnasher

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/petition-legalise-cannabis-britain-gets-6135130

A word of warning for anyone thinking of signg the petition.

I started out on a little puff off weed, moved on to a dab of speed then on to a couple of ecstasy pills then on to heroin then on to crack cocaine. What a fucking good night that was.

I've signed.

I find cannabis users in the UK to be slimy little fellas who wear trackies, sit in Maccies car parks revving their engines, have staffs and have that weird haircut where it's not long enough to gel but they gel it anyway. I've never done it, have never had an inclination to do it and hate the smell when others smoke it. I'm probably generalising but there you go.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I think it's an age thing.

Great when you're young and a superb laugh; different to a laugh with your mates over booze. It's another window, another learning curve, another vehicle to gain insights into different things and view life from another perspective.

If you're a borderline insomniac like me at times then it provides the greatest nights of sleep of your life, and an experience of being comatosed which is only topped by an anaesthetist or having recently finished a night shift.

I can never shake the feeling it's fucking weird when people still smoke it regularly deep into their twenties though, let alone late thirties and beyond, as several mates of mine do.

That's probably because the capacity to consume it endlessly with pleasant effect seems to abandon a massive percentage of people sometime in the early twenties range in my experience, as that total shit The Fear rears it's ugly face, and I probably secretly resent them on some levels for not being a pussy as well.

Even still though, don't see where it could ever fit into my life now; young man's game, and a fucking great fun one at that.

No stoner ever started a fight with someone minding their own business, on the pretext of having spilled his packet of Hob Nobs, and for that reason alone while booze is legal it should never be illegal to have a chuff and enjoy yourself, in my humble.

Some of the best times of my life spent on weed; golden days.

• Upvote 2

I hope they legalize it just so I can have a few joints every now and then. Wouldn't want to smoke it constantly though. Occasionally it'd even lift depression as well (definitely wouldn't "recommend" weed for depression though, with each person reacting differently and all.)

I find cannabis users in the UK to be slimy little fellas who wear trackies, sit in Maccies car parks revving their engines, have staffs and have that weird haircut where it's not long enough to gel but they gel it anyway. I've never done it, have never had an inclination to do it and hate the smell when others smoke it. I'm probably generalising but there you go.

Judging by everyone I know who's into it, it's a thief of ambition, self determination and a general willingness to interact with the human race. Most of the pot heads I know only get enthusiastic about pot. You turn up to pick them up for a night out and they're sat in a pair of 20 year old lonsdale joggers covered in bacon fries.

They've also all got ambitions of being a chef or photographer but still work at Blockbuster.

• Upvote 1

Judging by everyone I know who's into it, it's a thief of ambition, self determination and a general willingness to interact with the human race. Most of the pot heads I know only get enthusiastic about pot. You turn up to pick them up for a night out and they're sat in a pair of 20 year old lonsdale joggers covered in bacon fries.

They've also all got ambitions of being a chef or photographer but still work at Blockbuster.

I find the image of the American stoner is very different to the British stoner in culture. In the US it's seen as the preserve of surfers, skateboarders and college kids. Here it's seen as university students and lizards with no hygiene.

I should win an Olympic medal for the generalising I'm doing in here.

I suppose I'm not really qualified though, given that I've never done any type of illegal drug in my life.

My concern with any illegal drugs is the fact that, being illegal, they don't have to meet any standards or carry any labelling.

If some bloke in a pub said to you  "Wanna buy a pie?  I can't say what's in it or where it came from, but it's a good pie" would you eat it?  I've got a similar attitude to most illegal drugs - if I don't know what's in it, then I'm unwilling to stick it in my body (until I'm pissed, obviously).

Legalisation and regulation - and tax! - makes perfect sense to me.

• Upvote 5

Agree with Lizzie. Defo a young man's game and it's not something I could do regularly now I'm older. Last time I smoked a good bit of weed with a few JDs I didn't enjoy it at all. The weed was far too strong and my head was all over the place thinking about sick relatives and bills and shite. Whereas when I was younger I'd be giggling my giblets off at a multitude of juvenile actions.

Again, never saw a stoner smash a blokes face in for "lukin at his burd". So it's got positives.

Each to their own. No worse a drug than alcohol IMO. But it is a gateway to other drugs. That's a fact.

Party political point scoring time, folks.

Everyone stick their badges on and get canvassing.

More like passive aggressive troll time.

Anything to prevent certain people having to explain their contradictory views, eh.

• Upvote 1

I find the attitutude to cannabis legalisation perplexing when contrasted to the attitude towards the only major party to support it.

It's almost as if there is more than one policy to consider isn't it?

You don't find it perplexing either...because you're not a simpleton.

It's almost as if there is more than one policy to consider isn't it?

Indeed, many different policies, all with the same underpinning ideology.

You don't find it perplexing either...because you're not a simpleton.

"Liberals are scum!"

"Let's liberalise things!"

Yes, I do find that perplexing. Because I'm not a simpleton.

• Upvote 1

No. That's your opinion. And it's wrong.

Nope. It's not.

I can vouch for myself and about 12 - 15 of my close friends who went from smoking grass to taking speed, e and coke.

And I'd safely say that 70-80% of people on here went the same way.

So no, you're wrong.

I find the image of the American stoner is very different to the British stoner in culture. In the US it's seen as the preserve of surfers, skateboarders and college kids. Here it's seen as university students and lizards with no hygiene.

I should win an Olympic medal for the generalising I'm doing in here.

I suppose I'm not really qualified though, given that I've never done any type of illegal drug in my life.

You've defo nailed one of the old weed sub-cultures, I'll say that. Anyone who's seen the film Tyrannosaur will recognise the lad who comes waddling out in his trackies with his dog on a lead tied around his waist as a figurehead of the movement you describe. Aspire to owning a Subaru and buy albums from Halfords with titles like "Bass, Bass, Bass; A Journey Into Bass' and 'The Bass That Ate Miami'.

Similarly, there are genuinely loads of surfers, skaters, the cooler or rougher schoolkids, bright college kids, metallers, wiggas, hippies, goths, every colour in the spectrum really of people in England doing it. Well, there was when I was growing up and we actually had distinguishable sub-cultures (when I were a lad, etc) and not what often seems to my terribly jaundiced eyes these days to just be one big, homogenised, corporate, uniformed up bland-fest.

Fuck knows, now. I'm way too old to be privy to any of it other than from any of the former lot mentioned above still doing it who I've kept in contact with; just ageing models of themselves who have mostly swapped or merged groups to a greater or lesser extent.

• Upvote 1

Nope. It's not.

I can vouch for myself and about 12 - 15 of my close friends who went from smoking grass to taking speed, e and coke.

So no, you're wrong.

So what? 100% of heroin users went from drinking milk as an infant to doing brown. Therefore breast milk is a gateway drug?

• Upvote 1

Nope. It's not.

So no, you're wrong.

So you and your mates like drugs. I dare say you'd like them just the same if cannabis didn't exist. Gateway theory is a load of shite.

I liked cannabis so much I moved over to the Netherlands in 1999. I can grow 5 plants, don't have to buy from illegal dealers and I'm not sat here with a crack pipe and needles.

• Upvote 6