You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Football moves pretty quick.

Imagine 2 seasons from now where FSG have sold up, Klopp has left and we've sold Salah and Mane among others

Maybe we would be even stronger then but I somehow doubt it.

Our current structure is pretty much bloody perfect 

33 minutes ago, Dave D said:

We just have to hope that when they inevitably cash-in that the next lot are as savvy as them.

Savvy owners would swerve buying us for 2 billion, and buy Newcastle for 200 million and turn them into a 2 billion club. 

I can't fucking stand them. never liked them, never been convinced by them. They are fortunate Klopp is good at squeezing everything out of what he has.

They didn't save us. they bought us on the cheap and saw an opportunity. Every penny we earn go to the stakeholders. I work for a similar company, profits go in the pocket and only occasionally, strategically go into moving the business forward.

This lot will be happy with top 4 this year and a good CL run, just to keep the coffers flowing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Aventus said:

Savvy owners would swerve buying us for 2 billion, and buy Newcastle for 200 million and turn them into a 2 billion club. 

No, we're ready for the next level. Turn us into a 4 billion pound club

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I can't fucking stand them. never liked them, never been convinced by them. They are fortunate Klopp is good at squeezing everything out of what he has.

They didn't save us. they bought us on the cheap and saw an opportunity. Every penny we earn go to the stakeholders. I work for a similar company, profits go in the pocket and only occasionally, strategically go into moving the business forward.

This lot will be happy with top 4 this year and a good CL run, just to keep the coffers flowing.

Out of interest, what would convince you?

26 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Out of interest, what would convince you?

Solid squad building and Anfield expansion.

Its quite clear Jurgen is on a leash, or lest a budget. I don't believe for ONE second that Jurgen wouldn't go out and buy at least one or two names for this team. I certainly don't believe that Klopp doesn't like buying, its just systematic of the enforced budget of his last few clubs.

We have only spent big when we have sold big. Torres, Sterling, Suarez, Coutinho. I've never seen us take the initiative in the transfer market apart from Fabihno, and that was on the back of losing Can and Coutinho.

I think they are a bunch of businessmen who struck lucky - a manager whose prepared to make do (and he's done a great job) but who never seems to have all the tools at his disposal.

I really expected this CL to be the base for a build, not the summit. I've never known a Liverpool team to not sign first team players to push for competition.

I refuse to include OX, lallana or Gomez until all three complete one full season.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Its quite clear Jurgen is on a leash, or lest a budget. I don't believe for ONE second that Jurgen wouldn't go out and buy at least one or two names for this team. I certainly don't believe that Klopp doesn't like buying, its just systematic of the enforced budget of his last few clubs.

We have only spent big when we have sold big. Torres, Sterling, Suarez, Coutinho. I've never seen us take the initiative in the transfer market apart from Fabihno, and that was on the back of losing Can and Coutinho.

I think they are a bunch of businessmen who struck lucky - a manager whose prepared to make do (and he's done a great job) but who never seems to have all the tools at his disposal.

I really expected this CL to be the base for a build, not the summit. I've never known a Liverpool team to not sign first team players to push for competition.

I refuse to include OX, lallana or Gomez until all three complete one full season.

You make some good points. Net spend of about £30 million a year isn’t it? Not great.

Klopp knew full well what he was getting into and seems to buy into it fully. On occasion contradicting himself by lamenting big transfer fees them breaking them to sign players.

Anfield has been expanded- maybe they could have expanded further but not spent out on transfers.

To be able to do both quickly is Oil Baron territory.

I certainly expected first team signings this summer, strike while the iron is hot etc and maybe that will still happen (particularly regards the front 3) but I get the impression its Klopp that makes those decisons and isnt refused them by FSG.

Thats not to say he is always right but I would trust him.

10 games in and we arent firning on all cylinders then I guess we will see where the mud sticks if we sign no-one          

4 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

You make some good points. Net spend of about £30 million a year isn’t it? Not great.

I have no beef with FSG making money, none at all, as long as the squad is regularly serviced and supported.

But we hardly buy in the summer and practically do no business in winter. They must be laughing their cocks off.

We have Klopp in the Echo tonight with an exclusive about how he's got the perfect team, lallana a new player, yadda yadda, Ox is a new signing blah fucking blah, but it was only 24 hours ago he was moaning about how much football has to be played. Make your fucking mind up.

1 minute ago, Dave D said:

Klopp knew full well what he was getting into and seems to buy into it fully. On occasion contradicting himself by lamenting big transfer fees them breaking them to sign players.

Anfield has been expanded- maybe they could have expanded further but not spent out on transfers.

To be able to do both quickly is Oil Baron territory.

I certainly expected first team signings this summer, strike while the iron is hot etc and maybe that will still happen (particularly regards the front 3) but I get the impression its Klopp that makes those decisons and isnt refused them by FSG.

Thats not to say he is always right but I would trust him.

10 games in and we arent firning on all cylinders then I guess we will see where the mud sticks if we sign no-one          

Fair points Dave. I have lofty, entitled expectations having dined on the finest as a kid growing up, so the changing face of footy is hard to take.

These days footy is more ruthless than ever and it doesn't take much for things to turn, as Klopp found out at Dortmund.

7 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Agreed.

I also think part of Klopps team build centres around loyalty- to the likes of Lallana and Ox- maybe sometimes to his detriment given their fragility.

Both are good players, Gomez is a heck of a player. But if they ant on the field they are no use to anybody.

