You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

3 minutes ago, dave u said:

@Johnlj Milner didnt play against Leicester, Hendo was right back. I presume you're thinking of Palace.

No point blaming FSG for the squad or for what happened in January. It's got nothing to do with them, Klopp has full autonomy on that shit. Clyne would not have left without Klopp's say so.

Yes, ofcourse it was the Palace, my brain farted on that one. pressure is a bad thing, even affects an old man like myself. This season have that feeling of it beeing our last chance for ages to get it over the line. Even if rational thinking should be that we'll have other chances as long as Klopp is here.

I might get some stick for this as I do think Klopp is great but I'm starting to wonder if he is brilliant at setting up victory but not so good at the final delivery. Time will tell of course if we can win the League this season but it is a a bit of a pattern up to this point. 

Hopefully I am like a Aspas corner and well off target. 

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I might get some stick for this as I do think Klopp is great but I'm starting to wonder if he is brilliant at setting up victory but not so good at the final delivery. Time will tell of course if we can win the League this season but it is a a bit of a pattern up to this point. 

Hopefully I am like a Aspas corner and well off target. 

Aspas,  the other time they left us with no squad during a title challenge. 

Falling short for the same reasons we look like doing so now.  

5 minutes ago, Dave D said:

In terms of squad we added strength in depth to our midfield in Keita and Fabinho

Last night showed that its not always a guaranteed success   

Two in,  two out.   Throw In oxocubes injury,  the need to play midfielders in defence and the one position we look covered in even manages to be weaker than last season. 

Besides the balance of our midfield hasn't looked right for years.    There's complaints no matter who plays.   Jordan Henderson still easily starts FFS. 

12 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Two in,  two out.   Throw In oxocubes injury,  the need to play midfielders in defence and the one position we look covered in even manages to be weaker than last season. 

Besides the balance of our midfield hasn't looked right for years.    There's complaints no matter who plays.   Jordan Henderson still easily starts FFS. 

I hear you but no matter what spin we put on it, we should be comfortably beating West Ham and Leicester with the teams we put out- injuries or not  

2 hours ago, RobbieOR said:

When we have a stutter, fall back on the same excuses. Tiring shit. 

And those of us that pointed out the weaknesses of the squad when we were doing well? 

This summer we need to replace Lallana, Sturridge/Origi, Moreno, Mignolet and quite possibly Milner. 

Thats 5 squad players before we look to strengthen the first XI and we desperately need a CB. 

That’s a massive turnover this summer and we should have been looking to bring in a couple of those players in Jan to reduce the disruption to a minimum and give players an extra few months to settle. 

This isn’t hindsight. It’s been obvious since the start of the season. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I hear you but no matter what spin we put on it, we should be comfortably beating West Ham and Leicester with the teams we put out- injuries or not  

Not really.   If you're starting Lallana and calling on Origi to win games,  then you can't expect to beat anyone. 

We've had to bin the cups off cause there's no point in these players.   So hardly surprising we're dropping points now they're needed in the league. 

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

And those of us that pointed out the weaknesses of the squad when we were doing well? 

This summer we need to replace Lallana, Sturridge/Origi, Moreno, Mignolet and quite possibly Milner. 

Thats 5 squad players before we look to strengthen the first XI and we desperately need a CB. 

That’s a massive turnover this summer and we should have been looking to bring in a couple of those players in Jan to reduce the disruption to a minimum and give players an extra few months to settle. 

We've dropped 14 points in 25 games. It's as reactionary as it was then.

You don't get this far with a squad being as shit as you and others are saying. It's just an excuse for a moan really. 

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

Thats optimiatic.   There's no big sales this year (hopefully)   so it's a small budget and people pretending the likes of Brewster is cover. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Since when has Klopp ever bought in January? We did under Rodgers but haven't under Klopp. The players he wants are probably never available this time of year, what exactly do you want, that we sign the likes of Steven Caulker again?

3 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

We've dropped 14 points in 25 games. It's as reactionary as it was then.

You don't get this far with a squad being as shit as you and others are saying. It's just an excuse for a moan really. 

No it isn’t reactionary. 

Look at the sides and subs benches we’ve put out for the games where we’ve dropped points. 

Instead of trying to defend the owners to look ‘right on’ I’d rather they did everything to win the fucking title. 

• Upvote 1

This stuff about Clyne not playing earlier in the season...

Its almost like the players who’ve been played constantly, lets say Milner, are creaking and looking leggy.  And almost like rotation of our midfield options has been necessary to keep everyone fresh.

Both of the above would have been helped by hanging onto a decent premier league right back rather than saving his wages/keeping him happy and having to play midfielders there instead, compromising two positions.

Plus he can slot in at left back, which needs no further explanation when our current first reserve has a monkey holding a gun tattooed on his thigh and his favour colour is potato.  

Now we’re hostages to fortune, the things people warned about at the time of Clyne being loaned out are happening, and it’s still irrelevant because he didn’t play much earlier in the season. When we weren’t horribly stretched and regular picks weren’t clearly feeling the strain as we come round the bend in a title race with a 3 decade gorilla strapped to our backs.

No offence like, but what a load of bollocks. 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Since when has Klopp ever bought in January? We did under Rodgers but haven't under Klopp. The players he wants are probably never available this time of year, what exactly do you want, that we sign the likes of Steven Caulker again?

We buy in January when we sell big.    Doesn't matter who the manager is,  what trophies we're going for or what state the squad is in. 

4 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

No it isn’t reactionary. 

Look at the sides and subs benches we’ve put out for the games where we’ve dropped points. 

Instead of trying to defend the owners to look ‘right on’ I’d rather they did everything to win the fucking title. 

Col mate, we've dropped 14 points in 25 games. You're looking for perfection at this stage and it's ridiculous. 

Just now, RobbieOR said:

Col mate, we've dropped 14 points in 25 games. You're looking for perfection at this stage and it's ridiculous. 

Rob don’t be a dick mate, no one is looking for perfection. 

What pisses me and others off is seeing the manager and players give 100% and put us in with a shout of a league title win and the owners couldn’t give a fuck. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Virgil. 

Yes, he was available in January, but that's because we were publicly trying to buy him the prior summer and were told to wait. That was a particular situation. Very much doubt anybody Klopp thinks can truly improve the squad would've been available this Jan. 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Yes, he was available in January, but that's because we were publicly trying to buy him the prior summer and were told to wait. That was a particular situation. Very much doubt anybody Klopp thinks can truly improve the squad would've been available this Jan. 

Grujic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

So the solution was to spend another few hundred million over the couple of hunted we already spent? Quite the insight, mate. Of course there are players we need. But we are clear at the top of the league with the squad we have. As much as I’d love it, replacing five players for multiple hundreds of millions just isn’t realistic. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Players being available I  January is another myth. 

It's never stopped us from buying when we've made a big sale.   Players just magically become available when you've money. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

You don’t think we could have improved on...

Moreno?

Sturridge?

Origi? 

Lallana?

Mignolet?

they offer the grand total of fuck all. They could all have easily been improved onnin Jan. 

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

So the solution was to spend another few hundred million over the couple of hunted we already spent? Quite the insight, mate. Of course there are players we need. But we are clear at the top of the league with the squad we have. As much as I’d love it, replacing five players for multiple hundreds of millions just isn’t realistic. 

You need hundreds of millions to improve on Sturridge, Origi, Lallana, Moreno, Mignolet?

Of course not.  

Dont pretend otherwise.