You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Always the same people spouting the same old shite I see.

We've sold players who didnt want to be here and spent a 'fuck load of money to replace' them but we dont spend 'fuck loads of money' if 'we bother try.' Not sure how that particular dichotomy works!

Here's me thinking where the fuck did Wijnaldum, van Dijk, Robertson, Oxlade Chamberlane, Firminho, Salah, Mane, Keita, Allison and Fabinho out of the current team come from.

Just now, dockers_strike said:

We've sold players who didnt want to be here and spent a 'fuck load of money to replace' them but we dont spend 'fuck loads of money' if 'we bother trying.' Not sure how that particular dichotomy works!

Here's me thinking where the fuck did Wijnaldum, van Dijk, Robertson, Oxlade Chamberlane, Firminho, Salah, Mane, Keita, Allison and Fabinho out of the current team come from.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

We've sold players who didnt want to be here and spent a 'fuck load of money to replace' them but we dont spend 'fuck loads of money' if 'we bother try.' Not sure how that particular dichotomy works!

That's all on Klopp. He managed to sell more beers because of his marketing ability

44 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Having been a Champions League finalist playing sensational football.

We're a frigging mess

Losing the champions League final cause the squad was so great that Adam Lallana was needed was a great highlight. 

We are were we are cause of one man.  

• Upvote 1

On 2/10/2019 at 3:21 PM, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm neither a big critic or supporter of FSG. I think they are one of the better set of owners out there but there is not much in the way of competition to be had in that league. As for the VVD signing,its pretty obvious that he was funded by Coutinho being sold and there is little point in arguing over that. The debates come around the likes of Alisson who was either FSGs own cash or the result of spending the cash we made from the CL run last season,either way is fine by me. There is still a noticeable drop off between first choice and their replacements in some areas,GK is the biggest imo but hopefully this will continue to be worked out through Klopp's tenure at the club.

Klopp has already said VVD and Alisson were bought with the coutonho money and the reason the Alisson deal happened is because the money was there. It was in the interview were he went on to say don't expect more big spending. 

5 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Which cost a fuck load of money to replace. If we even bother trying. 

Hence why net spend is a far better barometer. 

https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/jurgen-klopp-lfc-transfer-signings.html   ..... £93m over 7 windows according to this, so £13m a window. I have no idea why anyone thinks they will be breaking the bank this summer. 

52 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Klopp has already said VVD and Alisson were bought with the coutonho money and the reason the Alisson deal happened is because the money was there. It was in the interview were he went on to say don't expect more big spending. 

https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/jurgen-klopp-lfc-transfer-signings.html   ..... £93m over 7 windows according to this, so £13m a window. I have no idea why anyone thinks they will be breaking the bank this summer. 

I'm on my phone, but  an instantly see 5 or 6 issues with their numbers

Coutinho - Full amount including all add-on

Alisson - add ons not included 

Fabinho - add ons not included

Sinclair - no fee

Teixeira - no fee

Should I trust the rest of them?

The top 3 massively skew the numbers

This does not include the costs of doing the transfer fees, like agent fees.

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

First world problems would be leaving good players out of the squad.   Needing Lallana left us with Jack shit. 

Those skinflints FSG forked out £25m for Lallana.

A £25mllion pound substitute.

Of course, it turns out hes unreliable- Fekir might be quite good- which we will need them to pay for as well- but we pulled out as we figured he might be unreliable.

Reckless behaviour