Quantcast
FSG are not shit - Page 181 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Dave D

FSG are not shit

52 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Klopp has already said VVD and Alisson were bought with the coutonho money and the reason the Alisson deal happened is because the money was there. It was in the interview were he went on to say don't expect more big spending. 

https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/jurgen-klopp-lfc-transfer-signings.html   ..... £93m over 7 windows according to this, so £13m a window. I have no idea why anyone thinks they will be breaking the bank this summer. 

I'm on my phone, but  an instantly see 5 or 6 issues with their numbers

Coutinho - Full amount including all add-on

Alisson - add ons not included 

Fabinho - add ons not included

Sinclair - no fee

Teixeira - no fee

Should I trust the rest of them?

The top 3 massively skew the numbers

This does not include the costs of doing the transfer fees, like agent fees.

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

First world problems would be leaving good players out of the squad.   Needing Lallana left us with Jack shit. 

Those skinflints FSG forked out £25m for Lallana.

A £25mllion pound substitute.

Of course, it turns out hes unreliable- Fekir might be quite good- which we will need them to pay for as well- but we pulled out as we figured he might be unreliable.

Reckless behaviour

3 hours ago, Grinch said:

Losing the champions League final cause the squad was so great that Adam Lallana was needed was a great highlight. 

We are were we are cause of one man.  

So much wrongness 

• Upvote 1

I've no problem with the whole net spend thing, they said at the start this is how it will be, other things I don't like them for but there's worse out there.

• Upvote 1

I don't know how anyone can complain about net spend when they are buying players of the calibre of VVD, Salah, Fabinho et al for big money. Sure, it would be nice to have a spare player in each position of the same quality But that brings its own issues. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I don't know how anyone can complain about net spend when they are buying players of the calibre of VVD, Salah, Fabinho et al for big money. Sure, it would be nice to have a spare player in each position of the same quality But that brings its own issues. 

Very much so.

If the Ox hadnt been injured I guess that would have put Wiljnaldum or Milner on the bench in the champions league final- not game changers I grant you 

2 hours ago, Dave D said:

Those skinflints FSG forked out £25m for Lallana.

A £25mllion pound substitute.

Of course, it turns out hes unreliable- Fekir might be quite good- which we will need them to pay for as well- but we pulled out as we figured he might be unreliable.

Reckless behaviour

And we knew years ago he was of no use but here we are,  depending on him.   Up shit creek without a paddle if the front three get injured. 

But yea that's ok apparently. 

52 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

A 25 mil pound shitstitute

Should have kept Carroll for four years.   Then you could say 35m sub. 

No need to take into consideration what use they are or that it was only funded through sales. 

Grinch - much like the people who criticize Brian Colangelo's shirt collars - needs to find a new slant. Shoutout if any of ya'll know what that means.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Grinch - much like the people who criticize Brian Colangelo's shirt collars - needs to find a new slant. Shoutout if any of ya'll know what that means.

Some people care more about Liverpool Football Club then people here solely to make a profit,  you'll just have to accept that 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Some people care more about Liverpool Football Club then people here solely to make a profit,  you'll just have to accept that 

You're right, you care more than others. Must be nice being so passionate. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Never heard of the cunt,but he must wear massive collars on his shirts.

• Upvote 1

Sold Solanke for $19m.

Bloody hell.  

Not bad for a forward that doesn't score.

• Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:13 PM, Dave D said:

The giveaway being how he lined up the prawn vol-au-vonts in a 4-3-2-1 formation

Christmas tea formation.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, The Woolster said:

I'm on my phone, but  an instantly see 5 or 6 issues with their numbers

Coutinho - Full amount including all add-on

Alisson - add ons not included 

Fabinho - add ons not included

Sinclair - no fee

Teixeira - no fee

Should I trust the rest of them?

The top 3 massively skew the numbers

This does not include the costs of doing the transfer fees, like agent fees.

Tell anfield online then! 

54 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Baz pedals the fake news.

If you're trump, I'll settle for being the fella with fake news. 

On 2/11/2019 at 7:28 PM, Dr Nowt said:

“I haven’t posted for months on end, how can I remind them all what a walking talking rectum I am straight off the bat?”

Bet he's just worked out how to log in to the new site. There will be a new flood of posters following shortly.