5 hours ago, Agt Provocateur said:

And still the Anfield Road End isn't being flattened - with all this money floating around that has to become a priority. 

Dragging their heels like fuck on the Annie road. They purchased the club 9 yrs ago with a commitment to sort out the stadium issues. 7 yrs ago they made the correct decsion to stay and redevelop Anfield with 2 phases of redevelopment announced. Phase 1 was completed 3 years ago but since the 77 quid ticket kick back,FSG seemed to have cooled on the idea on finishing the job they promised in 2010.

Now it's all vague comments about feasibility. It will cost 60 million quid which is a drop in the ocean with the money fsg have/will make out of LFC when they eventually sell up. 

I was of the opinion that this would start after new training ground was finished but am starting to wonder if FSG have any appetite to fulfil their promise made in 2010 and another comment from Tom Werner regarding no decision made on the matter worries me. 

They made the decision to redevelop Anfield rd 7 yrs ago (along with main stand) rather than build a new stadium so to be still erring is becoming an pisstake imo. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

Dragging their heels like fuck on the Annie road. They purchased the club 9 yrs ago with a commitment to sort out the stadium issues. 7 yrs ago they made the correct decsion to stay and redevelop Anfield with 2 phases of redevelopment announced. Phase 1 was completed 3 years ago but since the 77 quid ticket kick back,FSG seemed to have cooled on the idea on finishing the job they promised in 2010.

Now it's all vague comments about feasibility. It will cost 60 million quid which is a drop in the ocean with the money fsg have/will make out of LFC when they eventually sell up. 

I was of the opinion that this would start after new training ground was finished but am starting to wonder if FSG have any appetite to fulfil their promise made in 2010 and another comment from Tom Werner regarding no decision made on the matter worries me. 

They made the decision to redevelop Anfield rd 7 yrs ago (along with main stand) rather than build a new stadium so to be still erring is becoming an pisstake imo. 

The planning permission expires in September but that was for an extra 4000 seats to bring us up to 58850. We will find out soon enough if they have any intention or just keep getting their lackeys at the Echo to release a vague Everton stadium style article every month.

The houses have been flattened and the groundwork has been done there during the main stand rebuild. 

They did say that the club will have to be in the Champions League a few years on the run for them to fund it. Basically they wanted it paid for itself. I also remember Ian Ayre going on about some bollocks fan funding for it. Basically anything to avoid FSG paying out.

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Haven't we done both of these things?  

Seriously? I don't call selling your star attacking midfielder to buy a defender and a keeper, solid squad building. I don't call giving an attacker we've been desperate to get rid of for two years, a new contract, squad building. I don't call promoting a 19 year old untried kid to the first team to replace any of our injured front three, squad building.

People bang on about Shaqiri as well, the lad couldn't buy a game from Klopp after christmas.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Seriously? I don't call selling your star attacking midfielder to buy a defender and a keeper, solid squad building. I don't call giving an attacker we've been desperate to get rid of for two years, a new contract, squad building. I don't call promoting a 19 year old untried kid to the first team to replace any of our injured front three, squad building.

People bang on about Shaqiri as well, the lad couldn't buy a game from Klopp after christmas.

Err what? Selling a player who had been here for 5 years, wanted to leave and had won us nothing for the third highest fee of all time and buying two crucial players in positions of need with the resulting money isn't solid squad building? It's one of the smartest pieces of business in football in the last decade. 

• Upvote 6

I think there is definitely something to the argument that FSG having seen the value of their investment in the club increase massively could do a bit more in increasing the capacity of the stadium (Anny Road end) and having cheaper tickets available to fans.

However, we have seen that they are generally only willing to spend what the club earns, after an initial injection of funds.

When it comes to wages and transfers, we've again seen that they will only spend what the club earns.  This is also the rules under FFP, unless you want them to cook the books Man City style.

So there's the FFP thing, and also a lot of the complaining about FSG does not seem rooted in fact, which I find a little bit annoying. 

If you are going to criticise them I would like to see the facts of:  what our turnover is, what our profit and debt level is, what our wage bill is, what our turnover to wages ratio is, how that compares with other clubs, and therefore how much you think we have to spend.

Otherwise it's just shouting bollocks with nothing to back it up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Seriously?

Yes. Seriously. If you don't think we've built a squad under Klopp, you're out of your fucking mind. Seriously, it takes a two minute search to look at the two different squads. The one he inherited in 2015 vs the one that just one the European Cup and got our highest ever points total in the league. So yes, I'm serious that we have built a squad and I have to be honest, I think anybody claiming the opposite is rather deluded. And yes, we've developed Anfield too. We need to do more, but that doesn't mean we haven't done it. 

Anyway, sorry to interrupt the little bitch-fest going on in here. I'll fuck off back to watching clips of Brendan Rodgers' squad lifting the European cup. 

• Upvote 3

On 23/01/2018 at 22:08, BeefStroganoff said:

But the biggest disappointment is Klopp. His interviews are wearing thin and this pure football nonsense is pissing me off. This guy messed up last January and it looks like he's gonna do the same this time around except with more at stake.

Aye, useless. 

I just had look back at your posts. Almost your entire existence on this forum has been to have a pop at the owners. This one is the pick of the litter, though. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Aye, useless. 

I just had look back at your posts. Almost your entire existence on this forum has been to have a pop at the owners. This one is the pick of the litter, though. 

ChickenDansak > BeefStroganoff.