Quantcast
FSG are not shit - Page 180 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Dave D

FSG are not shit

49 minutes ago, Slippin’ Jimmy said:

I wonder how many other clubs who weren't in the Champions League the year before spent more than that in the same season. Anyway, to me it's much more important that we have spent a lot of money now we are back in it and we have improved our deals. It looks like FSG aren't taking money out of the club, and making it available to spend when the manager wants it. Then there's the loan deal, which is pretty good. Money, unfortunately, doesn't grow on trees. 

Out of interest, Woolster, can you think of any owners in Europe who are not either backed by an oligarch type individual (like Abramovich), or state sponsored fuckery (like PSG, Manchester Oilers) who are better than these lot? I don't think they've been perfect, obviously, but I think we could be doing much, much worse. I'm not entirely sure that we could be doing much better without the types of owners I just mentioned. Can you think of anyone? I mean, the two big Spanish clubs are there but they have an entirely different income source capability. German clubs are a bit weird, and even then maybe on Bayern would be on a list and they're owned by several different large businesses. 

I dunno, my knowledge is not great on other leagues, and I would not necessarily judge on money spent, but on the processes they use (or appear to use), so its also driven by relative to their size/resources. Over here, I think Spurs, Brighton and Brentford are the standout owners for me of doing things well (other than us). Despite their criticisms, the Redbull group seem to be doing good things at both clubs. Roma seem to be doing good things too, and its not surprising they have links to FSG. Probably as far as my knowledge goes really. Atletico are obviously punching above their weight, but I have no idea about their owners or how they are run. Hard to say with Bayern and Juve because they earn so much more than others in their league.

The squad has reached a level where 30m net each summer is not a million miles away from where we need to be. Some years it will be 70m net, others it will be around 20m or lower. This summer we will probably sell 40m plus worth of players ( Grugic, Wilson, Lalanna and Origi) and buy 4 players for 100m. After that the with the way our established players are tied down it will be a low turnover of players, 1 or 2 in and out every year. That's the way it should be.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Slippin’ Jimmy said:

We've sold want away players, yes. 

Which cost a fuck load of money to replace. If we even bother trying. 

Hence why net spend is a far better barometer. 

Always the same people spouting the same old shite I see.

We've sold players who didnt want to be here and spent a 'fuck load of money to replace' them but we dont spend 'fuck loads of money' if 'we bother try.' Not sure how that particular dichotomy works!

Here's me thinking where the fuck did Wijnaldum, van Dijk, Robertson, Oxlade Chamberlane, Firminho, Salah, Mane, Keita, Allison and Fabinho out of the current team come from.

15 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Barometer of what? How well we're doing? 

Just now, dockers_strike said:

We've sold players who didnt want to be here and spent a 'fuck load of money to replace' them but we dont spend 'fuck loads of money' if 'we bother trying.' Not sure how that particular dichotomy works!

Here's me thinking where the fuck did Wijnaldum, van Dijk, Robertson, Oxlade Chamberlane, Firminho, Salah, Mane, Keita, Allison and Fabinho out of the current team come from.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

We've sold players who didnt want to be here and spent a 'fuck load of money to replace' them but we dont spend 'fuck loads of money' if 'we bother try.' Not sure how that particular dichotomy works!

That's all on Klopp. He managed to sell more beers because of his marketing ability

21 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Would that be 'factual' net spend, or actual net spend...?

16 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Where we are in the league table is also a good barometer.

Having been a Champions League finalist playing sensational football.

We're a frigging mess

44 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Having been a Champions League finalist playing sensational football.

We're a frigging mess

Losing the champions League final cause the squad was so great that Adam Lallana was needed was a great highlight. 

We are were we are cause of one man.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Losing the champions League final cause the squad was so great that Adam Lallana was needed was a great highlight. 

We are were we are cause of one man.  

First world problems and all that.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dave D said:

First world problems and all that.

First world problems would be leaving good players out of the squad.   Needing Lallana left us with Jack shit. 

On 2/10/2019 at 3:21 PM, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm neither a big critic or supporter of FSG. I think they are one of the better set of owners out there but there is not much in the way of competition to be had in that league. As for the VVD signing,its pretty obvious that he was funded by Coutinho being sold and there is little point in arguing over that. The debates come around the likes of Alisson who was either FSGs own cash or the result of spending the cash we made from the CL run last season,either way is fine by me. There is still a noticeable drop off between first choice and their replacements in some areas,GK is the biggest imo but hopefully this will continue to be worked out through Klopp's tenure at the club.

Klopp has already said VVD and Alisson were bought with the coutonho money and the reason the Alisson deal happened is because the money was there. It was in the interview were he went on to say don't expect more big spending. 

5 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/jurgen-klopp-lfc-transfer-signings.html   ..... £93m over 7 windows according to this, so £13m a window. I have no idea why anyone thinks they will be breaking the bank this summer. 

4 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

“I haven’t posted for months on end, how can I remind them all what a walking talking rectum I am straight off the bat?”