You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Suarez was on a very modest contract when he signed. His contract was increased in line with his performances and stature.

You seem to be confusing paying players what they're worth with paying them just so they'd sign for us where they'd otherwise sign for another club for far less.

you are Ian Ayre and I claim my £5

Suarez was on a very modest contract when he signed. His contract was increased in line with his performances and stature.

You seem to be confusing paying players what they're worth with paying them just so they'd sign for us where they'd otherwise sign for another club for far less.

The reason players will choose Barcelona, Chelsea, et al over us is because they feel more likely to win honours there.

Until you start regularly winning honours, you're going to end up paying slightly over the odds, and that's just the way the cookie crumbles. If FSG are upset with that then they need to start helping us fucking win something.

• Upvote 3

If FSG aren't shit, or something approaching shit, who else is to blame for the fact that we have only won one trophy in their tenure (and that being a league cup)?

The managers? Well, they employed them. They are the ones who decided to fuck off Pelligrini for Rodgers.

The players? Well, they are the ones who have implemented this smart arse transfer policy.

Their entire management of the club has been fucking awful from and on-the-field perspective. 

• Upvote 3

going off a few recent posts on this thread, I reckon I'm safe in guessing a lot of posters on here have never negotiated a massive pay increase for the levels of work they've put in over the years for the company they've worked at or are looking to move too

going off a few recent posts on this thread, I reckon I'm safe in guessing a lot of posters on here have never negotiated a massive pay increase for the levels of work they've put in over the years for the company they've worked at or are looking to move too

Thats not what you're suggesting though.

You're saying that somebody who's never worked for the company and has actively shown a reluctance to work for you should be given a massive pay offer, well above market value, to convince them to join.

Your scenario above would better suit Suarez who was given two pay increases based on his body of work for the club.

The other thing to consider with that approach is the risk of setting an artificially inflated base line.

You sign a player for 20/30/40k a week more than market value then the rest of the squad will position itself in and around that value when it comes to contract negotiatiions.

Players with equal pay clauses will all jump to that inflated fee, contracts are all inflated off the back of it.

No, it's just the reason why clubs tend not to bow to whim of supporters and are hampered by the realities of business rather than fantasy.

We get to say sign him, pay him that, sell him for this and buy him for this amount whilst also saying football is pricing us out, we shouldn't be charged for this, why do we need these as sponsors.

Easiest thing in the world being an armchair owner/manager.

No, it's just the reason why clubs tend not to bow to whim of supporters and are hampered by the realities of business rather than fantasy.

We get to say sign him, pay him that, sell him for this and buy him for this amount whilst also saying football is pricing us out, we shouldn't be charged for this, why do we need these as sponsors.

Easiest thing in the world being an armchair owner/manager.

A valid point that we somehow contradicted by chasing Charlie Adam (groans) over two transfer windows.

How hard could that deal possibly have been

Costly too for some of us. I understand most of the intracacies, obviously not as clearly as you seem to but pretty much. Basically our only hope is giving Klopp a lot of time ( a given ) backing him within reason and building in time. A project so to speak but you know as you stated that most fans won't wait and expect football manager style signings. We're all fed up with the way things have gone in the last 25 years, Klopp for me is probably our last hope without the oligarch or middle eastern dictatorship. I understand we cannot compete with certain clubs but we are a massive global club and a bit more ambition isn't too much to ask is it ?

To be honest and back to on the pitch activities and at the risk of being more repetitive we should be able to improve certain positions to a huge extent simply by employing people who can do their job. Steady, functional experienced players in certain positions should be a given. Far lesser teams with far lesser managers can achieve it. A solid keeper and a defensive midfielder should not break the bank, so too a vpcompetent left back and a partner for Matip. Thus any money we do spend should be at the business end of the pitch.

I agree, consistency in our approach and good decisions as well as patience on the part of supporters will go along way.

It's no good us looking at it as 20+ years without a title and judging new managers/players on that time span.

It serves nobody to hold them accountable for the mistakes that came before them and they have to be judged on their own performances.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

For what it's worth I actually think they will back him this summer to an extent, I do for some reason. Think they may try and make a point. Why ? Just a hunch.

We can still shift a few players for good money like last summer and hopefully Klopp has/can identify players that will significantly improve us. He simply must be able to as we need so much improvement and he is a top manager isn't he. I live in hope.

I agree, consistency in our approach and good decisions as well as patience on the part of supporters will go along way.

It's no good us looking at it as 20+ years without a title and judging new managers/players on that time span.

It serves nobody to hold them accountable for the mistakes that came before them and they have to be judged on their own performances.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

This is the way we have to go with Klopp and he deserves patience and time to do it. Maybe reaching two finals in his first season was actually a negative based on the fast food diet the modern football fan craves?

I don't think they're shit. They need to provide cash for Kloppo to strengthen but I've heard there's cash there but klopp doesn't want to spend yet. They've pumped loads of cash into the club.

Indeed they have... how fortunate for them that they got the club for tupence hapenny and they will sell it for a billion quid... far more than they have pumped in!

• Downvote 1