You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Have you never heard of management fees? Do you not think that FSG are taking money from the club in the form of management fees and that is why it appears that FSG and the club are not making money. FSG will charge the club a management fee which can be many many many millions each year. FSG are one company that owns another company and by time they take their cut or fee it appears as though the club are operating at a loss.

Have you heard of accounts? If they are taking management fees, these will be in the accounts.

While it may be true that LFC made a loss on paper it doesn't mean that loss wasn't as a result of LFCs parent company taking management fees out of it and then lending its own money back to the club to keep it in the black. Edit: How can a club that hasn't made a profit for years firstly stay in business and secondly justify spending the huge amounts of money it has on transfer fees and wages.

Did he mention China?

What bit about the current owners wiping out the acquisition debt built up by the other 2 yanks? And did you miss the fact that RBS actually refused to finance the club so it would have gone into administration if FSG hadnt of bought the club?

Guest Super Sub

What bit about the current owners wiping out the acquisition debt built up by the other 2 yanks? And did you miss the fact that RBS actually refused to finance the club so it would have gone into administration if FSG hadnt of bought the club?

Wasn't talking about the other 2 talking about FSG. If the club was losing money as has been stated then they wouldn't have invested money into the stadium. The accounts don't give a detailed account of the clubs financial activity.

• Downvote 1

Wasn't talking about the other 2 talking about FSG. If the club was losing money as has been stated then they wouldn't have invested money into the stadium. The accounts don't give a detailed account of the clubs financial activity.

In others words, you havent a fucking clue.

• Upvote 2

Guest Super Sub

In others words, you havent a fucking clue.

A clue about what?

What I am saying is that if anyone believes FSG aren't making money from the club is deluded. How do you think companies move money from one company to another they can't take money in the form of profits and put them into the other companies account as that is illegal. Therefore they move money from one company to another company in the form of fees. When cancer and aids owned us there was a 50 million cost for stadium designs do you think the designs really cost that much money or do you think they put that cost onto the club for giving an architect company a phone call to said architects and asked them to draw nice drawings.

A clue about what?

What I am saying is that if anyone believes FSG aren't making money from the club is deluded. How do you think companies move money from one company to another they can't take money in the form of profits and put them into the other companies account as that is illegal. Therefore they move money from one company to another company in the form of fees. When cancer and aids owned us there was a 50 million cost for stadium designs do you think the designs really cost that much money or do you think they put that cost onto the club for giving an architect company a phone call to said architects and asked them to draw nice drawings.

Hedge fund companies (especially in the US) do this a lot, it's how Mitt Romney got so rich. However we've seen no evidence that FSG is doing this with LFC. It's entirely possible they're intent on making money off the team by selling up at some point. 

Whether they're taking management fees or not is largely irrelevant as they are not engaging in the blatant stripping and leveraging we've seen by some owners. 

The problem with FSG is that they're simply not ambitious about results on the pitch, and that is mostly down to seeing us as an investment rather than a "prestige" project. 

Guest Super Sub

Hedge fund companies (especially in the US) do this a lot, it's how Mitt Romney got so rich. However we've seen no evidence that FSG is doing this with LFC. It's entirely possible they're intent on making money off the team by selling up at some point.

Whether they're taking management fees or not is largely irrelevant as they are not engaging in the blatant stripping and leveraging we've seen by some owners.

The problem with FSG is that they're simply not ambitious about results on the pitch, and that is mostly down to seeing us as an investment rather than a "prestige" project.

The fact that they have fronted over a hundred million of their own money into a club that is apparently making a loss is proof enough.

Whether they are good or bad owners is another matter all together.

The fact that they have fronted over a hundred million of their own money into a club that is apparently making a loss is proof enough.

Whether they are good or bad owners is another matter all together.

Proof of what?

That they're taking management fees? 

Not proof at all. Anyone who owns a business that is losing money has already "fronted" their own money into it (they're the owners hence their money). 

The fact that the club is losing money doesn't prove anything at all about whether they are taking fees. 

I'm pissed as a fart and been on a bender since Thursday so I will be typing mostly shite

However I look at the teams that have played the last few games then I see other teams with some of our ex players playing and see the players ostracised think what could still have been.

Reina Kelly agger Sakho Enrique Gerrard alonso mascherano sterling Suarez Torres

Defence is shit but wouldn't matter with that front 6

I hate autocorrect its took me nearly an hour to type this shit on my cunting fucking twat phone

• Upvote 1

Guest Super Sub

Proof of what?

That they're taking management fees?

Not proof at all. Anyone who owns a business that is losing money has already "fronted" their own money into it (they're the owners hence their money).

The fact that the club is losing money doesn't prove anything at all about whether they are taking fees.

It is standard procedure how else are they going to get money from LFC FSGs account? You don't need proof it is what happens.

Guest Super Sub

..., although not as culpable as the manager and committee for signing absolute shite

I concur. With the right committee and manager then with all the money we have spent we would be up there.

We are too much of a shithouse club.

We get bummed by every cunt in the transfer market

We get bummed by the fa and we get bummed by refs

We need a fucking winner in the dugout and a board with some bollocks

How we ever lost the Suarez case v vera is a remarkable feat.

We have turn into the biggest shithouse club I've ever seen

From board to manager to players - biggest gang of shithouses I've ever seen

• Upvote 1

They served their purpose and saved us from administration. They got us on the cheap. Time for them to move on with £150m profit from their initial £220m investment. They as much as Rodgers are holding us back. I don't beleive that their are no billionaires out there that would not be interested in buying us for around £450m.

Our next owners more than anything need to be ambitious.

• Upvote 2

They served their purpose and saved us from administration. They got us on the cheap. Time for them to move on with £150m profit from their initial £220m investment. They as much as Rodgers are holding us back. I don't beleive that their are no billionaires out there that would not be interested in buying us for around £450m.

Our next owners more than anything need to be ambitious.

So, the financial fermi paradox then?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1