You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

I am no whiz at the maths but if I take 104 - 34 I come up with fifth on that list.

We all know fifth is par. And Old School.

The whole deal was worth £140m no? 

Van Dijk's deal was laced with add on's too. A transfer is never paid in one go. 

"If we didn't sell our best player, we would have a net spend of ninety billion!!!!!"

"if we hadn't have sold our best player - who was so good that the market dictated he was worth 140m - then we would have a net spend of ninety gazillion!!!!!! Up the reds trust in klopp #NEVERWALKALONE"

Guess what you fucking mongs. We DID sell our best player. No fucking shit it skewed our motherfucking net spend, because we just sucked 140m worth of value out of squad and replaced it with bullshit statements such as "not cool!", "absolutely must look at things we can do internally like tactics and positive vibes and stuff", "coutinho is so rare that he cost 140m but the fact that he was so rare means we absolutely have to make no effort to replace him" and "only if my idiocy smacks me in my face will I realize that it is idiocy"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

TLW doesn't give a fuck. Like I say, it's more about the players we bring in. If next summer we bring in Lemar, Alisson, and another, but don't end up with 150m net spend.. I don't much care. I care about the players, the performance, etc.

It matters if we sell another first XI player.  We're already, likely, losing Can.  I'd imagine that Milner will be moved on.  I'd expect Mignolet to be sold and replaced.  I'd imagine that we should be listening to offers on Morono, and Lovren. 

These players being replaced with potential starting XI type players would be excellent, and then adding fresh bodies to the first XI like the Alisson and Lemar mentioned above would be an encouraging summer.

If we sell say, Mane, and buy Lemar, then I'm going to be pissed off if another doesn't come in to replace him. 

The "net spend" argument has no teeth if we're making the squad/first XI stronger.  That's why it's getting so strong right now, as Coutinho's replacement is still playing for another team, despite being ours. 

We've essentially thrown the towel in mid season when we could've finished second and established ourselves as a top club in the Champions league again. FSG are preparing us for UEFA cup football (next season) by trimming the wage bill and running a skeleton squad, as they have done for pretty much the entirety of their tenure.

Can't see how Klopp is happy with this after he's said repeatedly this season is about having the squad depth to compete in all competitions.

• Upvote 4

I've said this many times before, but I'll say it again. 

When these owners hired Klopp I have no doubts whatsoever that they hired him because he had a track record of competing whilst losing his best players every season and turning profits in transfer windows. 

They want nothing more than for us to be Arsenal. They can get fucked. Cunts. 

In other news - He has his faults (leaves subs way too late almost every fucking time, bizarre team selections at times and the GK situation is beyond parody) but I wouldn't swap him for ANYBODY. 

Get rid of these yank cunts and get owners who are prepared to actually invest in the fucking team and make us properly competitive. 

• Upvote 5