You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

I'm sure there might be a marginal gain in having all the players on one site but not convinced it is £50m important.

I live not far from Melwood and there will be a scrap over those 160 houses as well , as the traffic up Mill Lane to the Jolly Miller is ridiculous after somebody agreeing a shit load of new houses on the Holly Lodge site and across the road.

I'll be amazed if anyone moves onto that Holly lodge site myself, have a gander at their prices. Had a look myself and it's convinced me (as if I needed it) that the housing market will collapse soon.

They'll struggle to get that permission for them 160 on Melwood, it will cripple the infrastructure around there

I'll be amazed if anyone moves onto that Holly lodge site myself, have a gander at their prices. Had a look myself and it's convinced me (as if I needed it) that the housing market will collapse soon.

They'll struggle to get that permission for them 160 on Melwood, it will cripple the infrastructure around there

Barratt site by me in Anfield built a few years ago, crazy money 130/180k to live off Mill Rd ?

Apart from the fact I wouldn't touch a Barrett house ( worked for them years ago ) anyone with that type of money can get a better area for that money, way better. If I was buying a house and had a 180k mortgage I would be buying a fixer upper in a nicer area. There were a lot of incentives to be fair but still crazy.

I rent out my old house in Tuebrook ahouse in that road was bought in 2011 for 72k similar condition it is in now, just sold for half that.

• 4 weeks later...

Liverpool’s American owners have slapped a stunning £1billion price tag on the club after preliminary buy-out talks.

Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal that leading financier Amanda Staveley, who has strong links to billionaires in the Middle East, made initial soundings about the club’s availability on Sunday.

Staveley, who runs PCP Capital Partners, a fund with global assets of more than £28billion.

She was at the 1-1 draw between Newcastle and Liverpool on a fact-finding mission - and has made previous attempts to acquire the Mersey giants.

The 44-year-old was involved with Dubai investors in takeover attempts in 2007 which were ultimately aborted, and last year her firm made a joint offer for a share of the club with Chinese company Everbright Limited – but it was rejected by the Reds’ current owners, the Fenway Sports Group.

Staveley was instrumental in Sheikh Mansour’s purchase of Manchester City in 2008 and knows that Liverpool is on the radar of the Middle East billionaires anxious to invest in a leading English club.

But Fenway, who bought the club seven years ago for £300m, are looking for a major return on their investment and will only sell for the right price.

FSG wouldn't sell us for 1 billion. They priced a minority stake in the club at 1 billion about a year ago... from a Chinese consortium.

exactly, with the new TV deal being done next year there is no way they are bailing out when there are rumours of big american companies getting involved. They can do nothing and continue to make money off us. That includes not investing in the squad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4943592/Manchester-United-looking-Old-Trafford-expansion-plans.html

Big club acting like big club.

If this was rumoured to be us, FSG, would already be telling us how much it was gonna cost and why we can’t have it because the fans won’t pay for it and corporate boxes don’t sell as well when situated behind the goal. Forgetting that we’re already paying top dollar to watch this gang of retards every other week.

FSG wouldn't sell us for 1 billion. They priced a minority stake in the club at 1 billion about a year ago... from a Chinese consortium. 

We have no real idea what deal they would strike with any potential investor. Who knows whether there is anyone prepared to buy out FSG in full or there are just those interested in taking a minority stake,  The valuations being passed around are just back of a fag packet numbers . Some very highly paid people will be looking at the balance sheet, P+L and earnings potential right now, It's the last one that is tricky because a lot hinges on success on the pitch; in particular CL qualifications,  Any sale or part sale will be heavily caveated to cover the first few years under new ownership in much the same way add -on's are triggered in player sales,  Any figures we do get to hear about will never be the true valuation or the final price paid . I think on balance FSG will get out.  They have owned us for quite some time now ; 7 years heading up a turnaround business is probably longer than they envisaged and whether it's 1 billion or whatever there is going to be a very healthy return for them .

My heart agrees with Grinch when he says new owners are the only chance we have of competing but I fear new investors will see the FSG model and judge they too can follow a similar path and hit another jackpot . Frying pans and fires are probably the order of the day   

especially if it's a Chinese consortium and the irony may well be when , in a couple of years time, we wistfully dream of the halcyon days of FSG !

• Upvote 1

Profits being swallowed up by transfer fees could be another factor. They got us on the cheap anyway. If they sold for a billion they'd still make a 700m profit. Works out to 100M per season they've owned us with just a single trophy to show for it. Pretty good going. You could get title winning Leicester for far less

Good to see the Echo drawing light on this now -- however meaningless it proves. Hicks and Gillett were displaced by their own financial incompetence: FSG will make no such mistake. Hicks & Gillett were the emotional, buccaneering cartoon cowboys. Henry, with his slits-for-eyes, is every inch the cold calculating capitalist. FSG will leave on their own terms.

What that article fails to mention from a spend point of view is the salary bill: I'd wager Arsenal's is significantly higher than ours (they have, at least, shown ambition to have Sanchez/Oezil on mega-contracts). Factor the wages in, and United/Chelsea/City don't merit even mentioning in the same bracket as ourselves.