You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

On 1/22/2019 at 12:18 PM, VladimirIlyich said:

Most teams who move to new stadiums experience a significant slump in fortune during the building and moving into a new stadium and some of that is that funds otherwise used for the playing side end up going towards building costs,extra building cost too.

I think in that regard, they've been quite clever and patient. The Main Stand will effectively pay for itself in a few more years, and I don't think it will have impacted on Transfer Funds. I suspect that is why the Anfield Road End is going a bit slower than originally anticipated.

Moves to make Anfield a multi-purpose venue and perhaps an under-estimate of demand on their behalf means they've gone back to the drawing board to ensure that it enables better concert capability & possibly a middle tier for the Corps (as there is still demand even after the Main Stand) means that it'll have a better pay back window. If it can pay for itself in a similar kind of timeframe as the Main Stand, Transfer Funds may well continue to be unimpacted by the redevelopment. 

I think that's good stewardship. 

As El Rojo said, they get the big stuff right more often than not. It's the little things - possibly due to not being football people - that they've screwed up on more often. 

Not my image, some dodgy goalposts on the far end, and likely a big screen instead of a Liver Bird... but there are suggestions this is being considered. 

8XYSJod.jpg

41 minutes ago, Mcfaggen said:

I think in that regard, they've been quite clever and patient. The Main Stand will effectively pay for itself in a few more years, and I don't think it will have impacted on Transfer Funds. I suspect that is why the Anfield Road End is going a bit slower than originally anticipated.

Moves to make Anfield a multi-purpose venue and perhaps an under-estimate of demand on their behalf means they've gone back to the drawing board to ensure that it enables better concert capability & possibly a middle tier for the Corps (as there is still demand even after the Main Stand) means that it'll have a better pay back window. If it can pay for itself in a similar kind of timeframe as the Main Stand, Transfer Funds may well continue to be unimpacted by the redevelopment. 

I think that's good stewardship. 

As El Rojo said, they get the big stuff right more often than not. It's the little things - possibly due to not being football people - that they've screwed up on more often. 

Not my image, some dodgy goalposts on the far end, and likely a big screen instead of a Liver Bird... but there are suggestions this is being considered. 

8XYSJod.jpg

There are no suggestions that is being considered. 

Its an idea put forward by someone on skyscrapercity. 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Whoever decided not to add a couple of players to the squad in the transfer window needs to have a hard look at themselves. Our stuttery results of late are the result of an entirely predictable injury crisis.

They've never spent their own money and ours went in the summer. 

You weren't expecting them to put their hands in their pocket where you?   We only have a chance to win the league 

The announcement of Gomez' injury only after the window slammed shut was the club back to its most devious worst. It's really, really predictable that Gomez/Lovren would have a spell on the sidelines (they always do), that without them we'd start shipping chances then goals then points. Just waiting for the expected niggles to VVD to compound it. Sending Clyne out beggared belief.

Just now, RobbieOR said:

When we have a stutter, fall back on the same excuses. Tiring shit. 

When the squad shows there's nothing beyond the first XI then yes,  people will continue to ask why. 

Klopps a miracle worker for what he's achieved with no point ever looking at his bench and  when one injury can cause a crisis. 

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

When the squad shows there's nothing beyond the first XI then yes,  people will continue to ask why. 

Klopps a miracle worker for what he's achieved with no point ever looking at his bench and  when one injury can cause a crisis. 

The squad has been hit by a load of injuries and unless you're stupid enough to think that squads are allowed to be of infinite size then the concept of 'stop being tight In January you cunts' is going to look extremely stupid. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Grinch said:

It's not one injury. It's TAA, Gomez, Lovren, Henderson and Wijnaldum.

The club deserve a bit of flak over the Clyne situation, but we've the best squad we've had in a long time.

1 minute ago, RobbieOR said:

The squad has been hit by a load of injuries and unless you're stupid enough to think that squads are allowed to be of infinite size then the concept of 'stop being tight In January you cunts' is going to look extremely stupid. 

It's hardly surprising that we'd get these injuries and contingencies should have been part of the season long considerations when these problems occurred. Letting Clyne go and not replacing that loss compounds those problems.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

It's hardly surprising that we'd get these injuries and contingencies should have been part of the season long considerations when these problems occurred. Letting Clyne go and not replacing that loss compounds those problems.

Clyne hardly fucking played when we had injuries earlier on in the season. As I said, extremely stupid and extremely tiring. 

Milner have now been dry prison fucked for two games in a row. Any idiot could see after the leicester game that that should have been his last performance ever at RB. Letting Clyne go is probably what is going to define our season. 

That said, predicting the future is not an easy task, but with the history of Gomez, Lolvren, Matip, letting Clyne go was a brainfart that would melt a glacier instantly. Klopp is seeing everyone in training and if he's seen Milner play rightback and still chooses to play him after getting humiliated against Leicester, then he needs his head examined. 

Klopp is a miracle worker, but right now the house is falling a part, pressure is a nasty thing. Everyone that's competed at any level knows it gets your body in a state unwilling where adrenaline can get your muscles not reacting the way you want. Besides that your head goes. God knows we have plenty of bottlers left in this squad.

Edit: what was meant to be written basically is that blaming FSG for our squad beeing injury prone or serial bottlers is not on. Blaming FSG for not opening the wallet is another matter. Whether they decided or Klopp remains unknown at this point. Noted I'm still not convinced about them, but you cannot complain about the progress the club have taken under their leadership.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

Clyne hardly fucking played when we had injuries earlier on in the season. As I said, extremely stupid and extremely tiring. 

He'd just come back into the squad and turned in a cracking performance in a position where we had an injury problem. We now have to rely on a veteran midfielder or two, with injury problems to cover that position. Not very tiring at all. I'm blaming whoever decided not to bolster a title challenging squad when the chance arose,whether that was FSG or Klopp.

• Upvote 3

@Johnlj Milner didnt play against Leicester, Hendo was right back. I presume you're thinking of Palace.

No point blaming FSG for the squad or for what happened in January. It's got nothing to do with them, Klopp has full autonomy on that shit. Clyne would not have left without Klopp's say so.

• Upvote 3