Quantcast
FSG are not shit - Page 189 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Dave D

FSG are not shit

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

When John Henry made these comments a month ago - 'We need to get healthy. We need Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain back, we need a healthy Lallana. And I would guess we will see more of Divock next year' - I was surprised more wasn't made of it, because it struck me that he'd pretty much already decided that Klopp was going to have to make the best of what we have. FSG have learnt a lot since they've been here, but they seem to need to learn it the hard way. 

Anyone that thinks FSG would put a block or say no to Klopp wanting a player need their head tested.

He has full control of all footballing decisions otherwise he wouldn't be here.

9 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Can you give some examples of “strengthening from a position of strength”?

We only bought Dalglish with the Keegan money.

Often we bought cheap young players like Rush and Hansen and then gradually eased them in.

Moreno and Sturridge have both left the club. At the very least, we should have brought in replacements for them without spending silly money.

You can always and should be aiming to improve your squad.

2 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Anyone that thinks FSG would put a block or say no to Klopp wanting a player need their head tested.

He has full control of all footballing decisions otherwise he wouldn't be here.

Yes, and anyone who thinks he has full control of the budget also needs their head tested.

• Upvote 2

Klopp has worked miracles with our first team and our squad and appointing him is the best thing they've done by far. I think every fan has full confidence in Klopp and his staff to get the best from our players but many are sceptical of keeping enough players fit given our recent record of injuries. We were so close in the league so it would be nice if we didnt have to leave anything to chance.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

They are still shit.

I don't know about shit but for me the jury is still very much out on them. 

On 27/07/2019 at 17:21, gkmacca said:

When John Henry made these comments a month ago - 'We need to get healthy. We need Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain back, we need a healthy Lallana. And I would guess we will see more of Divock next year' - I was surprised more wasn't made of it, because it struck me that he'd pretty much already decided that Klopp was going to have to make the best of what we have. FSG have learnt a lot since they've been here, but they seem to need to learn it the hard way. 

I seemed to be the only one who did

• Downvote 1

I remember about them talking about raising our revenues so we could invest in the squad, well we're not raising them much more than last season. 

Approx £80m total net spend under Klopp, which is criminal when you look not only at the clubs we have to compete against, but the fact we're the 7th richest club in the world, and we're being outspent by Villa and Brighton.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Horus said:

I remember about them talking about raising our revenues so we could invest in the squad, well we're not raising them much more than last season. 

Approx £80m total net spend under Klopp, which is criminal when you look not only at the clubs we have to compete against, but the fact we're the 7th richest club in the world, and we're being outspent by Villa and Brighton.

We've actually just about outspent Brighton since Klopp took over, but not by much. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Daisy said:

We've actually just about outspent Brighton since Klopp took over, but not by much. 

Apologies to FSG; I feel ashamed at the misinformation I'm spreading about them!

They run the club with more financial sense and business practice than the last two sets of owners which isn't hard to be honest. I do like the way they have increased the club revenues and we aren't massively in debt. They had the sense to hire Klopp but he is a perfect fit for them as he is good at working to a budget and is interested in developing young players. We offered the job to Ancelotti but he turned it down because he believed that we needed to spend shitloads to get the spine of the team to a decent level. 

I do wonder what they will do once Klopp leaves because there won't be another manager out there like him who will match up to their ethos. There might be one that emerges in the next couple of years but at the moment I'd only say Pochettino would fit their model. He'll either still be at Spurs or in Italy or Spain by then. 

We are a million times better off now than when Hodgson was here and then Kenny Dalglish bought some poor players. I honestly never thought we'd be in a position to challenge for the league for a long time, never mind the European Cup. Thank god we have Jurgen Klopp.

What annoys me about them is that they are ridiculously over cautious about certain things and always try to downplay everything. The tiresome stories they feed to the Echo over transfers are annoying,  they like to lower the expectations of the fans but want to make money from being successful. We are still a selling club, it's just that we are European Champions and no one wants to leave.

They have done far too much arsing about over the stadium issues.  Charging people money to stay on the season ticket waiting list just seems a cynical way of making cash when they don't seem to have any proactive plan to redevelop Anfield and they were fully aware of how many people wanted to watch us. They are not interested in the people who sell their tickets on sites to make money, a lot still seem to go to Thomas Cook. Also taking tickets from away fans who have attended hundreds of aways to give them to corporates is shite. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Horus said:

Apologies to FSG; I feel ashamed at the misinformation I'm spreading about them!

It was an easy mistake to make. A team as small as Brighton with revenues less than 1/3 of ours and profit levels 1/10 the level of ours should really not be able to afford the same level of spending as us pretty much. 

FSG must be proper confused

• Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Out. After about a decade! 

Indeed.  Five crap/mixed years followed by four good/great ones, nothing wrong with still being undecided on the owners especially when it's entirely possible that Klopp is the glue holding everything together. 

1)Man City are owned by a country for soft power purposes.

2) Liverpool are owned by stats geek's that like to operate "prudently ".

3) Chelsea are owned by a dodgy Russian banned from the country.

4) Spurs are owned are a tax exile who is just as prudent as FSG.

5) Arsenal are owned by some yank that is trolling them.

6) Man Utd are owned by inbreds milking the club for every last can't.

7) Everton are owned by the richest man alive and his richer buddy.

We have waited 30 years for the league so I wouldn't look down my nose at anyone that would turn a blind eye to a bit of Saudi journalist mutilation if meant we signed Mbappe. Personally I wouldn't swap FSG for anyone on that list or for any dodgy state looking to polish their image in the West. They're far from perfect but I guarantee when we look back in 30 years time they will have done a much better job than guys following them.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I do wonder what they will do once Klopp leaves because there won't be another manager out there like him who will match up to their ethos.

I reckon they’re grooming young Pepin for just this eventuality.

9 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I reckon they’re grooming young Pepin for just this eventuality.

They will know they're screwed, so guarantee it will be Stevie to keep the fans quiet.

57 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Dragging their heels over getting Big Game  James signed up - obviously they won't give him a new contract on the same money so he'll be off in the next 12 months.

I think they are absolutely correct regarding Milner. Our midfield is pretty crowded and has a fair amount of quality too. I think Milner needs us just as much as we need him. Short term contract is the only sensible move.

FSG are the luckiest bunch of cunts in football. Bought us for dirt cheap, and are now are making an absolute mint from the club, and they got a genius as manager who is making miracles happen. Give them any other club and another manager, they would be run out of town.

• Upvote 2

They're American capitalists. They're always going to look at investing as little as possible whilst maximising their returns.

I hate American capitalists with a passion but if we are shit this season it won't be down to FSG. I will put the blame down to the shitty international tournaments over the summer causing fatigue with our best players. It's just a tad unlucky that our best players are with successful national sides. 

I think a combo of a CL hangover and the internationals will see us struggle and end up around 4th/5th end of season with a possible League cup or FA cup final. We won't win anything. But next year we'll be right back at it. 

29 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Give them any other club and another manager, they would be run out of town.

Well, they had a completely different club and Hodgson not so long ago - pretty lucky these.