You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Earlier in the season players like the Ox and to an extent, Can, Wiljnaldum etc were often held up as not being good enough for the kind of squad we want to build, regardless of their availability.

As you say, we definitely need numbers, its the balance between potential and patience versus proven quality, not forgetting good management (eg-Pogba)

Yeah...Ox has proven a few (myself included) wrong. Can is IMO a decent squad player and losing both weakens us IMO.

For me it really does boil down to being able to make changes when covering and rotating and when looking to make changes fron the bench in games without us being significantly weakened.

Get that sorted and we possibly turn 5 or 6 of the 12 draws from this season into wins which would most years see us challenging for the title.

We are hard to beat these days - we are closer than we have been in a while to being ready to kick on and it feels like we have a real team spirit full of lads who really do care and are happy....we just need that additonal depth and we really could be onto something.

• Upvote 1

IF we win next weekend we will also have a trip to Tallinn in August for the super cup and then Abu Dhabi for the world club cup for a week in December to play 2 games hopefully. We will then be facing a fixture pile up with 2 league games moved to accommodate both.

Probably best we lose then 

IF we win next weekend we will also have a trip to Tallinn in August for the super cup and then Abu Dhabi for the world club cup for a week in December to play 2 games hopefully. We will then be facing a fixture pile up with 2 league games moved to accommodate both.

Ill take that

Right now I'd take those problems but I understand your thinking

Nah id be ok with number 6 then 14 years in the wilderness. I dont give a fuck about anything beyond next saturday.

Neither do I up to Saturday. Beyond that is a whole new season and I am expecting a title tilt. I never understand people who put the CL above the domestic title though.

Neither do I up to Saturday. Beyond that is a whole new season and I am expecting a title tilt. I never understand people who put the CL above the domestic title though.

No. 19 would be the sweeter of the two as it's the monkey on our back in the same way as '26 years and nothing to show for it' was our chant to the Mancs all those years back.

As 2005 showed a CL win didn't yield a period of sustained dominance, although we did have some great teams in the period.

If we did bag no. 19 and Jurgen sticks around I'd fancy our chances of being at the top table for a good few years to come.

I reckon we have 3 seasons left before he goes of his own accord.