Total Longo

Nostalgia

Just watched The Big Match Revisited and another master class from the reds in dispatching Big Ron’s very good West Brom side 4-0 yet during the game Bryan Robson denied Fairclough the opening goal with a fabulous diving save yet didn’t even get a booking for it 

E-bzpBOXMAQfQiV?format=jpg&name=small

Game also included a move that would have rivalled any goal ever seen at Anfield if Sammy had finished it off and wouldn’t have looked out of place on any clip from the Brazil side of 1970

Move is right at start of clip ….

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Just watched The Big Match Revisited and another master class from the reds in dispatching Big Ron’s very good West Brom side 4-0 yet during the game Bryan Robson denied Fairclough the opening goal with a fabulous diving save yet didn’t even get a booking for it 

Game also included a move that would have rivalled any goal ever seen at Anfield if Sammy had finished it off and wouldn’t have looked out of place on any clip from the Brazil side of 1970

Best not to mention Terry Mac's 'tackle' either!!!!

22 minutes ago, Special K said:

Best not to mention Terry Mac's 'tackle' either!!!!

I thought I’d leave that bit out….Pretty grim tackle to be fair and to think Hansen used to say the midfield around then could all put their foot in apart from Terry Mac 

s-l300.jpg

I loved these in the 80s. mad little comic strips of footy. There was the 'Nearly Man' about a guy who touted his services as  striker helping relegation fodder but never ever winning anything, there was Stark the football mercenary who got cash in hand to play for teams when they needed them most and the tales about United, a fictitious northern team whose players were always falling out.

Boss days.

On 04/09/2021 at 13:31, Stickman said:

Kenny playing a different game to everyone else.

On 28/08/2015 at 21:47, boomer39 said:

assume you didnt listen to radio  city on 15/4/1989... that c--t was commentating... disgrace...

I have no recollection of this whatsoever, does anyone know what Tyldesley said? I'm guessing he went down the Police lies route about the gate being forced open, as did Motson.